Sneak out.

Love is beautiful ... but also complicated.

 

March was all about recording, practicing the choreography and getting our final concept choice. The company went with a powerful yet charming concept. We had fun while recording. It was something that we hadn’t done before, so we were happy to experience new things.

It was May 10th, 2013. We woke up and went to our first photo-shoot location. This was all new to us, so we were excited on going to the photo-shoot. We arrived there with our manager oppa and a petite lady demanded us to go to the dressing room so we could have our hair and makeup done.

As I was getting my makeup done, I was thinking about on what had happened to me in the last few years. I was finally going to accomplish my dream. I thought about all the hard work I did, all the efforts, all the sad moments I had to go through … and seeing me sat, right there in in front of a mirror, preparing to have a photo-shoot session, made me release a sigh. I wasn’t sad. I was just relieved that I actually had made it until here. I just wanted that our group had success and had many fans. “It’s your turn.”, the petite lady said to me, distracting me from my thoughts. I got up and went to get dressed.

First, each one of us took individual photos and at the end, it was the group photos. When the other members were taking the pictures I was behind the monitor that was showing the pictures the photographer was taking.

Then it was time to get undressed from the clothes of the photo-shoot and leave. After three hours we were done.

“How about going to have lunch?”, manager oppa said with his eyes fixed on the road. Hyunjae, was sitting next to the driver’s sit, I and Minji were in the next row and Kyunghee, Yoorin and Minyoung were in the last row. We all agreed on manager’s idea and went to have lunch in a restaurant.

We were eating when Kyunghee took her camera out from her bag and started filming.

Kyunghee, carried her camera to everywhere she would go and would film us in the car, in the practice room and every time. She even filmed us in the photo-shoot. At the end we would have lots of memories so we were all thankful for Kyunghee.

In that day, after lunch we went to practice.

We were in the middle of our choreography when the CEO came in. He bowed and we bowed back. “So how are you girls doing?”, he asked, “Fine.”, Yoorin answered, “Good.”, Kyunghee smiled.  “Good, so we already have the debut date for you.”, he paused, “It’s on the 21st of this month. You’re going to film the music video on the next Tuesday and it’s going to be out on the 20th. Well, the news are given, have a nice day girls.”, he smiled and left the practice room.

“Woaaaaa, we’re going to film the music video, how exciting! Oh my god!”, Yoorin clapped with excitement.

We got back to the choreography and just finished practicing at 6:30pm.

I couldn’t be with Taemin lately. I was having the preparations to debut so it was complicated to be with him. I and the girls were resting in the dorm when Taemin called me. “Hyunji your phone is ringing! Your love is calling!”, Minji, teasingly said from the room. I ran to pick the call. “Hello?”, I put the phone in my ear, “Hello. How’s my sweet girlfriend?”, Taemin asked, “Your sweet girlfriend is happy to hear her boyfriend’s voice.”, I smiled while saying that, “Tchhh, aish how lame!”, Yoorin protested. I threw my tong out at her and left the room so I could have a relaxed conversation with Taemin. I went to Hyunjae and Kyunghee’s room since they were at the kitchen and living room respectively.

“So, what are you doing now?”, I asked him, “Hey, I was going to ask you that.”, he protested and I chuckled, “I’m at the dorm and you?”, he replied, “Same. I think Hyunjae is doing a dessert it smells nice.”, I said, “Oh, How about you and I … sneak out right now and meet up at my favorite café? It’s a good idea.”, he remembered, “Oh, Taemin, I don’t think I can do it. I don’t know if I’m allowed to get out at this time.”, I said a bit sad, since I really missed being with him, “Oh, no one is going to notice, is just for a couple of minutes. I miss you.”, he sighed, I sighed too. “Okay, okay. I’ll try. See you there then.”, “Yes! Bye, see you there.”, we finished the call and I left the room.

