Best birthday party ever!

Love is beautiful ... but also complicated.

 

It was 8:30pm. My tummy groaned with hunger. I yawned and got up. I went downstairs to eat something I didn’t had much hunger so I ate a little bit of some food that was in the fridge. After eating I went back to my room.

I arrived at my room and looked at my phone. It was flickering, signaling that I had a text or a missed call. I went to see it and found two missed calls from Taemin and one from Jihae. Gosh, during the whole day they didn’t speak to me, now they all want to phone me. Right then my phone vibrated and I looked at the ID. Taemin was phoning me.

I picked up the call, “Hey.”, I spoke with a somewhat sad voice, “Hey, what’s wrong? Why do I feel that my baby is sad?”, he asked concerned, “I’m not sad.”, I simply answered, “You can’t lie to me. Tell me, what’s wrong? Is it because we almost didn’t speak today?”, he tried to know the reason. I wouldn’t just say that it was because everyone except my parents forgot my birthday. “Yeah. I felt a little lonely today.”, I sighed. “I’m sorry. But I have the right solution to cheer you up.”, he said, “What is it?”, “There’s going to be a party in SME and everyone is invited, which means you were invited too. Let’s go together.”, I could Taemin smiling in the other side. “I don’t feel like going out today.”, I rejected, “Really? Are you going to ditch your boyfriend to your lonely house? Come on, it will be fun, and besides you’ll be with me. It’s to compensate the time we didn’t get to be with each other today.”, he convinced me. “Okay, okay, I’ll go.”. I gave in. “Okay then. I’ll ask Mr. Yoon to pick you up since I can’t right now. He will be there at 9:30pm.”, “Okay. Bye.”, I finished the conversation.

I sighed and went to see my dresses.

I searched and searched and then found the perfect one.

I had never used it, but then, since it was summer, I thought it was the right one for the occasion. I put it above my bed and then with the heels I thought that were the best ones to go with the dress. I went to take a shower and quickly get my makeup and hair done.

I put the dress on and the heels too. I looked myself in the mirror and praised my figure, “Waaa, it really suits you Park Hyunji. You made the right choice.”. I had been talking alone lately, maybe it was because I felt lonely. I just went to put some jewelry and grabbed my clutch. After one last look in the mirror I went downstairs.

    [Hyunji's outfit;]

My hair was simple, was wavy styled and since it was long and brown, I think it suited me well too. For jewelry, I just went with feathers related items, except the ring. Then I heard someone knocking on my door. I went to open it and it was Mr. Yoon (SHINee’s driver). “Hello Miss Hyunji, are you ready?”, he asked, I nodded and went to the car. The old looking man, dressed in a black suit opened the door for me, I entered and he went to the drivers sit.

“You’re very pretty today Miss Hyunji. It’s a special occasion?”, the man asked still looking at the road, “Oh thank you Mr. Yoon. I can say it is.”, I smiled. “I guess all the guys will go mind blowing with you today.”, the man complimented once more, “Aww. Thank you.”, I just couldn’t think of anything else to say.

We arrived at SME and the man politely as always, opened the door for me. “Thank you Mr. Yoon.”, I had thanked him many times today though. “You welcome Miss Hyunji. Have a nice party.”, he waved. I smiled and turned back. I entered in SME and no movement was seen in the entrance. Maybe everyone was in the party place. I spotted a guy in a black suit also coming in my direction. “Miss, come with me please. I’ll take you to the party place.”, the good looking guy gestured politely for me to follow him.

I followed him. I could see that we were going to the auditorium. The auditorium was a big and broad space where people would sometimes present any projects. He opened the door and I went inside.

Everything was dark. I couldn’t even see my hand in front of me. No light was seen inside. I started to panic. Did the man lock me inside? ‘What’s going on?’, I asked myself.

In that moment the lights were and people shouted, “Happy birthday Hyunji!”. There was everyone, managers, choreographers, Super Junior, SHINee, Girls Generation, f(x) and EXO sunbaes. I was shocked by the whole situation. I had predicted that they were doing a surprise party for me earlier but I didn’t expect it to be this bigger. I stood there looking at them. Since they didn’t see any smile from me, their faces turned sad, serious and also curious if I had liked the surprise or not.

My eyes started to get wet. I released a small smile and a tear fell down on my cheek. They softened. They didn’t move. They were too worried or confused by my reaction that they didn’t know what to do.

