"Check on her for me, please."

Love is beautiful ... but also complicated.

 

“Congratulations!”, someone shouted. Me and Taemin turned our heads to see Jonghyun smiling brightly. I was puzzled, “Congratulations? Why?”, Jonghyun put a hand on my shoulder, “Hyunji-ah, I’m very happy for you and Onew hyung. I wish you all the best.”, “Oh, thank you. I’m very happy too.”, I smiled. I glanced at Taemin and his expression was pissed off, I knew that this wasn’t something that he liked to talk about. “Well I should go. Bye, have a nice day!”, I waved, “You too Hyunji!”, Jonghyun waved back.

I went to my practice room and as expected Onew was still there. “Why did you take so long?”, he asked, “I met up with Jonghyun and Taemin in the way back here.”, I answered. “Oppa, Taemin is different.”, I said while remembering his actions in the last two days. “Different? What do you mean?”, he was curious, “Well, he has been shy since I’ve met him, but from yesterday I think he gained confidence.”, I explained. “Hum, well, I didn’t notice anything different.”, he shrugged. “Aigoo, looks like the leader doesn’t care for his dongsaengs.”, I , “Of course I care, but lately there’s a person that is taking some of the attention I got for them.”, he teased back and kissed me. “You have to go practice or you’ll make mistakes on your choreography.”, I grinned and he sighed “Yeah yeah I know you want me out of here. See you in lunch time?”, I nodded and he left.

I turned the music on and started practicing.

It was lunch time already. My tummy groaned and I stopped dancing. “Ah, hungry already? I guess I’m going to have lunch now.”, I sighed. I grabbed my wallet and went to the cafeteria.

In the way to there, Onew sent me a text saying he couldn’t meet with me for lunch because of an event.

I ordered and sat at a table.

“Having lunch alone?”, a male voice asked, I looked up and saw Kai standing with his food in his hand. “Oh sit.”, I said. He sat in front of me and we started talking. “You’ll just eat that?”, he asked surprised of the amount of food I had ordered, “Hum yeah, I was hungry but not anymore.”, I shrugged. “So how it is to train with your new friends?”, I asked, “It’s …. Good.”, he answered, “Good? You mean with me it was better?”, I laughed, “They’re a bit lazier than you but they want it as much as I do, so they work hard also.”, he complimented. I knew he was enjoying it really much but he wouldn’t show it.

In that moment two more people joined us, it was Krystal and Taemin. Krystal sat next to Kai and Taemin sat next to me. It was the first time seeing them together and I realized they were actually a cute couple. “Aigooo, now that I really see you together, you make a cute couple.”, I said to them. “Ah thank you.”, Krystal grinned. “Oh Taemin didn’t you have an event?”, I asked remembering Onew’s text. “No, Onew and Key were the ones who had.”, he explained, I pouted.

We had a great time chatting. “Well, we’re going now. We have some stuff to do.”, Kai said with a smirk on his face. “Some stuff to do? Okay go do it then, we’ll stay here.”, I looked at Taemin.

I wasn’t feeling weird around Taemin lately, I guess it was because of his sudden change.

The couple left and we stood there without anything to say. “Onew told me you’re going to be part of a new girl group. What do you think of it?”, he asked, trying to end with the awkwardness, “Well, I think it’s one of the best things that happened to me. I wanted it so much and I worked really hard to achieve my goal. In the end, it’s a dream come true.”, I thought of all the hard work I went through just to get here. “It was the same with me. I really wanted to become a singer and here I am after believing in my dreams and pursuing them.”, he sighed. I could see he was in deep thoughts as well.

Somehow it made me believe we went through similar paths and obstacles in order to make our dreams come true.

“Well, I hope you can go far with your dream. Just don’t stop believing in it.”, he advised, “Thanks. I won’t.”, I smiled. I glanced at my phone to check the time and I was late to my first dance practice with the teacher. “Oh my god, I’m so late. I’m sorry I have to go.”, I got up and went to put the trash in the trash can, “Oh Taemin, thank you for this time. I enjoyed talking with you.”, I thanked, “Me too.”, he grinned. I turned away and ran to the practice room.

I opened the door of the room and quickly bowed to the dance teacher. “I’m so sorry. I’m late. It won’t happen again.”, I apologized, “It’s okay. I’ll just tolerate 2 late arrivals. This was the first, there will be one more time from now on. Okay? At the third there will be a punishment.”, he warned. “I got it. I’ll be more careful in the future.”, I bowed again. “Let’s start warming up.”, he demanded.

He had prepared some exercises to test me. Personally I think I did pretty well. After those tests, he started teaching me a new choreography.

I practiced really hard. I was sweating all over my body. I couldn’t catch up with my breath and heart beating. “Okay, let’s stop for a bit.”, he ordered as he noticed I was tired. I couldn’t help but fell on the ground. As soon as I landed on the floor I lost my conscious.

---- No One POV – told in 3rd person ----

“Hyunji, Hyunji!”, the teacher ran to you in alarm. In that moment Taemin entered in the room, he widened when he saw the teacher in panic and you laid down on the floor. “Taemin stay here as I’ll call for help.”, he ordered. The teacher left the room and Taemin went in your direction. “Hyunji wake up. Please, Hyunji!”, he cupped your cheek.

The ambulance didn’t take long to arrive. You were taken to the hospital and Taemin went with you.

Taemin was in the waiting room when Onew called him. “Yah! What happened? Is Hyunji okay? Why is she in the hospital?”, he bombarded Taemin with questions, “I don’t know the reason yet. And I didn’t get to see her so I’ll call you as soon as I know something.”, he calmly answered. “Okay, I don’t think I can go there now. Check on her for me, please.”, Onew requested, “I will.”, Taemin shortly agreed and hang up the call.

Seconds later the doctor appeared, Taemin got up to hear what the doctor had to say. “Well, this is something that she has to be careful with. She fainted due to unbalanced diet. For what I see, she hasn’t eaten much for that past few days and that was the main cause to why she fainted. The company gave me her schedule and the report of the situation I got from the teacher indicate that she has been doing a lot of physic activity, these two facts together takes us to what happened today. She has to take care of herself more, but she won’t be able to do it alone, so as a friend at least keep an eye on her.”, the doctor informed, Taemin nodded. The doctor was turning to go away when Taemin asked “When will she leave?”, “She will stay for today, so maybe tomorrow.”, the doctor finally left.