Our "first date"

Love is beautiful ... but also complicated.

 

It was 4:30pm, Kai left me alone in the practice room to meet up with Krystal. I had already sent her a text whishing them the best. I was glad that he had a girlfriend, if he was happy I was too.

Time passed by slowly, I had been alone almost the whole day. I haven’t seen Onew too. I was a bit sad because of that. I wondered why he didn’t show up today, maybe he had some events to go.

When I finished practicing, I left the building and went in a café, to eat something since it was already time for dinner and I was hungry. I ate, and then I decided to take a walk, to enjoy some time alone, and to think about my week so far. Since my parents weren’t at home yet I didn’t have to worry about the time I would get home. They had been out for the whole week because of work. I was going in the direction of the bus stop to go home, when someone texted me. I went to check who had sent the message and I smiled while looking at the name of the ID. Onew said “Sent me a text when you get home if you aren’t already. Kiss.”.  When I finally reached home, I sent him the text. Two minutes later my phone starts ringing. I picked up, “Hello?”, “Hi, Hyunji-ahh! How are you?”, he happily asked, “I’m fine, a bit tired and lonely, but I’m fine. And you?”, I continued the conversation, “I’m tired too, today was a tiring day. Why do you feel lonely?”, “I guess it was because I didn’t see you today and because Kai couldn’t be with me this afternoon.”, I shyly said, “Oh so, you missed me?”, I could sense a smirk on his face, “I think. So Onew, why did you call me?”, I curiously asked, “Oh I- it was, hum, just to say hello. You know, I guessed that you felt lonely and I decided to call you.”, he jumbled answered, “Ahahah Okay then.”, I laughed, “Hummm You know you can call me oppa. I mean if you want to.”, “Oh, hum okay Onew oppa.”. Our conversation lasted for an hour and half. It was a fun, sweet and friendly conversation.

Saturday came and I had no plans. I didn’t have to go to SME today, the trainees just would go there if they wanted to practice or something and I didn’t feel like practicing, I was a bit tired so maybe I would just be at home the whole day.

I bet Kai had already planned something with Krystal so, I had no one. I went to the kitchen to have breakfast, after filling up the bowl with milk and cereals I sat on the couch and the TV. I was bored. I went upstairs and then to the bathroom. I looked myself in the mirror and I looked like a homeless, my hair was all messed up and I had dark circles.

 My phone rang and I went to pick up the call, It was Onew oppa. “Onew oppa?”, I was surprised by his call, “Good morning Hyunji!”, he greeted, “Good morning!”, I greeted back. “Hyunji, do you have any plans for today?”, he asked right away, “Oh, plans? No why?”, I answered still surprised, “Hum, I thought we could hang out today, since I have no events and you have no plans too. What do you think?”, he suggested. “It sounds great, Onew oppa. But what are we going to do?”, my day was starting to get better, “Hum, let’s see. Do you want to have lunch somewhere?”, “Hum hum! For me anything it’s fine.”, I accepted, “Okay so I’ll pick you up at 12 o’clock.”, he informed. “Okay, bye!”, “Bye!” I had to hurry up because it was 11:25am and I just had 35 minutes to get ready.

I managed to be ready on time, I was wearing torn and skinny jeans, an oversized and striped t-shirt, orange shoes matching with the shirt and for the final touch, a brown bag. I had just a little of makeup and my hair was simple, like usual.

*Ding Dong* I heard the bell ring, I opened the door and there was Onew, with his sweet and beautiful smile, he looked handsome with his jeans and his blue t-shirt with some words in it. “Waa, you look so pretty.” he said while looking to me, “Thank you. You look pretty too.”, I complimented too. “You’re ready to go?”, he asked, “Hum hum.” I nodded and closed the door.

A car was waiting for us in front of my house, we got in the car and started our way to the place where we were going to eat. “So where are we going to eat?”, I curiously asked, “Hum, I heard that you like pizza, right?”, “Yes, waaa we’re going to a pizzeria?”, Onew nodded while smiling.

We reached the pizzeria, we entered and then we ordered. It was a fun and good lunch. We talked, laughed and shared some stories of our past. When we finished eating, we paid and left the place.

“The pizza was really good. Thanks for the wonderful lunch.” I thanked, “You welcome, but it’s not the end yet.”, he said, “Oh, so, there’s more?”, I was surprised. He then grabbed my hand and we crossed the road to the other side. We started to walk in those sparkling, colorful and full of happiness streets.

We were happily talking and walking, when I saw a man selling cotton candy, I run over the place where the man was and I looked back to Onew that was slowly approaching with his hands on his pockets. “Onew oppa I’ll by one of these, you want too?”, I asked smiling, “Hum I guess I’ll eat too.”. “We want two please.”, I kindly ordered. “Which flavor?”, the man asked, “I want the blue one.”, I chose, “I want the orange one.”, Onew ordered. The man gave me the blue one and said “Blue for the girl, and orange for the boy.” And he handed the other cotton candy to Onew. “How much is it?”, I asked for the price. “It’s 4 dollars, but since it’s a couple and you look good together, I’ll make a discount.”, the man said while grinning. “Oh we’re not-“, I tried to explain that we weren’t a couple but the man spoke once again “So it’s going to be 2 dollars.”. We paid and we bowed to the old man.

We ate our cotton candy, sometimes I would take a bit of his and he would take a bit of mine, just to play around. We had a good, nice, fun walk. I looked to my phone to see what time it was, and I saw 5pm, we were sat at a bench with a beautiful view to the river, “Waaa it’s a great view and it has been a great day so far.”, Onew looked at me “Really? I’m glad that you liked. I hope that we can have more days like this.”, I sighed “Yeah me too.”. We hadn’t nothing to talk about at the moment so a awkward silence came, but I decided to break it, “It’s getting late. Shouldn’t we go?” then I saw him, looking with a sad face, “Already? I was having fun and a great time with you.”, my cheeks started to turn a bit pink “Me too, but I guess we should go.”, I insisted, “Okay, if you want, we’ll go.”, We left to meet up with the motorist and then to return home.

While we were in the car we talked about our day, our funny moments. I thought it was special and I already needed a day like this, since I have been always in the SME building practicing and preparing for a possible debut. I had really a good time.

Finally we reached my house, Onew got out of the car to open the door for me, “I had really a good time. Since I auditioned to SME, I have been always practicing and doing stuffs at the building, so it was good for me, spending time outside that building. Thank you.” I said standing in front of the gate with him facing me. “You don’t need to thank me. It was good for me too. The events and the things I have to do everyday are also tiring so I think I needed to have some fresh air too. And it makes me feel even better knowing that I could somehow give this special time to you.”, he spoke. Our eyes met, but I looked away and opened the gate. “So I guess I see you tomorrow.”, I said while slowly making our distance become bigger. “Yeah, tomorrow. Bye.”, he waved “Bye!” and I waved back. I closed the door and leaned against it as a smile formed on my face.