Breaking News!

Love is beautiful ... but also complicated.

 

We arrived at SME and went straight to SHINee’s practice room.

*Knock knock knock*, I waited for someone to open the door but I got no answer. I knocked again. Tired of waiting I opened the door and found Key sat on the floor. He was with headphones in his ear, that’s why he probably didn’t open the door.

I walked to him and touched his shoulder. Key looked at me and took off his headphones. “Hello Hyunji.”, he greeted with a smile, “Hello Key. Do you know where’s Taemin?”, I asked, “He went to the cafeteria just now.”, he said, “Thank you.”, I left the room.

I and Jihae went to the cafeteria. Jihae was just following me around, not even paying attention to where we were going. I stopped when I saw Taemin. I took a deep breath and went in his direction. “Taemin …”, I swallowed. He looked at me waiting for me to finish. “I need to ask you something.”, I looked at Jihae with a ‘can-you-leave-us-alone’ look, she nodded and left. “Sit.”, Taemin said. I sat and tried not to have eye contact.

“What were you going to ask me?”, Taemin played with a piece of napkin, “Last night .. hum … did I do something embarrassing?”, I was anxious about the answer he could give me. I could have done something that I might regret for life.

I noticed his nervousness. He couldn’t stop playing with the napkin, and his breath was heavy.

“Taemin, I need you to tell me. It’s my right to know, what I did last night. I don’t remember anything.”, I looked at him, “Alright, you deserve to  know the truth.”, he paused, “After a car game we had, which you lost, we went to a bar and the punishment was to drink 5 shots and the winner had to kiss the loser. Jihae also drank. She was the one who said the rules for the punishment.” He paused again, I was getting a bad feeling from what he was going to tell. “You were drunk when we arrived at your house. And … hum … we … we kissed.”, he finished, my eyes widened in shock. “Did we … do anything else?”, I asked afraid that we had done something more. “No, no, no. We just kissed.”, he shook his hands in a ‘no’.

I was relieved that we had just kissed. How could I have done this even though I had a boyfriend? I was more preoccupied with Onew discovering it.

“Hum, well, I hope this won’t happen again and I’m sorry for kissing you. I need to go.”, I got up and left the cafeteria.

 

----- Jihae’s POV ------

I left Hyunji and Taemin alone and went to the 3rd floor. I thought of going to visit Kai and Sehun.

I opened the door of their practice room and smiled. “Hello!”, I waved an hello. They all bowed less Kai, and said hello. “Great to see you.”, Sehun smiled, “So, what did bring you here?”, Suho asked, “I just came to visit you guys.”, “How cute.” Chanyeol said.

Kai went in my direction, grabbed my arm and pulled me outside. “Ah, ah, ah, you’re hurting me!”, I complained, he let go off my arm when we were outside the room. “Look, you can’t just appear and stop our practice. What are you doing here anyway?”, he harshly spoke, “I came with Hyunji and in case you don’t know I remember our kiss last night. Even thought it was just in the cheek it’s still a kiss. So, don’t ever do this again or try to do something stupid because if you do, Krystal will know about our little secret.”, I threatened. I turned around and left.

I went to the building’s entry and there was Hyunji waiting. “Did you ask Taemin?”, I asked, “Yeah.”, she didn’t give any details, “What did he say?”, I was curious, “I’ll tell you when we get home.”, she avoided telling me and left. I ran to catch up with her and we went home.

------ End Of Jihae’s POV -----

 

“Dinner’s ready!”, my mom shouted from downstairs.

I hadn’t told Jihae what really had happened and I had no intentions of doing it soon.

I and Jihae went downstairs and sat at the dinner table. “It smells good.”, Jihae smelled the air which smelled of my mom’s really tasty food. “I already missed your meals.”, I said as my mom sat at the table too.

We ate and after dinner we all sat on the living room watching TV. We were watching the news when a “last minute new” appeared. The host said, “Breaking news, SHINee’s leader seems to be dating f(x) Luna. Both were seen really close on the broadcast on the show in Singapore and even when they weren’t filming. The idols had said they were close friends in the past. The fans are now curious if they are dating or not.”, she finished, images of Onew and Luna hugging and happily talking, were showing on TV.

My eyes started to get wet. I couldn’t take it. I got up from the couch and went running to my room. I entered and locked the door.

It couldn’t be. Luna and Onew dating? The world had just caved. It couldn’t be truth. My heart was in pain.

“Hyunji, are you in there?”, I heard Jihae’s voice on the other side. I continued crying. I didn’t want to talk with anyone. I just wanted to cry alone and be alone. “Hyunji open the door, please.”, I didn’t answer, “Hyunji, let’s talk. Just let me in.”, she insisted. “I want to be alone.”, I said. “If you want to talk you just know where I am.”, she gave up.

I couldn’t stop the tears from falling down. “I know I did wrong when I kissed Taemin, but, did I deserve this?”, I asked to myself.

In that moment my phone rang. I looked at the ID and I cried even harder. Onew was calling me. I threw the phone on the ground and embraced my pillow as if it was my only consolation.