Karaoke

Love is beautiful ... but also complicated.

 

I turned to Jihae and asked, ”Did you plan something with Sehun for today?”, I just hoped she wouldn’t have, because I would be left alone again. Ugh, how I hated to be the only one to not have a boyfriend or something. Kai had Krystal, Jihae had Sehun and then there was me with no one.

“Hum ... Yeah I did, sorry for not telling you earlier.”, she pouted. “Oh it’s okay. I’m already used. Now that you’ve got a boyfriend you won’t go out with me ever again.”, I pretended to be sad. She came to me and hugged me. “NO! Why you’re thinking in that way? I promise I won’t leave you … except today.”, she grinned. I chuckled and rolled my eyes, “Really?”, I asked not really surprised.

She looked at her watch and widened. “OMO, I can’t be late. Sorry Hyunji, is just today. Bye, have fun!”, she bid her goodbye and left.

I sighed and went to my room. *Who will I call to spend my day with?*, I thought as I was going through my contact list. Since it was Saturday, as usual, trainees wouldn’t have to go to SME.

I was searching for someone when a name popped out on the list. “Ah, got ya … you’re my target today.”, I said as I clicked o the ‘call’ button. I put the phone on my ear and waited for the person to pick up. “Hello?”, the male voice spoke on the other side, “Hello, Byunghun. How are you today?”, I spoke happily, “I’m fine and you?”, he asked back, “I’m fine too. Do you have anything planned for today?”, I went straight to the matter, *Say no, Say no, please.*, I wished, “No, I don’t have. Why? You want to spend the day with me, don’t you?”, he guessed it, I sensed a smirk on his face. I gasped, “Oh, how did you know?”, he then hurt spoke, “You just call me when you’re bored.”, I felt sorry for him. Was I being a bad friend? “Oh, no, I was … no … ugh, I’m sorry. I promise I will call you more often, okay?”, “Okay, okay. So what do you want to do?”, he asked, “Well, I don’t know.”, I touched my chin, while thinking. “Just come over and then we’ll decide on what to do. Is that fine?”, he suggested, “Yeah. Okay then. See ya in some minutes.”, my mood was happy now. I wouldn’t have to spend my day alone, in the sofa, watching TV, like people with no life do. “Bye.”, we said goodbye and hang up the call.

I went to change my clothes and put on something nicer to wear. After changing I went to the bus stop and waited for the next bus to come.

After about five minutes, the bus came. I entered and went to Byunghun’s neighborhood.

I was trying to remember his building as I was walking down the street. Finally a familiar building caught my attention. It wasn’t too old, but it wasn’t also that new. Since I wasn’t sure if it was the one where he lived, I decided texted him asking. He answered with a ‘yes’ and he also told me the floor and everything.

I approached the entrance and clicked on the button that said ‘3rd B’. Seconds later the door made a sound signaling that it opened. I entered and went straight to the elevator. After arriving to the 3rd floor, I looked in any direction, to find the letter B above the doors of each flat. I found the letter and rang the bell.

I heard some movement inside the flat before Byunghun came to open the door with his to-die-for smile. “Hey.”, he gestured me to go inside. “Hey.”, “Well, this is where I’m living at the moment.”, he stretched his arms, introducing his house. “Do you want me to show it to you?”, he approached me. I nodded and then he served as a tour guide for the next couple of minutes.

“It’s cool. I think it’s nice to live in here, isn’t it?”, I asked as I was sitting down on the sofa. “Yeah, it is. So, going to the main matter, have you thought about the activities will be doing today?”, he went to the kitchen. “Hum, no, I thought the man would know how to surprise a girl, so I didn’t think about it.”, I joked. I was looking around when I spotted a picture that caught my attention. I hot up from the sofa and went to see from closer, the picture.

I grabbed the frame and looked at the image on it. In that moment, Byunghun came from the kitchen, and at the sight of me, grabbing that frame, he stopped. I looked at him and he lowered his head. “My … ex-girlfriend.”, he simply informed me that the person on it was his ex-girlfriend. The picture was him with her, with their faces close to each other, doing cute faces with V signs. He glanced at it and sighed, “Good times. I wish they would come back.”, he then handed me a drink. I put the frame on its place again and took the drink.

