Car accident!

Love is beautiful ... but also complicated.

 

“Where are we going?”, Jihae, ran to catch up with me, “To the hospital.”, I started running towards the bus stop. The next bus would come in some minutes. She stopped at hearing hospital. When she realized I was getting further, she ran again. “Why? What happened?”, she kept questioning. I didn’t answer. “Hyunji?”, she looked at me expecting an answer, “Can you please explain to me what’s happening right now?”, she demanded an explanation, “Taemin’s in the Hospital alright! He got into a car accident!”, I yelled.

She was shocked because I yelled at her and because of the bad news. I realized that I was too nervous and approached her, “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to yell at you. It’s just, I’m so nervous. I hope he’s not injured.”, I apologized.

She hugged me and patted my back. “It’s okay. Calm down. Everything is going to be okay.”. I cried on her shoulder. “Why it had to be now? Why it even had to be? If I had let him bring me home, this wouldn’t happen.”, I let tears escape from my eyes. “Sweetie, it’s not your fault. Okay?”, she tried to cheer me up, but with no success at all.

The bus came and after 10 minutes, we arrived at the hospital.

I run to the urgencies. In the aisle were Jonghyun, Key, Minho, Onew and Kai. They heard our footsteps and looked at our direction. As soon as Kai turned around, I started crying. “Where’s Taemin? I wanna see him.”, I asked, “Calm down.”, “No, I don’t want to calm down. Where is he?”, I was freaking out. I had just realized my feelings for him and now I was in the verge of losing him?

“Hyunji, listen to me! You need to calm down.”, he looked at me in pleading way. He then pulled me into a hug. “He’s in the operating room. He’s strong, he’s going to get out of this well.”, he tried to be positive, “Tell me, I not going to lose him.”, I looked up at him with teary eyes, he hesitated a bit, “You won’t. Let’s sit here.”, we sat in the chairs waiting for someone to come and say that it was everything well.

At least I was waiting for that. I felt guilty for what happened. I just couldn’t be there and not feel in that way. “This is my fault. He asked me if I wanted him to take me home, but I didn’t accept it. If I had let him, this wouldn’t had happened.”, tears wouldn’t just stop falling down my cheeks. Jonghyun who was sat on my right side, leaned closer and patted my back, “No Hyunji. You’re wrong. This could happen in any time. It wasn’t because you didn’t accept his offer, he had the accident.”, it wasn’t that easy to take those thoughts out of my head.

In that moment a nurse appeared and we all anticipated whatever she was going to say. “Who’s Lee Taemin relative?”, we all got up, she was surprised. “We’re his friends.”, Jonghyun told. The woman sighed, “I’m sorry to tell you this but, he suffered a head trauma and is now in coma. He’s already in his room.”, the woman looked at the ground, not feeling comfortable to announce those kind of news.

At hearing head trauma and coma, I fell onto the ground. I think I had never cried so much in my life. Everyone gathered around me. I didn’t like to be the center of attention when it came to those things but those words hit hard on my heart.

Kai leaned and looked at me in the eyes. “Hyunji look at me. Before we know he’ll wake up and everything will be back to normal. Have faith okay?”, I nodded.

I couldn’t believe. Right after I had the best moment of my life, the worst had to come.

The woman was still there and asked me, “Do you want a cup of water?”, I shook my head, “I’m fine.”, I lied. In fact I wasn’t fine at all. What could be worse than having the person we loved in the hospital half dead?

“Guys, some of us should go. We shouldn’t be occupying much space in here.”, Minho spoke, “I’ll stay.”, I quickly said, “I’ll stay with her.”, Jonghyun said after me, “Okay, two people are enough. If anything happens tell us right away okay?”, Key pointed at Jonghyun. Onew looked at Jonghyun and approached him. “I should stay, I’m the leader.”, Jonghyun threw a glance in my direction. “I would agree with that but you need to think about the others too. The last thing Hyunji needs is to have the man who broke her heart next to her. It’s better for her.”, Jonghyun spoke in a low voice, so that I couldn’t hear what they were saying.

