Too much skinship

Love is beautiful ... but also complicated.

 

-------- Taemin’s POV -------

“I’m sorry. I need your help, if you don’t mind.”, I kindly spoke, “Of course, whatever you need.”, the girl said, “Well, I have a friend, which I like and I want to make her a surprise, but the problem is that I don’t have an idea of what to do.”, I lowered my head. “Hum, can I know if it’s the girl you came with?”, the girl smiled.

I looked at her, she was putting on the shoes, a small smile formed in my face, “Yeah, it’s her.”, I turned to the girl, “Judging from her style, you should do a simple thing. Small actions, may be small but have a big meaning for girls. So, don’t do, big events or buy her something expensive, because that won’t matter that much, of course that girls like to receive those kind of presents but I think girls enjoy the most, getting attention.”, she explained, “Oh I see. Thank you so much. I should go now.”, I thanked, “You welcome and good luck.”, the girl thumbed up.

I returned from the balcony and put the shoes on.

As I was putting the shoes on, I glanced at Hyunji. She seemed strange, she wasn’t smiling or talking. Did something happen while I wasn’t there?

“What’s wrong?”, I asked her, she looked at me and shook her head, “Oh nothing.”. I wasn’t still convinced. She got up getting ready to play. I came closer to her and insisted, “Are you sure?”, she just nodded. No, something wasn’t right and she wouldn’t tell me. Was it with me? What was the reason? I thought that maybe if she didn’t want to tell, I shouldn’t insist.

--------- End OF Taemin’s POV ---------

 

I grabbed a ball and prepared to throw it. I took a deep breath and threw it. My shoulders fell at seeing the ball not even hitting a single pin.

I turned around since it was Taemin’s turn and sighed.

I had a question stuck in my throat, but I didn’t want it to come out.

I couldn’t take it anymore, I had to ask him.

“So, you took her phone number?”, I asked him trying not to offend him or anything like that, “What?”, he turned around, “Yeah. Hum, I saw you with the girl. You were pretty talkative with her.”, I said trying not to show any signals of jealous, he turned to the lane and spoke, “Well, I asked her some important stuff.”, he then threw the ball and it hit almost all the pins, leaving just four still standing.

It was my turn, I got up and grabbed a ball. Taemin walked in my direction and he was now facing me, “Why?”, he gazed into my eyes, “Nothing, just curiosity.”, I went in front of the lane.

Once again a repeated my ritual, I took a deep breath and then threw the ball, just to see it not hitting a single pin again.

I started to think that I had no skill on this. I was a totally failure at bowling.

I stood there looking at the four pins standing, like they were laughing at me for not have hit them.

Taemin appeared behind me with a ball in his hands. “Here.”, he said as he handed me the ball, he stood behind me and then grabbed my fist. I could feel the warmth of his body touching my back. He was too close again. “Let me teach you.”, he then looked over my shoulder so he could see to where he was throwing the ball.

I swallowed. I could feel my heart beating faster already. “Grab the ball like this.”, he put my fingers on the holes of the ball, “Then just threw it in this way.”, he said as ‘we threw the ball together’. I waited for the ball to leave the pins standing again, but unlike I was thinking, the ball hit all the four pins.

“Oh my god. We did it!”, I threw my hands in the air, Taemin giggled, “No, you did it.”, I softened at his words. He taught me how to do it and even gave the credits to me.

We ended the game and left the arcade.

“Waa, it felt so good. It’s been so long since the last time I went there.”, I smiled, “Yeah, I had a great time.”, he sweetly looked at me, I looked back at him but quickly broke the eye contact.

As we were on our way to the last floor, I noticed that Taemin hadn’t bought Krystal’s present. “Oh, you haven’t bought Krystal’s present.”, I turned to him. “Aish, I forgot. Well just wait here, I’ll be right back.”, he said as he left to buy f(x) maknae present. You stood there waiting for Taemin when you noticed two people happily talking and even holding hands.

You ran to the side that Taemin had gone. You didn’t want Onew and Luna to see you, at least alone.

You caught up with Taemin and tried to slow down your breathing. Taemin looked at you and spoke, “What’s wrong?”, “Nothing, I just didn’t want to stay there alone.”, you lied, “Oh I’m so sorry. I shouldn’t have told you to wait there for me.”, he felt guilty, “No, it’s okay. So where’s the store?”, you changed the subject. “It’s right here.", he pointed.

You then entered the perfume store.