Thanking, apologizing and confessing

Love is beautiful ... but also complicated.

 I carefully opened the door and peeked, “Can I?”, I slowly entered in his room. At my sight a smile appeared in his face. “Hey.”, I approached him. “I’m glad you came.”, he affectionately looked at me, “There wasn’t a day I hadn’t come.”, I started to grew nervous. I didn’t know why but I felt as if it was hard to say anything. My hands were trembling, my stomach was having this weird feeling… All I wanted was him to recover as soon as possible. I didn’t like to go to hospitals, it meant that someone was sick and I didn’t like to see people sick.

“Really?”, he asked surprised, “Yeah. I came here every day after practice, and I’ll continue until you get discharged.”, I shyly spoke. He softened. He held out his hand, I took it and he squeezed it. “Thank god I didn’t give up. I would miss a wonderful girl, that’s right on my side.”, he complimented me. I blushed and gave a shy smile.

Why was I so shy? I couldn’t understand. I had already shown my feelings towards him, but it was when he was still in coma. Why was it so hard to express them when he was awake now? I had to do it, sooner or later I had to tell him.

“Taemin …”, I looked down to our hands, “Yeah?”, “I need to tell you something.”, I prepared myself. “Okay.”, he waited. “Thank god you didn’t give up. I would miss a wonderful boy that’s right in front of me, holding my hand. I would miss all these moments I have spent with you. I would not feel love again.”, I paused and then looked at him, “Thank you for being right next to me, when I needed the most. Thanks for being the amazing friend you’ve been to me all this time. When you had the accident, it was like the world had just lost the reason for me to keep leaving. How would I continue practicing without seeing you? Without feeling your presence? Without you in my life? That was when I realized my real feelings. I think it was because I was afraid to love again, that I didn’t notice my affection towards you earlier. I’m sorry for that. But now, I just want you to know, that no matter what, I’ll be right here, next to you.”, I stopped.

The words that I was afraid of the most, were about to come out of my mouth. “I … love you.”, with this he smiled, “I love you too.”. I came closer to him and grabbed his hand tighter. “I was so afraid to lose you.”, I confessed, “It’s everything all right now. I want to see a smile, please?”, he pouted, I chuckled and smiled. “Good. There are any news?”, he asked. “Yeah. I’m already confirmed to the company’s new girl group.”, I eagerly informed him. “Really? That’s great. I’m so proud of you.”, he looked at me with proud in his eyes.

I looked at my phone and turned to him, “I should go now. There so many people to see you. I should not steal their time. I’ll come tomorrow, okay?”, I got up. He made a sad face. “Okay. It was so short the time we had.”, he complained, “I know but … we’ll see each other tomorrow again.”, I leaned and kissed his forehead. “Bye. I’ll miss you.”, I waved at him. “I’ll miss you more.”, he waved too.

I left the room and went to the waiting room.

“Next.”, I spoke. BoA and TVXQ seniors got up and went to visit Taemin.

I approached Jonghyun and went to say goodbye to him. “Well, I’m going now. Bye, see you tomorrow.”, he got up, “Wait. Do you want me to take you home?”, he asked generously. “Thank you, but you don’t have to. Jihae and I can take the bus.”, I thankfully smiled at him, “Okay then. Go safely.”, he waved and sat again. I waved to him and also to the other members.

Jonghyun oppa, had been such a nice friend and senior. I really liked him. I saw him like an older brother to me. He cared so much about me. I felt really thankful towards him. Maybe he saw me like a younger sister to him, that’s why he would always be concerned about me and support me.

I smiled at the thought of having so many people caring, worrying and supporting me. I needed to be thankful for having good people around me. Life was starting to be brighter and better.

“Ah, I’m so tired. I bet if I fall on my bed, I’ll fall asleep right away. My eyes feel so heavy.”, I rubbed my sleepy eyes, “I’m sleepy too, actually. Today was a boring day to me. I was alone at home all day.”, Jihae pouted. “Tomorrow will be better.”, I cheered us both. “Have I told you about the news?”, I suddenly remembered, “No. What news?”, she frowned. “Starting form tomorrow, I’ll be training with the trainees that will debut with me.”, I told her. “Really? Oh my god. It’s finally coming true! I’m already imagining myself on crowd, cheering for my girl!”, she daydreamed. I chuckled and poked her. “Don’t be silly.”,

We reached home and went to our bedrooms after saying goodnight to each other.

I changed to my pajamas and went to bed. As I was checking time on my cellphone, I noticed I had a text. I opened it and I couldn’t help but smile. “Argh, I miss you so much already. Knowing that you’ll just come tomorrow after practice makes me miss you even more. I hope you had gone home safely. Can’t wait for tomorrow. Kiss. Goodnight and sweet dreams. <3”, I finished reading Taemin’s text and I eagerly laid down. I looked at the ceiling and smiled silly to myself.

I was deeply in love and I knew it.

I texted him back, and went to sleep. The next day would be really a hard day.