My forgotten birthday.

Love is beautiful ... but also complicated.

 

I and Taemin walked to the building’s exit. “You’re going home?”, Taemin asked me. I nodded. “Hum. Okay. I guess it’s better if I don’t take you home right?”, Taemin, pouted and sadly looked at me, “I guess so. Don’t worry, there will be many opportunities for you to take me home in the future.”, I tried to be positive and cheered him up. I got on my tip toes and kissed him.

We were so enjoying the moment that we didn’t even bothered that we were inside the agency’s building and right in the center of the entrance.

Away from us, hidden behind a wall, someone watched us. We didn’t notice anything. The person took out his/her phone and held it to take a picture. Carefully doing it, without anyone noticing Luna went to press the camera button, when Onew appeared behind her, “What are you doing?”, he coldly asked her. Surprised by his presence, she quickly hide her phone and grew nervous. “N-nothing.”, she lied. “Why were you taking a picture of them? Are you jealous?”, Onew confronted her. Their relationship became weaker and weaker since Onew discovered Luna’s true personality. “Why would I take a picture of them? Why would I be jealous? Tell me. Aren’t you jealous? Aren’t you angry because Taemin took the one you loved away? I would get reven-“, “Shut up!”, Onew angrily cut her off.

“Onew, you were the only who got out of the situation hurt. Both of them are happy, and they don’t even bother to ask you if you’re okay or be friends with you. I was the only one who actually cared about you. I saw since the beginning that Hyunji would only bring you pain. I was the only one who actually tried to do something about it. And why’s that? Because I care about you, because I like you. Don’t you see that?”, Luna put on her evil mind working. She was trying to make Onew hate me and Taemin, and at the same time she was trying to get him. “I know how you feel. Let me help you getting revenge on them.”, she got closer to him and cupped his cheeks.

Onew took her hands away and harshly said, “Just leave them alone.”, and left. Luna smirked, “You’ll be mine Lee Jinki. Don’t try to fight it. Cause I’ll get what I want.”, she then turned to see if I was still there with Taemin but we had already gone.

I went home by bus and Taemin went to SHINee’s dorm by himself too.

As soon as I arrived we checked both if we had arrived safely at home. I wouldn’t handle if another accident had happened to Taemin again, so I would always check if he had arrived safely. 

--------------------

September, October and November passed quickly. Both I and Taemin were busy, with practicing and Taemin with TV Shows and also with practicing. December soon arrived.

It was finally time for Kai’s group to debut. I discovered that Kai’s group was constituted by 12 members and it was divided into two subgroups: EXO-K and EXO-M. EXO-K, which was the subgroup Kai was in and I already knew the members, would promote in South Korea and EXO-M, with 4 Chinese members would promote in China. I hadn’t met with the other subgroup actually, but I heard from Kai that they got along very well.

The members were introduced to the public one by one and it were released 23 teasers through the process. The first member was Kai. I could see by the audience that they really liked him. The group soon gained many fans. Kai showed his amazing dancing skills in 10 teasers. Then the other members were introduced by the following order: Luhan, Tao, Chen, Sehun, Lay, Xiumin, Baekhun, D.O, Suho, Kris and last but not least, Chanyeol. They were introduced to the public since December until February. Their actual debut date was in April’s 8th.

I started to watch Music Shows so I could see how handsome and great performers they were.

I had the habit of noting down all of my friends birthdays so I wouldn’t forget and wish them happy birthday. Always that it was a member of “my” group’s birthday we would always do a small party in the practice room, bring a cake, play some games and even give presents.

We worked very hard.

It was now, June 22nd of 2012. It was my 18th birthday.

I woke up relaxed, ready for another practice day. I got up and got dressed. I left my room and went to the kitchen to have breakfast. My parents were already awake and were both having breakfast. “Good morning.”, I greeted them. “Good morning sweetie.”, my mom walked towards me, hugged me and whispered. “Happy birthday my dear.”, we released from the hug. “I can’t believe you’re already eighteen.”, she softened while looking at me. “Mom …”, I smiled. “Happy birthday! Ah, my dear daughter has become a woman.”, my dad got up from his sit and walked towards me so he could give me a hug too. “Thanks dad.”, I said between the hug. 

We sat and started eating. “We thought on making a surprise party for you, but since you’re already 18, we changed our mind since you might want to go out with your friends and have fun rather than staying at home with your old parents.”, my mom chuckled, “Oh mom, you’re not old!”, I chuckled too. I wondered what my day would be like. Maybe the members would prepare a party too, like we did to the other girls that already celebrated their birthdays.

After finishing breakfast I went to brush my teeth and left to the bus.

Kai had already arrived at the bus stop. “Hey!”, I greeted. “Good morning!”, Kai greeted too. “Another practice day hum.”, Kai spoke and I nodded. He didn’t wish me happy birthday. Perhaps he forgot about it, but I didn’t say anything and continued the conversation.

We arrived at SME building and I went to my practice room. I entered and everything was like the other days. There was no balloons, no cake, no party … There were the same people, same objects. I guess it would be just like any other day. We greeted each other and started practicing.

I started to doubt about it. Even Taemin forgot that it was my birthday. Maybe they were preparing a surprise party for me? If they were, they were doing it really well, because no one spoke about it. I had lunch with the girls in the cafeteria and then went back to the practice room. I was convincing myself that they had something on their sleeves. Kai and Taemin, wouldn’t forget my birthday. But then, I couldn’t just forget that they might have forgotten about it too.

Still I didn’t say a thing about it. It could seem wrong.

Finally, the practice ended and as usual I went home. Today I hadn’t seen almost anyone, just teacher Lee, the girls and Kai in the morning. Taemin said that he had TV Shows and other events. Of course I believed him. Why would he lie about it?

I arrived home and went to my room, I called for Jihae but apparently she wasn’t at home. I phoned her but she didn’t pick up. My mood started to drop. “Aish, Hyunji! Stop it. It’s not because they forgot about your birthday that you’re going to be sad. It’s not a big deal after all.”, I cheered myself.

I grabbed a new book that I had started reading a few days ago and sat on my bed reading it. Without realizing I fell asleep with the book on my lap. 

 


Author's Note:

  1. It's written 2012, because the story happens in 2011, 2012 and possibly in 2013;
  2. My sincere apologies if any of EXO's information is wrong (but i guess it isn't);
  3. Again my apologies for the typos made during the whole fanfic;
  4. If any of the characters plays the vilan role, please understand that it's just a story and I don't hate in any form any of the characters. Instead, I used them as characters in my sotry because I like them and decided to have them in my fanfic;
  5. Express your opinion about my fanfic if you want. I'd love to know what you think about it;
  6. Don't bash or expose your opinion in a offencive way; We all have our ways to write and our own imagination;
  7. If you like my fanfic, subscribe (don't go away) and comment;
  8. I'm going to miss writing this fanfic;
  9. Thank you to those who subscribed, commented and read my fanfic. I'm really grateful for you.
  10. I guess that's all. Kiss and I adore you readers! *bows*