I wiped the tears away and spoke, “I just can’t believe it. I really can’t. How can you make me cry like this? My makeup is going to be ruined because of you! I think …”, I paused. They all kept serious listening to what I was saying. Some thought that I had hated the surprise. “… I think I had never cried of so much happiness. You’re the best. Seriously.”, at this Taemin started clapping and the other started clapping along. I smiled shyly. They knew now that I had liked the surprise.

Taemin walked towards me, hugged me and whispered, “Happy birthday Hyunji.”, he softly looked me in the eyes before speaking to everyone. “Let the party begin!”. Everyone was dressed classic, with dresses and for the men, black suits.

The room was carefully decorated, there were some tables with food and drinks. There was also a DJ playing music. I felt special. Having all those people in that place in order to celebrate my birthday was an amazing feeling.

Taemin turned to me and spoke, “You thought I had forgotten your birthday, that’s why you were sad earlier, isn’t it?”, I grew ashamed. I knew that I shouldn’t have doubted that Taemin would never forget my birthday. “Yeah.”. He then kissed me. “I would never forget about it. How could I?”. Then Kai and Krystal showed up, “Ahem, excuse me. I’m sorry to interrupt, but we wanted to talk with the birthday girl if it was possible.”, Kai courteously spoke, we laughed, “Okay, I’ll leave you alone then.”, Taemin then went to speak with other people leaving me with Krystal and Kai. “Hey. Happy birthday to you~”, Krystal sang and then hugged me, “I guess I’ll hear much of that today.”, I joked. She chuckled and Kai hugged me next, “Ah, I’m sorry for being bad to you in the morning. I so wanted to wish you happy birthday right in that moment, but Taemin told me not to. He was the one who organized all the surprise party.”, Kai told me. “Really?”, I was amazed.

They both nodded. I softened. I couldn’t even describe Taemin. He kept on making me smile and felt like the most precious person in the world.

“Well, you have other people to talk with so we’ll leave you.”, “See you around then. Thanks for coming, I’m really grateful.”, I thanked them. After Krystal and Kai, was Jihae and Sehun, another sweet couple. Byunghun was there also. I was so happy to have my childhood friends in my 18th birthday. It was the most meaningful, having the most important people with me, in this important day.

In the 40 minutes after, I spoke with everyone. All the sunbaes, wished me happy birthday and gave me a little word supporting for my debut, which I still wasn’t sure of. After finally speaking with all the people present in the room, I unexpectedly found Luna coming in my direction. “Happy birthday. I’m happy that you and Taemin have lasted so far. Thank god it wasn’t with Onew, but anyway, good luck on your future.”, she flashed a smile and left. I could sense that some of her words were fake but I didn’t intend to have my mood down, just because of someone I didn’t like.

Then the DJ spoke to the microphone, “Girls and boys, couples, non-couples, get together and go shine in the dance floor. Here’s a slow one for you.”, a slow song started playing.

Without noticing, someone placed his hands on my waist and whispered in my ear, “Can I have this dance?”, Taemin asked in a seductive way. I smiled right away. I turned to him and nodded. We went to the center of the room, which was the dance floor and we started dancing. Some of the real couples that were there dancing were, Taemin and I, Krystal and Kai, Jihae and Sehun. Others like non-couples but very good and close friends like, Victoria and Changmin, Jessica and Kris, Kyuhyun and Seohyun, Sungmin and Sunny, Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk, Minho and Sulli were also dancing.

I felt good dancing like that with Taemin. It was relaxing. “Thank you Taemin.”, with my head rested in his chest and eyes closed, I thanked him. “Thank you for being the wonderful boyfriend you had been. Also, the good friend you always were. I’m the luckiest girl in the world for having such a boyfriend like you.”, he softened. “And I’m the luckiest guy in the world for having such a girlfriend like you.”, I softly smiled at his statement.

Minutes passed and the song was over. The couples all left the “dance floor” and went to talk with their closest friends. 

 


Author's note:

Oh, I have a mix of emotions! I'm happy because of the fanfic but I'm sad because of the fanfic too. Aish. :c 

Waaaaa, I love how Taemin can be this romantic. *sigh* I wish there were people like that. :D The pairings for the dance moment, were choosen like that, because I thought they were good together, so, it's not because I ship them or something; (well, some I do XD)