Feeling less sad.

Love is beautiful ... but also complicated.

 

I knocked on the door of Kai’s practice room and opened it.

As I looked inside, Kai made an surprised expression, “Hyunji?”, it was all he could let out of his mouth, “Hello, Hyunji. How are you?”, Baekhyun took a step forward. Kai didn’t even give me time to answer Baekhyun, “What are you doing here? Do you need anything?”, he seemed worried, I pretended to be hurt, “Wow, Is that how you treat your friends? A person needs a reason to come visit her friends nowadays?”, his friends, started ‘boooing’ him, “Kai, how friendly you are.”, “What a friend!”, his friends said to him. I giggled. As soon as Kai understood I wasn’t sad he smiled also.

“I was concerned alright guys?! It’s been a long time since the last time I saw her open that door. That’s why I was surprised. I thought she needed something.”, he excused. His smiled suddenly faded away, “How’s Taemin?”, I involuntary pouted, “The same.”, Kai approached me and hugged me.

Lately, I have been hugged by a lot of people. The boys stood looking at us, some envious of our close relationship, some touched from the moment. We pulled away and we saw their faces looking at us. We laughed and I thought that I finally had laughed in all this painful and sad time.

“Well, I won’t bother you anymore. I’ll let you practice.”, I said as I waved at them, “Oh, you’re not bothering. You can stay and watch us practice if you want.”, D.O spoke, “Yeah, it would be nice.”, Suho smiled, “Oh, she could rank our dancing skills.”, Chanyeol had his signature smile from an ear to the other, Kai just chuckled at the silliness of his friends. “One thing you could help us with, would be calling Jihae to bring Sehun for practice.”, Suho added, “Oh, he’s missing practice?”, I asked astonished, “Oh boy, Jihae is being a bad girlfriend!”, I took my phone from my pocket and phoned Jihae. Luckily she picked up the call.

After some minutes the door was opened. “Sorry guys.”, Jihae shamefully apologized them, “Oh Sehun, how bad boy you are! You should never miss practice if it means leaving the girlfriend alone for some hours.”, I scolded him. As good boy as he was, he bowed and apologized. “And you Miss Jihae, should be a better girlfriend and help and support your boyfriend!  Aish, encouraging him to miss practice?”, I shook my head, “I’m done with my speech.”, I bowed and sat. They chuckled. “You call that a speech?!”, Jihae protested. I rolled my eyes and put my attention back to the boys who were about to start dancing.

After the first choreography, I ranked their dancing skills as Chanyeol had asked for. “So, Kai … out of 20 … maybe an 19.”, he smiled, “Why not a 20? You know I’m a dancing god.”, I laughed, “Because you aren’t as good as me.”, I continued, “Baekhyun, 17, D.O, 17 also; Sehun 18. Chanyeol, 16 and Suho 15,5.”, I looked at them and Chanyeol seemed quite disappointed with the ranking I gave him, “Oh Chanyeol? What rank do you think you should have?”, I asked him. He shyly answered, “17”, he sweetly smiled, “I think you still need to improve some moves, so I don’t think you should have the 17 for now.”, I explained, he nodded and stepped back, “Still, I’ll give you 16, 5”, at hearing this his face light up a little more. “And Suho …-“, “I know why you gave me this ranking. I know my weak points.”, he sweetly smiled. “But still, you’re pretty good.”, I tried to encourage him.

I glance to my phone and I gasped, “Oh my god. I haven’t had lunch and it’s almost time to start practice. Sorry. I’ll come more often okay?”, I waved and left running to the cafeteria.

I ate as fast as I could and headed to my practice room again.

“Oh god.”, I sighed in relief. I didn’t arrive late for practice.

Practice went well as always. It was now time to get home.

After saying goodbye to Kai, Jihae and the rest of the boys I went to catch the bus. I would go to the hospital after taking a quick shower.

I fasten my footsteps and found Onew and Key sat a few meters away. I walked to them and greeted, “Hello.”, I sat next to Key. They also greeted and I asked, “Did the visit time already start? It was from 6pm to 8pm, right?”, Key nodded. “Minho’s inside. When he comes out you can go, we already went.”, Key answered.

A few minutes later, Minho came out. We all were with sad expressions. I noticed Minho’s watered eyes and glanced to the ground. I had never saw Minho crying, so I was a bit surprised. I got up and entered Taemin’s room.

“Annyeong.”, I said as I approached him. He was in the same position as yesterday. I pushed the chair closer to his bed and sat down. I looked at him and caressed his cheeks. “Here we are again. I wish we weren’t you know. Today Jonghyun told me that maybe this was destiny. At first, I didn’t believe in it, but after thinking a while about it, I think I agree with him now. I’m going to tell you something that I haven’t told anyone, even Jihae or Kai. Well the two people who only know about this are Jonghyun and Kai actually but, I never admitted in front of them. Taemin …. I love you. I know this isn’t the right time to say it but, I wanted to do it, even though you don’t hear me.” I grabbed his hand, “I promise I’ll come every day to visit you. I don’t want to waste the opportunity to see you every day. So I’ll come and spend time with you. Okay?”, whoever saw me, would think I was in the verge of becoming insane.

I was talking so comfortably with him, although I didn’t get any replies, I didn’t care. I was there with him.

“I’ll tell you something curious. Today, for the first time, I felt … insecure. I felt as if I wasn’t good enough to be a trainee in SME. Now that I think about it, I think it was your presence which was missing, that made me feel like that. See, how you changed my life? Now even your presence affects me.”, I chuckled at my own statement.

I took the MP3 out of my purse and put the phones on my ears. I turned it on and said, “I’m going to sing you a song, so you can feel better.”, I choose the song and clicked on the play button. No letting go of his hand, I rested my head on my arm and started humming the song.

As I hummed the song I caressed his hand with my fingers, feeling how soft it was.

I was confident. I was confident that he would wake up soon. He had to.

Time passed by and the visit time was almost finishing. I kissed Taemin’s forehead and left the room.

The boys guaranteed me that they would phone me, if they got news and told me to go home and sleep. Since I was feeling tired and went out of the hospital and headed home.