Onew looked at me and then nodded. “Take care of her and Taemin too. I’ll be here tomorrow.”, he patted Jonghyun’s shoulder and left.

Everyone had already left. Jonghyun sat next to me. He grabbed on my hand and squeezed it. “Have faith. Taemin will survive. He doesn’t seem strong because he’s skinny but in his heart, he’s much more than we can imagine.”, I looked at him, my eyes were red from crying so much, “Oppa … why did it had to happen?”, he seemed to not have the answer to my question, “Come here.”, he then pulled me closer and hugged me.

He pulled away and asked, “Do you want to eat or drink anything?”, I shook my head in denial. I wasn't hungry or thirsty.

---------

My swollen eyes slowly opened. I found myself with my head on Jonghyun’s shoulder. I straightened up and I felt my back hurting. It probably was because the position I had slept in. I yawned. “Already awake?”, Jonghyun spoke, I turned my head to the side, “Look who’s talking.”, I gave him a weak smile, “I didn’t even sleep.”, he shrugged. My mouth fell open, “Really? I was so exhausted last night, I just couldn’t resist. Even if I tried to be awake, I wouldn’t be able to.”, I stretched out.

“Now that you’re awake, I’m going to get something for us to eat.”, he got up and left to the last floor, where people could buy food or snack.

After some minutes, he came back with drinks and some snacks. “Here, I bought apple juice, I heard you liked it and also bought these cookies.”, he opened the bag showing what he had bought. “Thank you oppa.”, I grabbed the box, opened it and put it in the middle of us, so we could eat at the same time. I opened the bottle of apple juice and drank a bit.

A nurse approached us and asked, “You’re Lee Taemin’s relatives?”, we nodded. “You can now visit him. You’ll have 15 minutes. One person at a time, he’s room is in this way.”, the woman lead the way. We put everything in the bag and followed her.

She stopped at the room 34 and waited, “You go first.”, I looked at Jonghyun, he looked back at me, “Are you sure?”, I nodded. The nurse opened the door and let Jonghyun enter.

I wasn’t fully ready to see him. I needed to breathe deeply first, before I would enter in that room.

Fifteen minutes had passed and now was my turn. Jonghyun got out and nodded at me, like if he was saying ‘Be strong you too.’. I walked towards the door and mentally prepared myself. I didn’t want to get in and start crying like a cascade. I opened the door and entered. I took some steps forward and slowly walked until Taemin’s bed. It hurt as hell seeing him like that, laid down, connected to machines, not even opening his eyes.

I couldn’t control my emotions. Again, I started crying. “Taemin … I don’t even have words.”, I spoke as if he could hear me, “You don’t know how much it hurts being here, watching your injured figure and not be able to do something. I’m sorry for not accepting your offer yesterday. I should have let you take me home. Then nothing of this would have ever happened. After ... “ I hiccup from crying, “After, our kiss, I grew embarrassed. If you had come with me it would have been awkward, that’s why didn’t want you to bring me home. Look what happened. I’m sorry. I’m sorry for everything. I’m sorry because I ignored you in the first times we spoke, because I didn’t let you get closer to me before, because I didn’t express my feelings decently for you before.”, I pulled a chair and sat next to Taemin’s bed. “I’m sorry for not realizing your feelings for me before too. You had been such an incredible friend and yet, I didn’t thank you for it. I when it comes to friends.”, I chuckled at myself, “Who would know that in the end, we would turn out like this, loving each other?”, I looked deeply at him. I wasn’t talking to get an answer. I just wanted him to hear what I was saying, maybe it would give him strength.

Before I knew, the fifteen minutes finished and the nurse came in. “Excuse me, the time finished.”, she spoke. I got up, looked one last time at him and went out.

 


OMO OMO OMO, poor Taemin :( I was really sad while writing this chapter. Tears came to my eyes. :( Continue reading, commenting and don't forget to upvote, please. :3 ^^