Byunghun's Surprise

Love is beautiful ... but also complicated.

 

I didn’t have a clue to where Byunghun was taking me. I was just following him around. With no silent moments we made our way to Byunghun’s destination.

“Oh, so you’re taking for shopping?”, I asked as we approached the mall. “Who knows, I’m not telling you.”, he teased. I was dying of curiosity. “Tell me, please.”, I blinked and did a puppy face. Byunghun avoided looking at me and kept putting his hands in front of his face. “Yah, yah. Stop it. You know I can’t resist your aegyo. Stop it.”, I laughed and then I decided to let it go and wait for him to finally reveal where he was taking me.

We entered in the mall and he stopped for a moment. “What’s wrong?”, I asked. He was looking upwards with his thinking face. “This way.”, he snapped his fingers and he pointed to the right way. I followed him to the 2nd floor.

We were walking around the mall, when Byunghun stopped at the sight of a huge line of people waiting for something outside a store.

We lifted our heads to see better what was going on inside the store. “I can’t see anything.”, I sighed at my short height. “Well, it’s going to be a long day.”, he pouted. “Oh why?”, I questioned quite confused, “Remember when you told me you would like to meet Quest Crew from that American dance program? Well, I searched on the net and I found they would be here today, so I thought of bringing you here.”, he finally revealed the reason for being in the mall. I softened, “Woaaa. Thank you. You’re the best!”, with all the excitement I got on my toes and hugged him. “You welcome. The bad think is that we’ll wait for much time.”, “Oh it’s okay.”, I said and then moved a step forward as the line was moving.

I was happy for being there already that I didn’t care about the time I would wait to get their signatures.

Time passed by and there was only a person in front of me. I was so happy. The Quest Crew was right in front of me. They were like gods of dance to me. Not comparing to Michael Jackson, of course but still they were super, super good at dancing. The person walked and I greeted the guy that was the first one of the crew to give his autograph. “Hello.”, I smiled. “Hello.”, he smiled too. “Can you say your name please?”, he asked, “Hyunji.”, I answered. He wrote something on the poster and put his signature below. I moved to the next person and so on.

I had finally all their autographs. “Oh my god! I have Quest Crew autographs and I saw them in front of me. Considerate yourself lucky, Hyunji!”, I celebrated already outside the store. Byunghun laughed at my silliness.

“We can go now.”, he affirmed, “Okay. I’m kind of hungry.”, I massaged my belly. “What do you want to eat?”, he asked while heading to the exit of the mall. “I don’t know. For me anything is fine.”,

In our way home we stopped at an Italian restaurant. We ate and then Byunghun took me home.

“I had a great time today. Thank you for the surprise.”, I thanked as I took the seatbelt, “You welcome. Whenever you want you can call me.”, he smiled. I got out of the car and he opened the window of the passenger seat side. “Bye. Sleep well.”, he waved. “Bye. Send a kiss to your parents when you talk to them.”, I also waved. He closed the window and left.

I hugged the Quest Crew poster and went inside the house. “Is anybody home?”, I asked as locked the door. “Up here!”, I heard a voice from a far that I assumed to be Jihae’s. I went upstairs and then to her room. I knocked and entered. “Hey. How was your day?”, I sat on her bed. “Well, it was good. Sehun and I went to have a nice time together. Oh my, he’s such a cute guy.”, Jihae blushed while talking about him, “I knew he was a good boy.”, I pulled a pillow to me and embraced it in my arms. “And you, how was your day? Did you call Taemin?”, Jihae sat on the chair. “Hum, no. Maybe he had his day all busy with his schedule. I called Byunghun.”, I answered. “Ugh, I can’t believe I haven’t gotten the chance to talk to him. Lucky girl! Next time I will go with you and take Sehun with us!”, she snapped. I laughed.

We kept on talking until late. When it was time to sleep each one of us prepared to go to bed and went to sleep.

-------

The warming sun penetrated my room with no permission. I woke up and another day arrived.

I got ready to go to SM and had breakfast. I caught the bus with Kai and we made our way to SM. We arrived, bid our goodbyes and went to our respective practice rooms. Today I didn’t know when Taemin would practice with me, if it would be in the morning or if it would be in the afternoon. I warmed up and I was now ready to practice. The teacher came right on time.

“Oh, I didn’t arrived late.”, he sighed relieved. He must have come running or something, since he entered in the room breathing rapidly. “Good morning Hyunji. Ready for practice?”, he asked as he placed his bag on the corner. “Always.”, I smiled. “Oh, today, I don’t know if Taemin will be able to come. He’s schedule is quite busy.”, he informed. He clicked on some buttons on the radio and chose the track. “Okay.”, I was a bit disappointed. The day sure would go much faster and would be more enjoyable with him.

The song started playing and the practice began.

“Ah, can we just stop for a bit?”, I asked breathless. The teacher also nodded while fighting for hair. I went straight to the bench and grabbed my towel. I wiped the sweat away from my face. I put the towel on my shoulder and then unthreaded the lid of my bottle of water. I drank a little and then went back to the middle of the room.

“Hyunji, can I ask you something?”, the teacher turned to me, I nodded. “Since when do you know Taemin?”, I was caught by surprise with that question. As he was talking I thought he would ask about Kai, but then he mentioned Taemin. “T-Taemin?”, I blinked. “Yeah, Taemin. I’ve noticed you are close to each other, I was just curious about this.”, he explained. “We’ve known each other since when I became a trainee, two years ago. Technically, it was only last year that we were introduced to each other.”, I answered.

The teacher had a small smile on his face. “Why are you smiling?”, I was puzzled. “Nothing, Nothing.”, he shook his head and his smile grew wider. “Can I know why you’re being like this?”, I also smiled unconsciously at looking at the teacher. “It’s just that when people are young … it’s so fun and good to see their love life.”,, he shook his head in disbelief. He then moved to my side so the practice would continue. I started thinking in what he said. *Does the teacher think I …?? Oh my god. I hope he doesn’t. But I will clear this up.*, I thought still on my spot. “Are you saying that I like Taemin?”, I put my hands on my waist and asked with a startled expression.

Now the teacher had a teasing grin. “Why? You do?”, he teased, “Wha- Hum? Of course not.”, snapped. He laughed, “I didn’t say anything, you were the one who said it.”, I sighed. I gave up and got ready to continue the practice.