Arrival of Jihae

Love is beautiful ... but also complicated.

 

I opened my eyes from my sleep and glanced at the clock. I quickly jumped of the bed when I remembered that my cousin arrival was today. “Oh my god, oh my god, I’m late!”, I yelled as I rushed to the bathroom.

I dressed as fast as I could. “Stupid alarm clock! Why didn’t it ring?”, I asked myself in anger.

I grabbed my bag and went outside. It was 6:30am. I had to go get my cousin at the airport.

I ran a hand on my hair while I looked at my left and right to cross the road to the other side.

Since any bus wouldn’t pass at this hour I had to take a taxi.

Finally I reached the airport. I searched for a familiar face but nothing. I started to grow worried. Maybe she hasn’t arrived yet. I calmed myself.

“Hyunji!”, I heard the voice full of aegyo that my cousin had. We were of the same age, but somehow she looked younger than me even though she was older 4 months. Maybe because of her voice and she used a lot of aegyo while I didn’t, just when I wanted something.

She ran at me and hugged me tightly. “I miss you so much!”, she squeezed me. “I missed you so much too, Jihae!”, I pulled back to see if she had changed in those long 5 months I hadn’t seen her. “Waaa you look the same!”, I looked her up and down. She smiled “You too just a bit more tired than when I last saw you.”, “I’m getting old.”, I joked and she laughed.

“Come on. Let’s go. You must be tired from the flight and stuff.”, I said as I took the bag from her hands and placed it on the taxi truck. “Actually I’m not that tired.”, she shook her head.

I paid the taxi and thanked him from his service. “Woaaa I still remember your cool house.”, she said, I chuckled.

We entered and I took her to the guest bedroom.

It was now 7:30am. “Well, I don’t know if you still remember what I said before you went to China.”, I paused to see if she remembered “Yeah. About trying not to have a boyfriend there. I made some special friends but I managed not to really fall in love with them or to have a boyfriend.”, she pouted. I giggled, “Not about that, about entering in SME. Do you remember?”, I asked again. “OHMYGOD, YOU ENTERED!”, she shouted from happiness, without hesitation she hugged me.

“Yeah. And I have to go practice. I’m still a trainee but it’s okay. I’ll have my time soon. So, I was going to ask if you have enough energy to go with me or if you want to stay at home resting?”, I asked. “Let’s go! My energy never ends!”, she stated and I laughed, “You’re sure you want to go? I’ll be practicing so I may not have much time to be with you and to show you the building.”, “It’s okay. It’s going to be interesting to see you practicing.”, she clapped doing aegyo.

I prepared my bag and both of us went to catch the bus.

Kai was sitting at the bus stop when we arrived there. “Hello!”, I greeted, he looked up and his gazed stopped on Jihae. “Jihae?”, he was surprised to see her. “Hello, Kai!”, they were a bit awkward with each other because once they were a couple. Yeah I couldn’t believe when he told me that he had asked Jihae to date with him. Luckily or not it didn’t took longer than a month.

“What are you doing here?”, he asked still surprised. “I came to see Hyunji.”, she simply answered. He nodded and I spoke. “I’m going to take her to see SM Building today.”, “I can’t wait to meet all the artists there. I’m so excited.”, she smiled.

The ride until SME was quite awkward. Once we reached there, Kai went to his practice room and I and Jihae went to mine.

“This is my practice room.”, I opened the door. Jihae’s jaw dropped “Awesome! It’s really cool!”, she looked around. “Yeah. This is one of the places where I spend almost all of my time.”, I said while I placed my bag on the bench.

In that moment someone called me “Hello?”, I answered the call, “Hyunji, it’s your teacher. I won’t be able to go today. You’ll have to practice by yourself. I’m sorry.”, he said, “Oh it’s okay. It’s not a problem teacher..”, I assured him. “Thank you, have a nice day.”, he hang up.

“Who was it?”, Jihae asked curious. “It was my teacher saying he can’t come today.”, I sighed. Then she looked at me as if she was up to something. “What? What are you thinking?”, I hesitated a bit. “I was thinking that maybe you could show me the building and introduce me to all the SM artists now!”, she brightly smiled.

I wanted to show her around but I wanted to practice too. That’s when I had an idea.

“Come.”, I took her hand and we left the room.

I thought that if I introduce her to Kai’s friends maybe one of them could give her a guided tour around the building, while I would practice.

We went to the 3rd floor and arrived at Kai’s practice room. I knocked on the door but I had no answer so I decided to open it and peek inside. Jihae came and peeked too. Both of our jaws dropped. Their dance was so synchronized and all the moves were perfectly executed.

Jihae leaned over me to see better but ended up falling on my back. I wasn’t expecting that sudden weight on me so I fell on the ground and Jihae fell on top of me making the door open. “OW!”, we both yelled as we landed on the floor, well, I landed on the floor. She had the luck to fell on top of me.

I lifted my head up and saw six pairs of eyes looking at us with the what-the-hell gaze.

“Jihae … do you mind getting off me?”, I struggled to breath. “Oh I’m sorry.”, she got up and just could look at the floor from the embarrassment.

“Hello.”, I said when I finally got up. They were still not really happy for us having destroyed their practice time. “I’m sorry for entering like this ….”, “What do you want?”, Kai arrogantly asked, “Were you practicing?”, Jihae asked, “Not really it was much of a preparation before the actual practice starts.”, Sehun said. “When it will start?”, I smiled. “When our teacher arrives.”, Baekhyun spoke. “Can one of you do me a favor?”, I kindly looked at them, “Sure anything.”, Suho nodded, “Well, this is my cousin Jihae.”, I paused she bowed and waved, always with her aegyo, “and I wanted to show her the building but I wanted to practice too and since you’re available I thought that maybe one of you could do it for me.”.

Sehun took one step forward “I’ll show her!”, he shyly smiled. “Wait, we need to practice too. Why are you asking us to do this? We’re going to debut soon and we need to be perfect, which means we need as much time as we have to practice. If you hadn’t time for her, why did you bring her here? She could have stayed at home.”, Kai was pissed off.

I was dumbfounded by the entire situation. What was wrong with him? It was the first time he had talked to me like that. I was hurt by his tone of voice and by the insinuations he did. “It’s okay, I can go. I know the choreography as I know the palm of my hand.”, Sehun intervened. “Thank you Sehun.”, I tried to ignore Kai. “I’ll make it up for you after, okay?”, I looked at him. “Well I should go now. Once again I’m sorry for ruin your practice time.”, I glanced at Kai.

I turned away and went to my practice room still thinking at Kai’s attitude towards me.