Birthday presents

Love is beautiful ... but also complicated.

 

Hours later, someone knocked on the door. I was reading a book in my bed while Jihae was sleeping next to me. I got up and went to open the door.

“Excuse me. This is Miss Park Hyuni’s address, right?”, the young boy asked, “Yes.”, I simple answered not really knowing what expect next. The boy was dressed in dark clothes and was wearing a hat. The boy smiled and spoke again, “There’s a delivery for you. Can you sign in here please?”, the boy stretched his arm holding a paper and a pen. I signed the paper and he went to get whatever he had to delivery me. He came back seconds later with a big carton box in his hands and smiled once more. “Thank you. Have a nice afternoon.”, the boy bowed and left.

I stood there, looking at the box still in my thoughts. I picked the box and brought it inside. I put it in my couch and opened it. It had smaller boxes inside and a A4 paper with ‘Park Hyunji’s 18th presents.’, I smiled and softened. I had no doubt that Taemin had done that.

One by one I opened them all. The box styled with black and white strips was the first one. I opened it and it had a white envelope and under it a wonderful white wristwatch. I opened the envelope and read the letter it contained inside. The present was from Jonghyun. I smiled at the letter and went to open another box.

Next was a purple box with white circles. I opened it and again there was a white envelope, I presumed with a letter inside and under it there was a beautiful set of earrings, bracelet and a necklace. A very pretty set. After seeing the present I went to see of whom it was from. It was from Krystal. She always knew how to surprise me. She never disappointed me with her gifts. The third box to be opened was a sea blue one, it was slightly bigger than the other ones.. Inside it had an envelope with the same color as the box and a black big sixed t-shirt with Adidas in white written in it. The gift was from the members. They all got together and bought me that t-shirt.

I sighed. It wasn’t a sigh in discontent, in the contrary, it was from content. I had the best friends in the world. I couldn’t ask for more. They were everything to me.

There were some more boxes. The next one was colored in brown with the lid in white. It was pretty. All the boxes were pretty. I think I would keep them in my room. Inside the box, there was a white and red backpack. It had red hearts all over it. It was a lovely bag. I’m sure would use it. I saw the enveloped and read the letter that came along with the present. That present was from Key, Minho and Onew. I smiled at this excerpt: ‘You know, boys have a little trouble when looking for a present to give, especially when it’s to gift a girl, but we had no trouble since we had Key umma to help us. You know Key, right? He made an intensive investigation and managed to find a present that we think you might like.’, I chuckled. Key did a really good job.

The next presents were from Jihae, Kai, f(x), EXO (especially EXO-K, since I had never really spoken with EXO-M), Byunghun and teacher Lee had also given me a present. But that wasn’t all, in the very end of the carton box there was another box. It was all red and it had on the lid, some words written in black. ‘To my love.’, was what was written and of course I presumed it was from Taemin.

I grabbed the box and before opening it, I took a deep breath. Like every other box, it had an envelope, it was also red. I opened it and read the letter that Taemin had written for me.

After some time reading it, smiling to the paper I felt some tears rolling down my cheeks. I was immensely touched by Taemin’s words that he had me crying. I wiped those happy tears and went to see what the present was. My jaw dropped. From all the presents I had received, Taemin’s was the most touching and wonderful. It was a frame with a picture of us together when we were playing around in the practice room. I remember that day. We had so much fun playing around together.

I touched Taemin’s face in the frame and my eyes cried from happiness. I simply had no words to everything he had done or me. Best boyfriend ever.

I stared at the picture for a long time and remembered all the moments we spent together.

Then I heard footsteps. I looked back and saw Jihae coming in my direction, “What are you doing?”, she asked still rubbing her eyes from her long nap. “I just received my birthday presents.”, I said while still looking at the picture I was holding. The first thing I would do as soon as I would arrive at my room with all the presents was putting the Taemin’s present in my bedside table.

Jihae came closer to me and glanced at it, before showing a cute smile. “You look so cute.”, she complimented us. “Thanks.”, I thanked her. Suddenly I remembered that I had also received her present. “Oh, thank you for the present!”, I got up and hugged her tightly. “Did you like it?”, she asked curious about my answer, “Very much. You always know what to give me. You know me too well.”, we both chuckled.

After showing all the presents to Jihae, she helped me taking them to my room.

As soon as I got there I put the box in my bed and quickly went to put the frame with the picture of me and Taemin in my bedside table. It fit perfectly in my room. I smiled at it and went to tidy everything in their places.

At night, Taemin phoned me. I expressed how I felt about receiving all those presents and seeing his present. We talked for more than an hour. Since his birthday was the month next, I really needed to think of something to do. And the truth was that I couldn’t find anything that could be … good enough. So I started asking indirect questions, like what kind of places he liked to go or if it was a special date where and with whom he would like to go.

We finished our call and when I was preparing to go to sleep an idea popped in my mind. The next day I would ask Taemin why the usual café we used to go have lunch at was his favorite.

Surprisingly, the next day went by very slowly but I asked him and he answered that it was because it had gone there with his mother since he was little. Well, I had already the place to celebrate his birthday. I knew he would have a birthday party with some fans like SM artist use to do, so I had no choice to do it after it.

 


     

*Well, Lee Kyunghee is a member of SM's new group. She's the maknae and she's the lead rapper;

*Kim Yoorin is a memeber of SM's new group. She's the lead dancer and vocalist.

*Park Hyunji is the mian character in the story. She's a member of a new girl group (previously mentioned in various chapters), and she's the Main dancer, vocalist and rapper (she's a triple threat).

I didn't want to give this info before the next chapter was posted but I think you need in order to choose the best name. I guess. So help me please! :) Thank you. <3