Indirect Confession

Love is beautiful ... but also complicated.

 

It was morning, 8:30am, I had to prepare myself (get up, eat breakfast, get dressed etc.) to go to the SME building. I got up, went downstairs and went to the kitchen to have breakfast, I was putting the cereals on the bowl, when “Booo!”, Kai decided to scare me. “Aahhh” I shook the box of cereals making them to spread on the floor. “You scared me! Look what you have done! Aish jinja.” I yelled at him. “Sorry, let me help you.”, “No, I don’t need your help!” I acted angry. “Sorry, I didn’t want this to happen okay!” He apologized. I grinned and hugged him. “I made you sad?”, “Yes!” he pretended to be hurt. “Sorry hehe, just have breakfast okay.”

We both had breakfast and Kai went to his house to change closes and I did the same.

We were waiting for the bus to come, and I asked to Kai “So did you meet any girl’?”, “No why are you talking about this now?”, he avoided making eye contact with me. “Because lately we haven’t talked about this kind of matters.” I knew by his reaction that he liked someone. “There’s only one girl in my world.”, “Who? Did you have a girlfriend and you didn’t tell me???” I yelled. “You are the only one in my world!”, he joked. I rolled my eyes, “Stop joking okay!” Kai laughed and gave me a shove. I tried not to smile, “Yah are you trying to get me mad?” Kai was about to answer when the bus came.

We arrived at SME Building, we entered and we went to the practice room, there was a person in there, it was Taemin. I was friends with all the SHINee members, I had already talked to them.

Since Taemin is the dancing machine from the group, I talked more to him. “Hey, you’re two minutes late.” He teased us. “Hahah Okay so what is the punishment?” I asked. “You have to dance the choreography that we practiced yesterday.” He demanded. “Okay, Kai you’re ready?”, “Yes, let’s do it.” Kai nodded.

We danced and we practiced hard, the lunch time arrived.

We were going to the cafeteria to eat something when Key, Minho and Jonghyun showed up. “Hello! How are you?” Key greeted. “Hello! I’m fine and you? You are really happy today, what happened?” I asked surprised of Key’s happiness. “He just woke up happy.” Minho said with his ‘poker face’ on. “Are you going to eat?” Jonghyun asked. “Yes and you hyung?” Taemin put his hand on Jonghyun’s shoulder. “Of course we’re going to eat, I’m super hungry. Yah, hurry up, I wanna eat!”, Key yelled like a little kid desperate for food. “Haha good, so we can eat together.” I suggested.

Me, Taemin and Key sat at a big table and waited for Minho, Jonghyun and Kai to bring the food.

We were eating happily, laughing at Key funny stories of their trainee days and Jonghyun jokes, when Onew appeared.

“Hey, can I sit here?”, “Yes, yes, hyung!” Taemin allowed him happily. I looked at Onew and he looked at me, but I looked away, avoiding his eyes. The mood was quiet now. Kai whispered, “Are you okay?”, “Yes, why?” I tried to fake my mood. He gave a look at Onew’s direction, “Because of him, you haven’t talked since he came.”, I gave a fake smile, “I have nothing to talk about.” Kai knew that I was lying, “Do you want to leave?” “No, I’m okay.” I got up. “Well, I’ll just go to the bathroom, I’ll be right back.”

When I was coming out of the bathroom Onew called me and I pretended that I hadn’t heard him, when suddenly I felt someone grabbing my arm, making me stop and to turn around. “I need to ask you something.” Onew said. I tried to not have eye contact. “Ask, I don’t have my whole life.” I said coldly, “Why are you being like this to me? Hum? Why are you ignoring me?” he asked. “What do you mean? I’m not ignoring you!” I remained serious. Onew was still grabbing my arm. “Are you sure? I mean, harsh and cold with me.” I knew I was being like that to him so I didn’t answer. “Why did you leave in that way, yesterday? Why haven’t you talked to me since I joined you all at the table? Hum?” Onew insisted. I took my arm away. “Why do you even care about it? All you want to care about is Luna, Luna and Luna. So why are you wasting your time asking me this?” I shouted angrily and almost crying. “So, you’re jealous? Is that it? You were being harsh and cold to me because you were jealous?” Once again I didn’t answer, I was like paralyzed. Onew took a tissue of his pocket and gave it to me, “That means you like me?”.

Kai was watching the whole scene from the cafeteria, he couldn’t listen to what we were saying but he could understand what was going on.

“What do you think? No, I don’t like you, I was being jealous just for fun!” I said ironically. “Look I already know that you don’t like me, so just leave me alone okay?” I got out of there, and sat next to Kai. I saw Onew scratching his head and coming into the cafeteria to sit at the table too.