Bumping into Taemin.

Love is beautiful ... but also complicated.

 

The clockwise pointed to 7pm, time to go home. I finished packing my bag and exited the practice room.

Since the cafeteria was still opened, because some trainees would stay longer and even some of the groups would train for their comeback until late night. I went there to buy a bottle of apple juice to drink in the way back home. I bowed to the balcony lady and went outside the SM Building.

“Hyunji!”, someone called. I turned back and I saw Taemin running in my direction. “Hello Taemin.”, I greeted him. He paused to breath from the short run. “Hey. I already heard about you and Onew. Congrats.”, he said trying to sound happy. “Thanks.”, I gave him smile. Silence invaded the space. It became awkward so I spoke. “Well, it’s time to go home, so I guess I’ll go now.”, he nodded “Okay, well I wish you all the best. Oh and I’m sorry for asking Kai for your number instead of asking you.”, “Oh it’s okay. No problem and thanks again. Bye!”, I waved, “Bye.”, he waved too.

Finally I arrived at the bus stop on my neighborhood. I just thought of going to bed as soon as I would get home.

I was approaching home when my mom called me. “Mom?”, I picked up, “Hello sweetheart. Is everything going fine?”, she asked, “Yes, it is. It’s today that you’ll come right?”, excitement started to show up on my face, “Well, that’s why I called you. Me and dad won’t be able to go today. I think we have to stay for another week. There’s still some things to solve. I’m sorry dear.”, I noticed regret and sadness in her voice, “Oh. It’s okay mom. It’s your job. And I’m doing fine so don’t need to worry.”, I tried to not sound disappointed, “That’s my daughter. I still can’t believe she’s a woman now, not a baby anymore. I love you, bye and I’m sorry.”, “Bye mom. I love you too.”, I hang up and sighed.

Another week alone at home. I was already used to that so it wouldn’t be a problem.

I exhaled as I threw myself on the bed. “I can’t complain of my life. I have amazing friends, amazing parents that are earning money to sustain me and our lives, I’m pursuing what I wanted to, I have a sweet boyfriend now. What else could I ask for?”. In that moment my phone vibrated distracting me from my thoughts. “What is now?”. Krystal sent me a text whishing me the best and saying that she was happy for me. We ended up talking about for much time.

I glanced at my clock on my desk and it was late so I changed into my pajama and went to bed.

--------

Another Monday came, but today the light of the sun didn’t hit my room as usual. I got the feeling that today wouldn’t be a good day.

I prepared to go to SME and exited my house. Kai was already waiting for me outside. “Good morning!”, I greeted, “Good morning.”, he greeted coolly as always with his hands on his pockets. “So, ready for the first day training with your new friends?”, I asked, “Yeah, well they’re not technically new friends to me.”, he said, “Oh you had already met them before?” he nodded “Yeah and I had already trained with them before too.”, he informed. "So, you have to introduce me to them.”, I joked and he laughed.

We reached the bus stop that was nearest to the building. “Oh hum. I’ll wait for Krystal here. Sorry.”, he said while sitting in the bench of the bus stop. “You’ll abandon me? Aish. Okay, I don’t need anyone to accompany me until there.”, I pretended to be mad, “Mianhae.”, he pouted, “Bye. See you there.”, I turned away. 

As I was walking down the street the clouds started filling the sky, I looked up and there was no sun already. “Oh my god, I hope it don’t rain.”, I said while I walked faster. Suddenly I felt a drop falling on my forehead. *Oh no. Please not now!*, I thought in horror as more drops started falling from the cloudy sky.

I started running so that when I arrived at the building, I wouldn’t be so wet. “Ow!”, Without noticing I bumped into someone. We both fell on the ground, but I was on top of the person. When I looked to see who it was, “Taemin?”, I was surprised to see him, we stared at each other for 3 seconds but it was already awkward enough so I got up. “I’m so sorry. I was running so I wouldn’t get wet that I didn’t see that you were in front of me. I’m sorry.”, I apologized. “It’s okay. Well we should really run or else we’re going to get a cold.”, he smiled.

For instants I forgot that he still liked me. I felt that he was different. He wasn’t that shy anymore. I guess he gained confidence. Maybe he is a new Taemin.

“Ah, finally!”, he exhaled as he opened the door of the entrance. “Oh Thank god we arrived already.”, I tried to slow down my heart from the fast run we had to do. When I put my hand in my chest, I realized that I was really wet. Taemin noticed me looking at my soaked clothes, “Hey, I have extra clothes on my practice room. If you want you can use them.”, he offered, “Oh no, it’s okay. I brought some extra clothes for practicing. Thanks but you need too, so.”, I said while pointing at his also soaked clothes. “Okay then. We should change or else we’ll get sick.”, he advised.

We made our way to our respective practice rooms.

I opened the door and my eyes rounded in surprise. “Oppa what are you doing here?”, I asked. Onew looked at me up and down. “Oh it started raining and I had no umbrella.”, I shrugged. “You could have called me then I would have picked you up.”, he came in my direction. “Well, I didn’t remember, sorry.”, I gave him an apologetic smile. “Do you need dried clothes? I think Taemin as some on our practice room.”, “No, no, don’t worry. I brought some with me.”, I shook my head. “Then, you should go change. I don’t want my girlfriend sick.”, he gave me a peck on the lips. “Oh you didn’t tell me why you were here.”, I insisted, “I came because I wanted to see you, to give you a morning kiss, to surprise you, I’m here for many reasons.”, he leaned to kiss me. I instantly closed my eyes so that he would kiss me, but as I was waiting I heard giggling. I opened my eyes and saw Onew laughing, “Yah! Is it that funny? Aish, it’s not pretty to make fun of other people!”, I hit him in the arm. “Sorry. You want a kiss, okay I’ll give you a kiss.”, Onew grabbed me but I pulled away, “It’s better if I don’t touch you or I’ll wet your clothes also and then you’ll get a cold, so I guess I’ll change now.”, I smiled teasing him.

I grabbed my bag and went to the bathroom. Onew shook his head in disbelief, “This girl.”.

I changed into my dried clothes and with an extra towel I tried to dry a little bit more my hair. I looked one last time to the mirror and left.

As I was leaving the bathroom, I bumped into someone, again. “Oh I’m sorry. I didn’t see y-“, I stopped as I recognized the person, “Taemin?”, I smiled, “It’s the second time today!”, he said while passing a hand in his half wet hair, “Yeah, second time.”, I nodded. “Oh I heard that Kai will start training for a debut with his fellow group members.”, he remembered, “Yeah. We won’t be training together anymore.”, I sighed, “If you want someone to practice with, you can always ask me.”, he sweetly offered, I softened “Thanks Taemin. I will if I need to.”.