Bad feeling.

Love is beautiful ... but also complicated.

 

Kai looked at me in concern. “What happened? Why are you crying?”, he grabbed both of my arms, I took his hands away and tried to run away.

Kai wouldn’t let go, so he went after me. “Hyunji. Please tell me. I’m worried about you. What happened?”, he seemed desperate to know the reason behind my tears.

“It was nothing.”, I said, like everyone says when they don’t want to tell the truth. He rolled his eyes, “Hyunji, look at me.”, he lifted my chin up to meet his face. He gazed into my eyes and then hugged me.

Everyone was hugging me today. I hoped that it would be the last time it happened.

Kai was patting my back with sweet touches. With a hand on my head and another going up and down on my back, he comforted me. “Let’s talk, okay?”, he whispered on my ear. I nodded and went with him to a quiet place.

We were at a room that seemed that it wasn’t used, so we were more relieved, because of the possibility of being interrupted was low.

“So, what really happened?”, Kai asked me, “Onew went to my practice room and said that he missed me.”, I answered. Kai waited for me to continue, I looked at him and spoke honestly, “You know what’s the most frustrating? It’s not him saying he misses me, but me still having feelings for him.”, I lowered my head.

I could sense that Kai didn’t know what to say at the moment. After some minutes in silence he finally opened his mouth, “You know you can’t love him, right? If you do, you’ll just hurt yourself even more.”, he expected me to say something but I didn’t. “Are you going to tell Taemin?”, “No.”, I simply answered.

I didn’t want to tell Taemin. He would think that I still like Onew and wanted to go back to him, which wasn’t truth.

I just wanted that to be a nightmare and I would still be sleeping. But reality was very present.

“Can I ask you something?”, Kai suddenly turned to me, I said yes with a small nod. “Do you like Taemin?”, he went straight to the point.

That question kept on repeating on my mind. Memories of me and Taemin together join my thoughts. I remembered when I felt weird towards Taemin at the bowling.

Did I really like him? Did my heart really have feelings for Taemin? I could say that l liked him a lot, but was it a ‘more than a friend’ love?

Realizing that I was thinking too much Kai interrupted, “Why are you taking so long? I know you like him.”, a smile appeared on his face, “Kai, I don’t want to talk about it now, okay?”, I shook my head.

“Okay. You’re better now?”, he got up from the bench where we had been sat on the last few minutes, “Yeah.”, I nodded and got up also. “So let’s go.”, he said went behind me.

In the way to our practice room I remembered something, “Kai, do you know if Jihae and Sehun are dating?”, I turned to him, “Hum well, they have spent some time together but I’m not sure of anything.”, he shrugged, “Hum okay. I just wanted to know.”, I said and waved to him. And we went in opposite directions.

I entered in the practice room and the teacher was already there.

“You’re right in time.”, he spoke with his back turned to me. He then turned the music on and we started practicing.

Practice was over and I was packing my things to go home.

I was humming a catchy song that was trending at the moment when someone came in the room.

I looked up and saw Taemin coming in my direction. “Hey.”, I greeted, “Hey.”, he also greeted. Unlike in other days, Taemin stood there looking for something to say. “You’re going home?”, he asked, “Yeah. You’re going too?”, I kept on talking so awkwardness wouldn’t come again.

Taemin was different. He seemed sad, hurt, different from the last days. He had never been like that for the past few days. He had always been happy and smiling. What could had happened to make him feeling like this? I wondered as I finished packing.

“No, I’m staying here for maybe another hour.”, he shook his head in denial. “Oh, so, do you need anything?”, I tried to find out the reason why he showed up in my practice room. “No, I … I, forget it.”, he waved his hands and left. I stood there without knowing what to do.

The bus came and I went home.

“I’m home.”, I said as I closed the entrance door. “In the kitchen dear.”, my mom said. I dragged my feet with me and went to the kitchen. My body was more than tired. “Oh sweetie, what happened?”, my mom widened as she looked at me, “Nothing why?”, I got puzzled, “You look so tired and … you were crying?”, she cupped her hands on my cheeks and examined my eyes. “No mom. I wasn’t.”, I took her hands away.

“Jihae’s at home?”, I asked, “Hum, I guess she went out with a guy named Sehun.”, she stirred the food in the pan, “Oh, okay. I’ll go upstairs,”, I informed and went to my room.

I threw my bag to the mini sofa next to the desk and threw myself to my bed.

I felt tired, so I went to take a shower and decided to go to bed.

As soon as I curled in the sheets my eyes closed and I feel asleep.

It was 3 in the morning and I suddenly woke up from a nightmare.

I took some breaths and calmed myself down. “What a nightmare. I need to get some water.”, I said as got up from my bed. I took a cup out the cupboard and grabbed the jar with the water. I filled the cup with water and took it with me.

A weird feeling was present on me. I had the feeling that something bad would happen. What could it be? I just hoped that it was an impression only. The last thing I wanted was someone to get hurt. I finally got to my room and went to bed again.