Confirmation.

Love is beautiful ... but also complicated.

 

Sunday, today was the day when Onew would come. I didn’t know if he would arrive early or it would be in the night. But, I wouldn’t even bother to ask. I didn’t want to talk with him at the moment.

Jihae came in my room and convinced me to go to take breakfast before leaving to SME. Mom and dad left to go visit some family today so they would come at night.

I was getting ready when Jihae appeared by my room’s door. “Are you better?”, she looked at me in concern, “Yeah. I thought a lot last night and I decided to wait for his confirmation. Of course at first I didn’t even thought about being a rumor and rumors not always are true. But I also believed a bit because Onew didn’t even tell me that he went with other SM artists and I didn’t know that. I don’t know, I just thought that he could have told me but he didn’t. I don’t have secrets for him, okay, I just have the one with Taemin but, I want to forget that.”, I got back to packing my bag. “Secret with Taemin? Ohhh, you haven’t told me what happened!”, she remembered, “Tell me. It was anything bad? It was with Tae-“, “We kissed.”, I spoke before she could finish. “Oh you kissed. What?! You kissed?!”, she was shocked, “Oh my god. In the lips?!”, she couldn’t believe in what I had just told her. “Yes Jihae, but it won’t happen again.”, I zipped the closing of the bag and put on my shoulders.

She continued asking and teasing me because of that but I just ignored her. We reached at SM and there were a lot of paparazzi outside. We managed to get inside and escape from that crowd with cameras and microphones.

We were on our way to my practice room when someone called me. “Hyunji!”, it was a female voice, I turned around and Luna came in our direction. “Hello. How are you? Good? I just wanted to congratulate you for being the first girlfriend Onew had in his life. Well technically, you weren‘t his real first girlfriend because he had never liked you. So, I can say that I AM his first girlfriend. You were more like a practice. Anyways, I’m glad he practiced because he’s much better on keeping a relationship now. Thank you for making this happen. I really appreciate.”, she then gave me a hug and went away.

So it’s really true? I guess I had the confirmation now. This time I didn’t shed tears. I was paralyzed in the middle of the hallway. Even if I wanted to move, I couldn’t.

I grew angry and furious.

Our relationship was a game, right? It was nothing but fake.

Taemin that was passing by stopped at seeing me like that with Jihae trying to call me to reality.

 

-------- Taemin’s POV --------

*The night before*

I was watching TV when Onew appeared as breaking news. “Breaking news, SHINee’s leader seems to be dating f(x) Luna. Both were seen really close on the broadcast on the show in Singapore and even when they weren’t filming. The idols had said they were close friends in the past. The fans are now curious if they are dating or not.”, images of Onew and Luna together showed up.

“Oh, a scandal? Onew should be more careful. Oh, what will Hyunji think when she sees this? I hope she won’t be watching TV right now. She would be heartbroken.”, I thought loud to myself. Then my phone rang.

“Hello?”, I spoke, “Taemin do you know if Hyunji is at home? She’s not picking up my phone calls. I’m starting worrying about her.”, Onew said, “Oh my god. Did you watch the news?”, I asked, “No why? Did something happen?”, he panicked, “I should be the one asking that to you!”, I snapped, “What are you talking about?”, Onew didn’t have a clue of what was going on, “I saw on TV. You and Luna, hugging and laughing. Is that true? You’re dating Luna?”, I had to admit that I was curious about it too. I didn’t want to be mean, but, it could be my chance to get closer with Hyunji. Onew paused and I heard him sighing. “Well, I’m not dating her. We were just having fun and I felt lonely without Hyunji.”, he tried to excuse himself, “What? Are you serious? Did you ever thought how Hyunji would feel if she knew about it? She loves you! How could you do this to her? I’m not getting it. You’ve said so many beautiful things about her, but you don’t seem to believe them do you? I thought you were a nice and kind guy, but I guess I was wrong.”, I paused from my speech, “She’s not answering your calls because she probably saw the news about you and Luna. I really thought you cared about her.”, “I care about her!”, Onew exclaimed. “But it’s not what it seems.”, I said and hang up.

*Back to Present*

I saw Luna talking to Hyunji than going away with a smile. Jihae spoke to her right after Luna disappeared but Hyunji didn’t reacted. I thought it was strange so I went to see what was going on.

“Hyunji, is everything okay?”, I asked. She kept looking to the floor and not moving. “She doesn’t answer to me, she doesn’t move!”, Jihae was panicking.

-------- End Of Taemin’s POV -------

 

I looked at Taemin with an expressionless look in my eyes and ran away. I didn’t know to where I was going, I just wanted to find a place where I could think carefully in what was happening. In fact this wasn’t entirely unfamiliar to me.

I entered in a room and locked it. I tried to calm down when I noticed a figure in the room.