Happy birthday!

Love is beautiful ... but also complicated.

 

I opened the door and went outside. Taemin was already there waiting for me. At my sigh his jaw dropped. He was looking me up and down. Was I with too much skin showing? I wondered as I was walking in the van’s direction.

“OMO …”, he swallowed, “You … are amazing.”, he praised my appearance, “Really? I was afraid that I had too much skin showing.”, I shyly commented, “No, you’re perfectly fine like that. You sure will blow some minds there.”, he joked, *As you blew mine.* he thought.

He helped me getting inside the van and told the driver to leave.

He glanced at my legs, *She has pretty legs. Why doesn’t she show them more often? Ah Taemin, what are you thinking? You ert! Stop it.*, he shook his head. Without noticing his glances I continued looking out the window.

We arrived at the SM. He then again, holding my hand helped me getting out of the van. “Thank you.”, I smiled.

We entered and as we were walking people were staring at us. The people were well dressed with luxurious accessories and chic dresses and suits. I tried not to be nervous with those glares all over and continued walking in order to find Krystal. Taemin was right behind me.

We were reaching the place where it was supposed to be the party place when Onew showed up. Why it had to be always in these situations? First in the mall, now here? And if it wasn’t enough it was always when I was with Taemin. We looked at each other, but I was the first to break the eye contact. I left and entered in the presentations room. Taemin glanced at Onew before following me inside.

I saw an agglomerate of people in the counter. I followed my instinct that told me that it was there where Krystal was. I couldn’t see with too much heads in front of me. There was no way I could find out if it was really there, that Krystal was.

Taemin came behind me. He grabbed my head and pierced the crowd. “Excuse me. Please. Excuse me.”, in a second we were in the front line of the crowd. I softened at his action.

“Oh, Taemin, Hyunji!”, Krystal finally noticed us. We smiled at her. She walked towards us and we gave her our presents and congratulations. “Happy birthday, Soojung!”, I smiled and handed her the present. “Oh you got me a present? You didn’t have to. Thank you so much.”, she hugged me. She opened it and her expression got surprised and happy. “Oh my god! It’s awesome! Thank you again. I’m sure I’m going to use it.”. Then Taemin handed his gift, “Happy birthday.”, he congratulated her, “Oin Taemin. ….”, she paused while she was opening the bag. “Woaaaaa. Thank you. It smells so nice. I bet you got help on this didn’t you?”, she teased, “Well, yeah.”, he bit his lip. We laughed. “There is food and drinks over there if you want and later there will be a dance part. Just between us, the party won’t end early. I have a surprise for the closest friends.”, she winked and left.

I and Taemin glanced at each other. What did she mean with the surprise for the closest friends? I wondered.

“Let’s walk around to see who’s here.”, Taemin said, “Hahah, you’re interested in knowing who came to the party?”, I laughed, “Not really but it’s less boring than sitting in a place and watch what people are doing.”, in that he was right.

We went to the table with the food and put in the plate what we wanted to eat. There were tables with chairs in the room, so we choose one and sat. After eating, we walked around and spoke with some SM artists.

We saw most of all the close friends to Krystal on the party, however we didn’t see Kai. Did they fight and he didn’t want to come to the party? No, if they had Kai would have told me.

“Hello!”, Eunhyuk sunbae-nim greeted us, “Hello.”, I bowed. I tried not to bow to low so the dress wouldn’t lift at the back. “Oh, you look like a real couple. Hahah joking. You all make me look old. Aish.”, he shook his head. I showed a awkward smile when he said ‘You look a real couple.’. My heart had shown some feeling towards Taemin, but I was afraid. I was afraid to love again. I didn’t want to get heartbroken again. One time was enough for me. Why must love be COMLICATED? It only makes my heart confused. “Well, it’s not that you’re that young, hyung.”, Taemin teased making me coming to the reality, “What? You brat.”, he laughed and patted Taemin’s shoulder and left.

We were walking outside the room to where there weren’t much people.

“Eunhyuk oppa is really funny.”, I chuckled, “Yeah.”. “Taeminie!”, someone called Taemin. We both looked in front to meet Key, Jonghyun and Minho. “Woaa Hyunji. Who was the designer that made such a dress for you? You look stunning.”, he complimented me, “Thank you.”, I shyly thanked. Whenever someone praised my appearance I would get shy. “By any chance you don’t want to change of pair? I’m free.”, he stretched his arms, “Hahaha. Sorry, you came late.”, I , “Ah, it’s in this way you reject me? Okay fine. Let’s go Key. We have better people to talk with.”, he pretended to be hurt. I laughed at his silliness. “You look good, Minho. It suits you.”, I nodded, “Thanks. Well I should look for some drinks, I’m a bit thirsty.” With that he left also, leaving me and Taemin alone again.

“What do you think it’s Krystal surprise?”, he asked me, “Hum, I don’t know. I bet her sister is the only one who knows it.”, answered him.

In that instant Kai appeared. “Oh, here you are! I thought that something had happened between you and Krystal.”, I said, “No, I had just a minor problem. Where is she?”, “She’s inside.”, Taemin pointed at the door. “Okay, I’m going to give her my present.”, he said and left.

I noticed that he hadn’t any bag or something. “Oh what will he give to her, he didn’t have any bag?”, I wondered aloud. Then a thought came to my mind. “Oh my god. I can’t believe it!”, I quickly grabbed Taemin’s hand and ‘ran’ to inside the room. We stopped when we were in the front line so we could see what was going on better.

Kai was taking a small box from his pocket and then he took the object that was inside of it. At the seeing his move I took my phone out of my purse and approached a little bit. I put on the camera app and went to find the right angle to take the pictures.

“Happy birthday.”, he grabbed Krystal’s hand and put a ring on her finger. She still didn’t believe in what was happening. She softened at her boyfriend’s present. “Thank you.”, she kissed him and hugged him. At seeing the moment, the crowd applauded them. Getting surprised they released from the hug and looked around.

I had to admit that I was a bit envious of that moment. It was so romantic.

I smiled at the pictures I took of Kai and Krystal and sighed, “They look so good together. I wish someday I will have a boyfriend that’s sweet and doesn’t break my heart.”, I intentionally said it, mentioning Onew in the statement. Not really mentioning, because I didn’t say his name but people who knew what had happened between Onew and me, would know what I was talking about.

*If I only could be that boyfriend to you.*, Taemin that was next to me and heard me saying that, thought sadly.