Enjoying the day with Taemin.

Love is beautiful ... but also complicated.

 

After two hours the teacher looked at his watch and spoke, “Alright, let’s have our lunch break.”, he turned off the radio. I went to wipe the sweat and get my backpack to leave.

Today I didn’t feel like going to have lunch in the cafeteria. I texted Kai, asking if he wanted to go with me and he answered saying he would have lunch with Krystal. I sighed and rolled my eyes. “Ugh, good. Kai won’t go with me for lunch, now I don’t have company. Well, I’ll have lunch alone.”, I thought loud. “I can’t believe you forgot about me.”, suddenly a male voice was heard.

I turned back to face the person and found Taemin smiling. “I thought you had something to do. My teacher said you had a busy schedule today, so I thought you wouldn’t come.”, I explained. “In the beginning it was a busy day for me, but my schedule was switched and I’ll practice with you today.”, he informed, and grinned happily. “Since you’re here, do you … want to have lunch with me?”, I asked, hesitating a bit. It was a simple question but it seemed difficult to ask it and I didn’t know why. Taemin hesitated, “Let me think. I don’t know, well I promised Key I would have lunch with him.”, he pouted.

My face fell. For some moments I thought I would have a nice lunch. I lowered my head, “Oh okay then.”, Taemin saw I how disappointed I was and a small grin appeared on his face. “Hey.”, he spoke, I lifted my head and looked at him, “I was joking.”, at hearing this, I became slightly furious, “Yah!” I yelled. Taemin began to step back with a mischievous smile. “Don’t walk away. Come right here! Lee Taemin!”, I couldn’t help but to smile too. I went after him.

We were outside the building still playing around. “I will not forgive you!”, I tried to catch  him. “You can’t catch me~”, he stuck his tongue out and stopped as if he wanted me to catch him. “Don’t doubt my skills! I’m a powerful girl! When you less expect I’ll catch you.”, I gave up on running and was walking now. “I’m shaking of fear.”, he teased, “Aish, Lee Taemin. You’ll see, what you’ll get.”, I evilly smiled.

Taemin making sure I didn’t notice him, hid behind me. Suddenly I felt two hands tickling me. I knew he liked to tickle me. “Taemin. Ah.”, I giggled. I quickly turned around and grabbed his hands. “I will find something to humiliate you. You won’t forget it.”, I warned him. He looked at our hands. I followed his gaze and released his hands. “Oh, hum. Sorry.”, I apologized feeling embarrassed for the moment, “It’s okay.”.

We walked down the street and entered in the restaurant and sat at a table. The waitress noticed us and went to greet us. “Hello. Is it for lunch?”, he kindly asked. We both nodded. “Here it’s the menus. I’ll come to get your orders after you choose. Excuse me.”, he handed us the menus and left to do his work. “What are you going to eat?” Taemin asked while looking through the menu. I searched for a nice meal. “Ah. I’ll get this one, nuggets with French fries. It sounds yummy. Long time my mom doesn’t cook this kind of food.”, I closed the menu and looked at Taemin who was still searching for his meal. “What are you going to eat?”, I asked him. “I think I’ll go with lasagna.”, he also closed his menu.

The waitress came and asked for our orders. He noted down on his mini note book and took the menus with him. “He’s kind and also good looking.”, I unconsciously spoke and looked at the waitress that was walking away. Taemin felt jealousy hit his heart. He looked at the guy and raised an eyebrow. “He’s nothing special.”, he muttered.

I heard him and chuckled. Someone was jealous. “You’re way better? It’s what you’re saying?”, I teasingly smiled, “N-no. I didn’t say that.”. he played with the fork. “But, I think the guy is handsome. Those clothes make him look like he’s hard working and manly.”, I continued complimenting the waitress. Taemin pinched his eyebrows together and eyed the male. “I’m manly too.”, he stated. I laughed. Taemin was so funny when he was jealous.

He looked at me with a puzzled look. “Why are you laughing? You don’t think I am?”, his face fell. He had been the cute and little maknae of the group. He wanted people to see that he wasn’t a little boy no more. He wanted people to see that he was a man, a grown man. “I do think you are, but you’re just funny.”, in that moment the waitress came with bread and some accompaniment and our drinks.

We waited for some minutes and then our plates came. They looked really tasty.

   

“Woaaaaa.”, I gasped at seeing our plates. The waitress bowed and left.

“Bon appetite.”, I grabbed the fork and the knife and started eating. “Is it good?”, Taemin stopped eating and anticipated my answer. I took a while since I was savoring the food. I thumbed up. “It’s so yummy. Want to try it?”, he nodded. I grabbed a nugget and passed it on the white sauce. I stretched my arm across the table and Taemin ate it. He masticated and then smiled. “It’s good. Want to try mine?”, he offered. He put a little bit on his fork and he also stretched his arm. *Indirect kiss.*, he smiled I as my mouth touched his fork.

His lasagna was also very good.

We finished our lunch and went to pay. “I’ll pay!”, I ran to the balcony. When Taemin got there, it was too late, I already had paid. “That’s not fair! The man should pay!”, he protested, I chuckled. “You paid last time. Now it was my turn.”, he softly looked at me. *She still remembers the day we spent at the mall.*

We arrived at SM and went straight to my practice room.

As we entered together, the teacher eyed me alongside with a teasing smile. I gestured him to don’t say a word and rolled my eyes. Thankfully Taemin didn’t notice anything.

We warmed up and then started practicing.

We practiced really hard. During all afternoon we did some breaks but we sure would be exhausted after practice.

It was 6:30pm. The teacher paused the song and clapped to get our attention. “Alright guys. You did really well. You can stay here until 1am, if you want to practice more. I’ll go now.”, he said. He grabbed his bag and turned to leave, but stopped and turned around, “Oh and Hyunji, don’t forget to eat. I don’t want anything to happen like before.”, he added and left.

I sat on the ground and sighed. “You’re going to stay?”, Taemin sat next to me. I nodded. “I really need to practice or else I won’t even debut.”, I started thinking how close I was to debut. It would be after Kai’s debut so, I still had many months to learn and practice but time was passing fast. In a blink of an eye I would have the debut day knocking on my door.

It amazed me how I could continue practice hard and be strong all this time. I needed to be strong. It was my dream to become a singer.

Taemin noticed my thinking figure and spoke, “Of course you’ll debut. Soo Man wouldn’t waste such talent.”, he complimented. I softened. Taemin was sweet at saying that.

I remembered when I didn’t want to talk to him. I chuckled at the thought.

“Well, I agree with teacher. So let’s eat something. I’m kinda hungry already.”, he patted his belly. We got up and went to the cafeteria.