The 1st practice as a group.

Love is beautiful ... but also complicated.

 

RIIING RIIING RIIING RIIING

The alarm clock rang desperately trying to wake me up. With my eyes close I searched for the clock. My hand touched in every object that was on the night table. When I finally reached for the clock I turned it off. Slowly I opened my eyes. The light present in my room made it difficult for me to open them. I rubbed my sleepy eyes and glanced at the clock. “OH MY GOD!”, I quickly pushed the sheets away and ran to the bathroom.

I had to hurry or else I would be late for the first day I would train with the members. Should I call them that? We’re going to be part of the same group so I guess I could.

I ate, dressed up, and packed my things as fast as I could. Somehow I couldn’t find my keys. “Where are they? Gosh, why today?”, I complained as I looked for my keys. “Ha ha, gotta ya.”, I found them on my desk.

After exiting home and running to the bus stop I went to get my phone that I assumed to be o my bag. I kept fidgeting on my bag, but no sight of my phone. “Damn, I can’t believe I left it at home.”, I cried in despair. What a great way to start of my day. Since I had no time to go back home and then return to the bus stop, I had no choice but to go with no phone.

I got in SME in time. “Hello!”, I greeted. I looked at the practice room only to find the teacher inside. “Where are everyone?”, I puzzled asked him. “It’s still 7:50am. You know that practice starts at 8:15am. Why did you come so early?”, he frowned. “But? … I guess my alarm clock had the wrong hours.”, I sighed. “Poor you. Well, want to start with the warming up?”, he asked and I nodded.

15 minutes had passed and we heard the door open. We looked at the direction of the entrance and saw a girl entering. “Is this Teacher Lee practice room?”, she politely asked. She was skinny. She had long brown and straight hair, cute small eyes and seemed a bright and cheerful girl. “Yes it is. Come in.”, the teacher gestured her to come inside. “Hello, I’m your new choreographer, Lee David.”, he introduced himself. It’s funny, I didn’t think I had ever heard his full name. I always had known him as Teacher/choreographer Lee. “You must be Kim Minyoung.”, he guessed as he looked at a paper. The girl nodded. “Oh, this is Park Hyunji, your college from now on.”, he introduced me to the girl. We both smiled at each other.

“Can you give me a minute? I’ll be right back.”, the teacher exited the room, leaving us both alone.

There was an awkward atmosphere around us. We laughed at the awkward moment and I spoke first, “So, Kim Minyoung, how old are you?”, I gestured to sit on the bench. We sat and she answered, “I was born in 94.”, “Oh really? So am I! I was born in June 22nd.”, I got surprised by the fact of having born in the same year as her. “Oh, then you’re older. I was born in August 18th.”, I noticed a bit of disappointment in her voice. “So, in what are you the best? Singing? Dancing?”, I continued the conversation, “Singing. Dancing is not my strong point, but I’m not that bad also.”, she chuckled. “And you?”, she asked, “Dancing for sure. But I think I’m not that bad at singing too.”, we bought laughed.

The teacher entered and four more girls walked behind him. He clapped to get attention and we gathered in front of him.

“So, this is our first day together of many others that will come. I can’t express how happy I am for training a new group.”, he took a deep breath and spoke again, “Well, we’ll introduce ourselves, so that we can get to know each other more. Let’s sit in a circle.”, he told us. We all sat and he demanded, “Hyunji you start. Say your name, age, hobby, skill and the reason to becoming a singer.”, I glanced at all the girls and then began, “Hello, I’m Park Hyunji, I’m 17, hum … my hobby is dancing and listening to music, my skill is dancing also and the reason is because, I found my passion for dancing when I was maybe 10, 11 years old, since then I’ve had this dream of becoming a dancer but later I found that my voice wasn’t bad after all and I auditioned to become a singer/dancer.”, it felt like telling the story of my life. I saw them smiling and nodding as if they all had the same kind of life story.

The next one was Minyoung, Lee Kyunghee, Baek Hyunjae, Choi Minji and the last one, Kim Yoorin. The oldest was Hyunjae, the second oldest was Minji, then Yoorin, I, Minyoung, and Kyunghee was the youngest.

After some time chatting, teacher David made us dancing for a while. We all showed dour skills at dancing.

I had to admit, I was the best at dancing. Maybe my position on the group would be the lead dancer. I was dreaming too much already. We don’t know anything. Nothing is confirmed yet. It was just me supposing things.

At a point Kyunghee expressed her excitement for being under the same label as her favorite bands, “This is so cool. I love all the groups SM had created, now, I’m going to be part of one too. Hyunji unnie, since you’ve been the longest trainee in here, have you spoken to the other artist?”, she asked with a sparkle in her eyes, hoping that I would say yes. It was true, I was the longest trainee in SM. The other girls, except for Yoorin and Minyoung, were all transferred trainees. Yoorin and Minyoung were all SM trainees but they were trainees for less time than I was. “Yeah, I did.”, I simply answered and looked at teacher David, he then gave me a smirk. “To which people have you talked to?”, the girls questions never ended, but I politely answered, “To all of them I think, but I’m friends with SHINee and f(x) the most.”, I smiled. Except Luna, of course.

“Oh really? Oh my god, you’re so lucky!”, she widely looked at me. I could see the maknae was a really electric person. “Oh, that’s right. I remembered now. Taemin was in coma right? I think he woke up already. Thank god.”, Minyoung, spoke. I stood there without saying a word, while they talked about Taemin.

Personally I was thought it was so good to know that people cared about him. People, sooner or later would find out about us, loving each other.

I was quite hesitant about the response people would have to this. Would they approve us? Would they hate us being together? I would only find out after they saw us. That was another thing I wanted to talk about with Taemin. I didn’t want to go public with our “thing”, since we weren’t officially dating yet, I couldn’t call it relationship (as lovers). I learned about it, with Onew. Although fans and stuff didn’t know about it, it still had some quite impact on me, having all the people in the company knowing about our relationship.

For now and for almost everyone, Taemin and I were only friends, good friends.