Dance partners

Love is beautiful ... but also complicated.

 

“Okay, go in first so it doesn’t seem like we came together.”, Taemin stopped. We were on our way to SME, since we couldn’t get caught we had to do some sacrifices. “Oh, but then … you’ll stay here, looking at the sky? Like a statue?”, I asked him pitifully, “I’ll think of you, so it doesn’t matter.”, he chuckled. He always had to say something sweet. It was weird because I liked it, but I also disliked it a bit. It felt good hearing those things. It makes me feel like I’m being loved for real, but then if it’s too much, it gives me an odd feeling. I couldn’t explain why. “Aish you. Okay I’m going now.”, I pouted and slowly let go off his hand.

I stepped back still looking at him. I waved and turned back, so I wouldn’t bump into people.

I reached at the practice room but there was no one inside it. ‘Where did everyone go?’, I wondered. I looked at my wristwatch to check if I had arrived too early but it was just time to start practice. I left my things in the room and decided to go look for them.

I went to the cafeteria and they weren’t there. On my way to search for the girls, I ran into teacher Lee. “Oh, teacher Lee.”, I called, “Yes?”, he stopped, I walked to him and asked, “Have you seen the girls? They’re not in the room and it passes 5 minutes already.”, I said not too panicked but a bit worried. “No I haven’t seen them, but don’t worry they probably have gone out for a drink or something. Let’s go to the practice room and wait. If they not appear in 20 minutes, we’ll go look for them.”, the teacher patted my shoulder and lead the way to the practice room.

We entered in the room and the girls haven’t come back. After more five minutes of waiting they finally showed up. “Oh teacher Lee, I’m sorry for arriving late.”, the entered and bowed apologizing for the late arrival. “Ye ye ye, that this won’t happen again.”, teacher Lee showed off his tough and respectable professor image. I knew he didn’t like people to arrive late.

We started our practice. It was 4pm and we were doing a break. Teacher Lee was looking for something and I asked, “Did you lost something?”, he shook his head and answered, “No, is just that we don’t have water anymore. I guess I’ll have to go get some bottles of water.”, he said. I got up from the floor and quickly stopped him, “No, no. I’ll get them. Also, I need to go to the bathroom.”, I excused. He nodded and let me go.

I took my phone with me and texted Taemin. We seemed like little kids, escaping a bit from classes to see each other. I remember doing that in my first year of middle school. Now that I remember that, it was fun. I waited for him in the entrance of the bathroom. Suddenly I felt someone covering my eyes. Of course I already knew who it was. “I know it’s you Taemin!”, I smiled. “Ah I guess I should’ve known it was too obvious.”, he disappointedly looked at me. “Oh my, you’re sweating so much! Is practice being hard?”, I asked him. “Not much.”, he simply answered. “Oh, right! I forgot to ask you something at the lunch time. How did you enter in my house today?”, I suspiciously looked at him. “I asked Jihae to let me in. She scolded me at first for waking her up, but since I explained that it was a surprise for you, she let me enter.”, I shook my head and sighed, “Just you. You’re lucky you know. Jihae usually isn’t very nice in the morning.”, I chuckled, “Well, I should go, I still have to get water to take to the practice room. We ran out of it.”, I pouted. “Okay then. Think much about me during practice.”, he winked. I rolled my eyes and smiled at my silly boyfriend.

Soon the practice ended.

“Aren’t you coming?”, Yoorin asked me as the girls were walking to the exit. “No, I’m going with a friend so I need to wait a little bit in here.”, I explained. “Oh okay. See you tomorrow then.”, she waved and I waved back.

I was standing in the middle of the hall looking randomly to a wall when suddenly hit me that I hadn’t seen Kai for ages. He must had been really busy for the past days. Then I decided to go visit him in his practice room.

I walked in the opposite direction of the exit. I turned left and then went to the second floor. As I was exiting the stairs, Eunhyuk sunbae appeared. He was concentrated in something in particular but when he noticed me he stopped and spoke, “Oh hey Hyunji. How are you?”, he asked, I bowed in respect and answered, “Good and you sunbae?”, politely I continued the conversation, “Same. How are things going with Taemin?”, he suddenly asked with a smirk in his face, “E-excuse me? What do you mean?”, I wanted to seem like I didn’t know what he was talking about, “Weren’t you dating with Taemin?”, he pinched his eyebrows together in confusion, “What makes you say that?”, I tried to escape of answering the previous questions, “Well, I saw you in the hospital very worried about him like someone who’s afraid of losing the one she loves the most. And also, I heard that you went every day to see him, that’s why I’m asking.”, he looked at me, waiting for a response. “Oh, well. I went because I felt it was because of me, he had the accident. Since I felt guilty, I thought I had the duty of being by his side in that period.”, I lied.

