Almost caught.

Love is beautiful ... but also complicated.

 

We were finishing eating when I chuckled to myself as some memories came to my mind. Taemin noticed and asked, “Why are you smiling?”, he grabbed a strawberry and plunged it in the bowl with melted chocolate. “I just remembered the first time you had sent me a text message. In that time, I didn’t want you to fall in love with me. I was really in panic.”, I shook my head while smiling. “Now, I want to opposite. I want you to love me.”, I sweetly looked at him.

At this Taemin reached for another strawberry and stretched his arm for me to eat it. I opened my mouth and ate the strawberry. “You don’t have to worry about that.”, he came closer to me and looked me in the eyes. Slowly our lips got closer until they touched. With that touch I smiled and our lips tasted each other's falvors.

I broke the kiss with the same smile on my face. “What time is it?”, I asked. “It’s 7:50am.”, Taemin checked on his wristwatch. I widened. “Oh my god! We’re going to arrive late! Aish you…”, I got up and started running towards my room.

Taemin ran after me. He caught me in the stairs. While laughing he grabbed my waist from behind, “I’m not going to let you go.”, he playfully said. “Yah, Lee Taemin do you want me to get expelled from the agency?”, I wanted to be serious but I just couldn’t and laughed along. “Pfff, they wouldn’t throw away such talent- Ah!“, he suddenly released me as he felt my teeth on his hands. I started running away from him with a smirk on my face. He stood there with his jaw dropped surprised about what I would have done if he hadn’t taken out his hands. “This girl.”, he mumbled to himself with a smirk, “I’m going to catch you, you know.”, he calmly walked in direction to my room.

The door was locked and Taemin tried to open it but he couldn’t. “You’ll have to get out so, you have no choice.”, he said and stepped back. “Thank you guys!”, Jihae suddenly appeared with her sleepy and bare face. “There’s someone who’s trying to sleep in here, okay?”, she protested about our noisy selves. “Oh I’m sorry, we didn’t mean to wake you up.”, he apologized. Jihae rolled her eyes, turned around and walked to her room again.

Within 10 minutes, I opened the door and got out. “Let’s go. We can’t lose the bus.”, I rushed to the exit door.

We managed to catch the bus and arrive at SM on time. “Ah, good. We made it on time. See? We’re the best.”, I smiled at Taemin as we approached the SM building. He was about to kiss me, but I stopped him and pushed him away. “Taemin, we have to be careful. Not here okay? If someone from outside the company finds out, then, it’s going to be like hell.”, I stated, He sighed and nodded.

We entered in the building and with a goodbye kiss we left to our respective practice rooms.

I could already hear music coming from the practice room. I opened the door and entered inside. There was already Hyunjae, Yoorin unnies and Minyoung inside the room with teacher Lee. “Good morning!”, I bowed. “Good morning Hyunji.”, teacher Lee greeted and the girl bowed also. “Let’s just wait for Minji and Kyunghee.”, the teacher stated and we nodded.

The girls and I were chatting and the teacher was looking at some papers when Minji and Kyunghee arrived. We greeted each other and quickly started the warming up.

We practiced the choreography we had learned in our first practice together and repeated it many times. With some breaks through the practice, the morning practice came to an end. “Where are you going to lunch?”, Hyunjae asked, “I and Minyoung are going to lunch in the cafeteria. We have to save some money.”, Yoorin chuckled as she looked at Minyoung. “I was thinking of eating in here also.”, Minji spoke. “I’ll eat here too.”, Kyunghee nodded as she spoke. “And you Hyunji?”, Hyunjae asked me distracting me from my thoughts. “Hum? …Oh I have plans.”, I smiled. The girls started to “wooo” me. “Plans? Is Hyunji unnie having a date or something?”, the maknae smirked, “I guess so.”, Minji teased along. “No, I’m not having a date or something. I’m going to lunch with a friend. And … I should get going.”, I looked at my wristwatch and waved.

They waved too and got ready to leave the practice room. As I was leaving the SME building I texted Taemin, saying to come meet me in his favorite cafe/restaurant to have lunch. Not much after I received a reply.

I arrived at the cafe/restaurant, bowed at the workers and sat a discreet table. It was located in a place that people wouldn’t really notice, so it was more comfortable and relaxing. Some minutes after Taemin showed up. It took him sometime to notice where I was but when he found the table, a smile spread on his face.

I adored his smiled. It made me smile instantly. Whenever he smiled I smiled along.

He sat in front of me and asked. “You know what? I’m loving this couple life.”, he randomly stated. I chuckled, “Really? Why?”, I smirked. “Well, first, I get to be with my loved one, second, I spend wonderful times with her and third, it makes me happy.”, he honestly answered. “Awwww. I have the most cute, sweet and handsome boyfriend in the world.”, I leaned in and peeked his lips.

The waitress came and we ordered.

We chatted whilst our food wouldn’t come and would play with our hands. Finally the food came and we started eating. “Oh, today the girls almost found out that I have a boyfriend. I’m pretty sure they’re suspicious about it.”, I said, “Why?”, he asked before eating a full fork of rice. “Because they asked where I was going to lunch and I had to say that I had plans, so they started making things up to which I had to lie about.”, I explained.

Taemin drank a bit of his juice and spoke, “So, you don’t want to go public with our relationship?”, he asked. “Well, not for now. I mean, we wouldn’t have time to establish our relationship since the reporters and journalist would spy us the whole time and we wouldn’t get to have good times without the chasing of the fans. Let’s just wait, okay?”, I looked at him to see if he agreed or disagreed. “Okay. I also do think that it’s better in that way.”, he smiled and caressed my hand.

After having lunch we headed to SME again.