Bitter Surprise

Love is beautiful ... but also complicated.

 

I was a trainee in SM Entertainment, I was a very close friend of Kai (EXO member), and I had a crush on Onew (SHINee member). I was jealous of Onew and Luna (F(x) member) friendship. Kai knew about my crush on Onew, but I told him to keep it in secret.

We seemed a couple sometimes, always playing around and always happy with each other, we were best friends, we practiced together and made new choreographies. I did things with him that I wouldn't do with other boys like, hug him, kiss him on the cheek, eat with him etc. with him I wasn't the usual shy girl.

One day we were practicing, in the practice room at SME building and Kai asked me “Are you hungry?”, “Hum, a little bit.” I answered “So let's do a break and eat.” I nodded and we left the room and entered in a cafe. “What do you want to eat?” Kai asked while looking at the food in the shelf. “Hum, I don't know. And you?” I scratched my neck. “Hum I want an ice cream.” He had already decided. “Greedy. Of which flavor?” I . “Surprise, I won't tell you heheh.” He teased me back. I knew that when he said he wouldn’t tell he really wouldn’t. “Aish Jinja. But I want to taste it, okay?”, “Hehe okay.” He Nodded.

I ended up asking for an ice cream too, after both of us got the ice creams we choose a table and sat down eating them. “Now let me taste your ice cream.” Kai grabbed the spoon and gave me a little of his ice cream, smiling he asked “Can you tell me the flavor?” I was still tasting “It's ... it's ... banana and strawberry!” I said happily, he laughed at my expression. “Yes it is. Now let me taste yours!” I gave him a little of mine. “It's vanilla and chocolate!” “Yes, it is silly.”

Then 2 unexpected people entered and came towards us. They were Onew and Luna. My mood dropped right away. “Hey, nice to see you.” Onew greeted. Kai and Onew shacked hands, and I just smiled. It wasn't the best moment for me, since I had a crush on Onew and he was with Luna at the moment.

Onew looked at me expecting a *Hello.* or something, but I looked to my ice-cream trying to finish it. Kai looked at me as if he understood my feelings right now. Then they asked if they could join us, Kai looked at me again, I nodded and he said yes. They sat down too and started talking, in the 5 minutes that passed I never spoke. I looked at the time and it was a little late. Luna then asked me. “Are you mad or something? You look sad.” I looked at her and said in a harsh tone “I am a little bit.”, “Why? Did something happen?”, my mood was angry now. “NO. There are just some things I can't stand.” I got up and asked Kai to leave. Kai looked at me, like I was being a little rude by leaving the place like that, well, maybe I was but I couldn’t be in the same place as Luna and moreover with Onew. Kai stood up. “Well we should go, it’s getting late. Sorry.” Luna, with her hysteric smile, said. “Hahah it’s okay.” She said that as if she wanted us to leave, to be alone with Onew.

It was the last drop, I got out of the café and waited outside for Kai. Worried he came and asked. “Why did you do that? I know that she isn’t exactly your friend, but you didn’t have to do that.”. I sighed, “Sorry okay. I just couldn’t take it anymore, you know how hard it is for me to handle this!” There were almost tears in my eyes. Kai hugged me tightly and in that moment I felt safe and warmed. “Yeah I know how hard it is, but you have to control your emotions to not have problems. Okay?” Kai looked at my eyes. “Okay, I’ll try. You look like my dad.” I gave him a little smile and we went to the practice room, to pick up our bags and then to return home.

We were at the bus stop, talking while the bus wasn’t coming, it was 6:45pm, a bus came, we entered and sat in the bottom of the bus, as the time passed by I was becoming more and more sleepy so I just laid my head on Kai shoulder and I felt asleep.

My house was in the same street as Kai house, we were neighbors, sometimes we ate at each other houses and we spent a lot of time together.

We were almost at the bus stop that was the nearest of our houses. Kai woke me up, and we started preparing to get out of the bus. It was 7:10pm, since we ate at the cafe I wasn’t that hungry, but Kai could eat all day so, he was hungry at the time. “Are you hungry?” I asked knowing his answer already. “Eh, a little bit, why?”, “Well, you told me that your parents weren’t at home so, I thought you could come to my house.” I suggested. Kai smiled. “Okay, good now I can be with you, without your parents being with us, since they aren’t at home too.” I laughing while I hit in his arm “Don’t be silly!”

We ate dinner and we watched a movie, it was one of my favorites, so I watched it till the end but Kai was sleepy and he felt asleep with his head on my legs. Now the real problem came, the movie has ended, Kai was sleeping and I couldn’t move. How could I get out of there? I looked for a pillow, I grabbed the one in the ground slowly and I put the pillow under Kai’s head, thus taking my legs.

He slept in the couch while I slept at my bed.

 

 


[A/N: This is the map of Hyunji's house and SME. Just for you to get to know more or less where she lived :)]

mapa 1