Well, I didn’t lie. What I said was true, but I occulted the other reason why I went to see him every day and kept by his side. “Oh. I understand. Well, it’s a pity. You look good together.”, he smiled, I smiled back, “Well, I should go. Good bye. See you around.”, he waved. “Good bye.”, I waved back and turned around. I sighed in relief. Thank god, he had to go, or else I would probably have to lie, which I didn’t want to.

I arrived at the hall where Kai’s practice room was and searched for the door. I heard music coming from inside it. I carefully listened to it from outside. When it finally stopped I knocked on the door, opened it and peeked inside. “Hyunji!”, I heard a female voice calling my name. I found it strange but the voice looked familiar to me. I looked at my right and saw Amber and Krystal sat on the floor. Smiling widely Amber got up and came to me.

Now the attention was on me. I entered and waved to all of them. “Hello!”, I greeted while smiling. They did the same, except the boys. They were so tired that they couldn’t even wave properly. “What brings you here?”, Amber asked, “I came to visit the boys since it’s been a while since I last saw them.”, “Come.”, Amber gestured with her hand for me to follow her.

I put my bag next to Amber, where I would sit. “So guys, how have you been doing? Long time no see.”, I flashed a smile to them. Kai took the opportunity and spoke first, “We’ve been busy. Lots of practice, and you?”, I shrugged, “Same. Well, but I guess it’s not as you.”. “Okay, so let’s do a break.”, their choreographer spoke. He took the advantage of the situation to leave for brief minutes.

In that exact moment, Taemin entered in the room. “Hello!”, he gave his signature smile. He looked at all of them and noticed my presence. Keeping it discreet he just made eye contact and went to greet Kai and the guys.

After some seconds, Kai left the group and went to Krystal. He stretched his arms to her, so she could take his hands and get up. “What’s the matter?”, Krystal asked him, he just smiled and walked to the center of the practice room still holding hands with her. Amber and I just stood there smiling foolishly at them. “Everybody please! Attention! For some entertainment I’m going to show you, I mean, we are going to show you how to make people go wow with our moves.”, he stated. We giggled at his statement.

We stood there waiting for them to start the “entertainment”. Kai quickly went to pick the song and returned to his place.

The music started playing. We all anticipating, looked carefully at them. They started dancing. The choreography was good. I glanced at Taemin and he also glanced at me. We exchanged glances and smiles. Hopefully nobody had noticed.

The couple ended their performance and we clapped at their good dancing skills and chemistry. “Wooohooo!”, we cheered them. They bowed and left the center of the room. Then, I had the huge feeling to dance. Of course my one and only dance partner would be Taemin. “You were good, you were good.”, I nodded as I got up, “But … I guess I and Taemin will have to show who rules this place.”, I laughed at my speech. “Prepare to cry from happiness.”, I confidently spoke. They laughed and Taemin went to the center of the room. I went to put the music. Thankfully I had the CD with it. I pressed the “Play” button and ran to Taemin’s side.

Once again music started playing.

We would dance the choreography the teacher Lee had taught us. The teacher had taught us two different endings. One had skin ship in the end, but the other hadn’t. So we decided to go with the second one.

(Video of the choreography)

 

The moves were precise and synchronized. We danced to both songs.

After that, they all clapped and cheered loudly. “Okay I have to admit. You both rule in here.”, Kai laughed still speaking honestly. I and Taemin looked at each other and smiled. My partner was the best. “Oh you both should do a collaboration.”, Chanyeol spoke showing his bright smile and white teeth. The rest nodded. “Okay. I guess it’s enough for today. I shall go home now.”, I went to get my bag. “Bye guys!”, I walked towards the exit. I heard Taemin saying his goodbyes too.

I was already outside when Taemin ran after me. “My dancing queen! I’m a proud boyfriend you know.”, Taemin put his arm around my shoulder. I looked at him, “My dancing King. I’m a proud girlfriend too!”, we both chuckled and made our way to outside the building.