Divas

Love is beautiful ... but also complicated.

 

Of course the routine came again. Practice, practice and practice… we had singing classes, dancing classes, and even Japanese and Chinese classes. We practiced really hard.

After Taemin’s successful birthday party in his favorite café, the routine came again and we were approaching the end of the year. It was cold. Winter was beautiful, but it had too much cold for me.

It was December. It was the penultimate week of December, a week before the Christmas week. I and the girls were practicing in the practice room and a manager came inside informing us that the CEO wanted to meet us. I wondered what it was. We were supposed to debut this year, but it was already December and we didn’t even know our positions in the group yet. We followed him and went to the CEO’s office. I expected the worst.

He let us in and we sat.

“Hello. How are you?”, the CEO asked, we nodded in signal that we were fine and the man proceeded. “So, I wanted to talk to you guys because we have good and bad news.”, he stated, “The bad news is that you won’t be debuting this year. We are thinking that the date will be in the first three months of 2013. The good news, is that we already had given the positions, stage names and we already have thought about the concept.”, the man waited for our reaction but we stood still so the CEO could give all the information he had to us.

“Starting with the leader we have Hyunjae. You’re the oldest so we think you have the maturity required to be a good leader, you’ll also be the lead vocalist. Minji, you’ll be the main rapper and the visual of the group. Yoorin you’ll be the lead dancer and vocalist. Minyoung, will be the main vocalist, Kyunghee will be the lead rapper and the maknae. Last but not least, Hyunji. Well, for you we still have to experience something. We want to see if we can make you as a triple threat. You’ll be the main dancer of course, but we also have heard you sing, it lasts to know if you can rap. Until your debut you’ll have plenty time to practice. Are you satisfied with your positions?”, he asked.

We actually were pretty happy with it. Everyone had the position for the best thing they could do. So we nodded and smiled.

“The next thing to talk about is the stage names. The ones that will keep their real names are Minyoung, Minji and Hyunjae. The others will have stage names, for Yoorin we thought of Sara. What do you think?”, the CEO looked at Yoorin. “Well, we always end up getting used to the name so …”, she simply said. I guess the CEO took that as a yes. He continued, “Hyunji, for you we thought of Juni, it has all the letters in your name. Do you agree on that?”, the man asked, I nodded. The stage name wasn’t bad after all. “And Kyunghee, for you we thought of Q, which stands for Kyu in your name, since the sound is the same. Because you’re a rapper, it’s also a cool name. What do you think?”, Kyunghee smiled brightly and nodded. It seemed that she liked the idea very much.

“The group name will be ….”, he made paused. We were anticipating it. We didn’t want to have an awful name, so we wondered which name they had given us. “… Divas or S. Divas, we still hadn’t decided if it stays only Divas or we will add another meaning to it. S goes for SM Entertainment, and Divas goes to your concept. Who doesn’t agree with it?”, the CEO asked, no one said anything. So it meant that all the girls liked the name.

He had been kind for asking if we liked the names or not. If it was another CEO maybe it would give us the name without asking for our opinion.

“Speaking about the concept, you’ll have a y yet tomboy image. You’ll have a y charm, but you won’t dress all girly. You know what I mean? Today, there are some girl groups like that, but there are also groups that are y yet they dress up colorfully. We’re going with dark colors. So it gives a powerful and mesmerizing image yet charming.”, the man finished and waited for some words from us. I spoke first. “I like it.”, the girls agreed with nods.

“Okay then, I don’t think I have anything more to tell you. So, let’s work hard for both goals, mine of creating a new girl group and yours to be in it. Fighting!”, he cheered for us. We got up and bowed. We smiled at him and left his office.

We were quiet. Well, we were happy because we finally had the confirmation that we were going to debut and all the extra info, but sadly it wouldn’t be this year. But we still cheered loudly in the practicing room before starting practicing again.

It was already time to go home when Hyunjae had the brilliant idea to go celebrate. We all agreed and went to celebrate it in a karaoke house. We laughed really hard. I cried from laughing so much. It ended to be a funny moment.

We stayed there until the house closed and then went to our houses to rest since we would have practice the next day.