I entered in the other bedroom and went to dress up. “Where are you going at this time?”, Yoorin asked as she saw me opening the closet and taking some clothes out. “I’m going to meet up with Taemin.”, I said, “Now? Isn’t it too late? What if manager oppa asks about you? You’re going to get in trouble.”, Minji pointed, “You’ll say that I lost a bet with you and had to go to the market to get something. Please, just don’t tell him I went to see Taemin. Please!”, I begged. “Aish, okay. We won’t tell. Only if you buy us something to eat.”, Yoorin said, “Okay, okay. I’ll buy something.”, I said and grabbed my bag to leave.

I left the dorm and was now on my way to the café to meet with Taemin. It was night already. I was almost there, when suddenly two boys ran past me and one of them bumped into me. At the violent touch I fell in the ground. The boy simply continued running without even looking back or apologizing.

I felt a slight pain in my knee. I got up and checked if I had ripped anything. I looked at my knee and I saw skin showing. My pants weren’t ripped when I left home, so it ripped when I fell. I saw that my knee was bleeding. I sighed. What would I do? I didn’t know if I should tell Taemin about it and then go to the dorm so I could disinfect the wound or if I would go to the café with my knee like that. I decided to go to the café. I didn’t risk leaving the dorm for nothing.

I slowly walked to the café. It didn’t take long since I was barely there, but the pain was getting worse. I opened the door and entered. I looked for Taemin and at our usual spot, there he was. He smiled and waved.

I walked limping towards the table and sat. As soon as Taemin saw me limping and my knee bleeding, he winded. “What happened? Why is your knee bleeding? Did you fell? Did someone tried to hurt you?”, Taemin nervously questioned, “No Taemin. No one tried to hurt me. Some boys were running and one of them bumped into me which made me falling and I ended up hurting my knee.”, I quietly explained, “Are you okay? Did you hurt in another place?”, he worriedly looked at me trying to find any hints that could tell him I was hurt in another part of my body besides my knee. “Don’t worry okay? It was just my knee.”, he let out a sigh in relief.

We ordered something to eat. We chatted, we laughed, we told some funny events of our last few days and kept updated about each other’s life. We finished eating and I went to buy something for the girls. Not only have I promised them that I would take something eatable for them that also I had a proof of my trip to the supermarket. Taemin wanted to walk me to the dorm. I refused to but he insisted and I ended up letting him accompanying me to the dorm.

Again the pain started to get worse. I stopped and rested a bit. “Can we wait a little bit?”, I asked Taemin, “Is it hurting?”, he asked back and I nodded. “Come.”, Taemin said as he turned his back to me and kneeled down so I could climb to his back. I softened, “Taemin you don’t need t-“, “I’m the older one in here, so if I see you’re not okay and that you need my help, you’ll accept it alright?”, he cut me off. Then I put my arms around his neck and my belly touched his back. He grabbed my legs and got up.

We were silent.

I was comfortable walking with him like that and I liked it. “Taemin?”, I broke the silence, “Yes?”, “It’s our first time walking like this.”, I pointed out with a small smile of content in my face, “Yeah. It seems like it’s a drama, with the lights in the streets, with this romantic feeling around.”, he looked at the street lamps and smiled. “I’m so happy with you.”, I hugged him tightly. I could feel his cheeks burning. I chuckled and rested my chin in my arm.

We finally arrived and Taemin was almost dying of exhaustion. I laughed at him and , “Week. I said that I didn’t need you to take me like that.”, he didn’t answer and just tried to catch up with his breathing. I came closer to him and spoke, “But I know my boyfriend wanted to show how strong he is, right?”, I smiled and he nodded. “I thought you already knew that I was strong and I didn’t need to show it to you.”, he joked, “Of course I know. You’re the strongest person I know and I’m glad that I have the honor to be your girlfriend.”, I joked too. He smiled and pecked my lips.

“I’ve to go in now.”, I pouted and he copied me, “No~”, he didn’t want to let go off my hand. “Yes~ Bye Taemin.”, I kissed him and when I was about to pull apart he grabbed me closer and deepened the kiss. “Taemin - I really - need to – go.”, I said between the kiss. I was able to finally pull apart and walked to the entrance of the building.

I waved and threw a kiss to him. He pretended to had caught it and kept it in his chest. I smiled and opened the door.

I went to the elevator and went to the dorm’s floor.