“You still love her, hum?”, I softened. He slowly nodded, with a hurt in his eyes. I tried to comfort him with a hug. “So, let’s do something funny today!”, I smiled brightly so that my smile could cheer him up. He gave a small smile and grabbed his jacket.

I slipped my arm on his and we left the house.

In the way out, I had an idea. “Oh, I already know where we’re going!”, I looked at him, like someone who was about to some trouble. “Where?”, he asked curious. “Not telling!”, I quickly took some steps forward so that if he went to catch me, I would be slightly advanced. “Yah! Come here, right now, or else, I’ll have to use my secret power!”, he threatened.

As I didn’t obey him, he went to catch me. We started running around. Eventually he ended up catching me and used his secret weapon on me which was tickling. “So, are you going to tell me or not?”, he kept on tickling me, “If you keep, doing this to me, I won’t.”, at hearing this, he stopped.

After calming down, I pretend that nothing had happened and continued walking. Byunghun stood there with a puzzled look on his face, without knowing what to do. “H-Hyunji, where are you going? Wait. You’re not telling, are you?”, he finally realized that he had no choice but to remain in the mystery of not knowing to where we would go.

Finally, I saw, the building I wanted to see.

“Here we are.”, I stopped in the front of the door. Byunghun looked at the plaque that there was above our heads that said, ‘Welcome to Minchan Karaoke’. He slightly smiled and shook his head. “What?”, I asked, “We’re going to have fun, even if I have to make you sing.”, I grabbed his arm and took him inside.

We went to a room and I fast put a song playing. I decided to be the first one singing.

The music started playing and I sang. I tried to sing the best I could. Byunghun, sat there, watching with an amusing grin on his face.

The song finished and I waited for the result. “Woaaa, 78. Get this baby!”, I threw my hand in the air celebrating the result and Byunghun chuckled. He didn’t really enjoy singing, he was more like of rap style, that was the main reason to why I had brought him there. “Oh, where are you going? It’s time for you to see that beauty of being funny.”, I tried to sound dramatic which added more fun. He sat down again and I picked a funny music to sing.

As it started playing, I instantly started doing crazy faces, and doing funny dances. He laughed so hard that he almost cried. I was glad to finally seeing him happy.

“Oh god, doing crazy dances is tiring.”, I sighed and sat next to him. “I think I never laughed so hard in my life.”, he was now wiping some water that covered his eyes from so much laughing. “Yah. Are you making fun of me? Go you! Then I want to laugh because of you. I can’t be the only one doing those figures.”, I gestured him to accept the microphone and go to the front. Finally he chose a song which was his style.

He was actually pretty good at rapping. Once I even suggested him to audition to go to a company, maybe he could have success. 

He finished singing with style, like always and waited for the result. “Get this baby! 85!”, he teased me, “Oh, oh, how can this be possible! The machine is broken, I need to warn the owner.”, I joked, he then laughed and choose another song. This time was a slow one.

His voice didn’t match that well with slow songs. It was a bit weird to hear him singing like that, so I just pretended I was enjoying the melody. 

“Now, let’s sing together.”, he suggested. I got up and grabbed the other microphone. A sing started playing and we, without fear and hesitation, we began to sing. He sang the rap part and I sang the rest.

We felt like we were in those singing contests, where the contestants would be anxious to death, in fear they would lose, holding hands all together, praying for the best to win. When the result showed up on the screen we automatically jumped up and down in celebration. “We’re the best. No one gets 100 on this right?”, we high-fived.

He laughed and then spoke, “Oh, as I was watching you singing, I remembered something. Now it’s my time to surprise you. Let’s go.”, he not giving the chance to even protest about it, grabbed my hand and lead me to the exit of the karaoke house. 

“You’re not telling me, are you?”, I asked already predicting the answer. He teasingly smiled and shook his head in denial.

 


Hello! :)

I finally got to update properly. Sorry for making you wait for so much time, but i hope you understand that school is first, in this case. Well, i think this chapter, was one of the bigger ones I have written for this fanfic. :)

Enjoy, read and coment! Help for the none existence of silent readers. :) *it looked like those advertisements on the TV* XD