Chapter 45

A Love So Beautiful

At Kim’s Mansion

Mr. Kim finally had been discharged from the hospital. Taeyeon helped his father to manage his needs since his father's condition is still weak and need a special care. Although they have maids and Uncle John to help, Taeyeon insisted to took care of his father by himself. Taeyeon decided to take a week leave from work, and he has already informed Sooyoung and Yuri about it. They apologized to him because they were unable to come and visit his father due to their busyness in running the restaurant.

Hyori still staying at Mr. Kim’s mansion because Taeyeon insisted his mother to stay there. Moreover, she needs to settle her business deal with Mr. Kim’s company before she could go back to Japan. Mr. Kim had asked Hyoyeon to help him with the business dealings since he’s unable to do so.

Meanwhile, the Hwangs had already returned to Seoul together with Tiffany. They also wanted to spend time with their youngest daughter before returning to LA. Besides, Tiffany could not accompany her fiance in a long time because she had already been bound with drama filming which has scheduled earlier.

It has been five days since Taeyeon taking care of his father. His health has improved much and he was able to do his usual routine. Every afternoon, Taeyeon will took him for a walk at the garden area at their mansion. After tired of walking, Mr. Kim will took a rest a while at the hut near the mansion.

That afternoon, Mr. Kim decided to tell something important to his son. The thing he had planned a long time ago. But, he didn’t have a chance to do so since Taeyeon love to live independently. He thought this was the best time for him to persuade Taeyeon since he is no longer able to work actively like before. Moreover, he would not enslave himself to work throughout his life. He need to rest. Taeyeon is the one and only son he had, his own flesh and blood, and a heir who will continue his legacy in business.

“Dad, you wanna drink or eat something?”, Taeyeon asked his father once he sat on the bench beside him.

“It’s okay son. I just wanna sit here for a while”, he said as he smiled.


“Dad”, Taeyeon started to speak.

“Yes son?”, he replied.

“I have to go back to Seoul this Saturday. My leave will end soon”, he said.

“I know. Hmm.. can I talk to you about something?”, he said softly.

“Sure dad, what is it?”, he asked curiously.

“Do you love me, son?”, he asked. Taeyeon raised his brows, looked at him his father weirdly.

“Of course I love you dad. You’re the only dad I had in this world”, he said. “What was with that question? You scared me you know”, he smiled awkwardly.

“I just want to know Tae. You know that I will not live forever in this world, I will die someday...”, he just about to continue when suddenly Taeyeon cut off his words.

“Daaad.. why are you talking nonsense?”, he cried.

“Taeyeon, I know that you will questioned me on why I’m saying this to you. Since I got this disease, I keep on thinking that someday I will not able to stay strong to do my work. I’m not young anymore son. I’m tired, and I need someone to replace me. I don’t want to burden your uncle, or your cousin to help me to continue our business legacy. You're the only person that I think capable to replace me”, he calmly said.

“Dad.. I-I..”, the words got stuck in his throat.

“Son, listen. I know that you’re not ready to accept this. But please, think about it. I will give you time as much as you want”, he tried to persuade his son. Taeyeon was silent for a moment, and slowly he took a deep breath before released a soft sigh.

“Alright. Just give me some time to think”, that was all he could say at the moment.

“Okay, I’m tired. Let’s get inside the house”, his father said while rose up from the bench. Taeyeon stood up from the bench immediately, and held his father’s arm. They slowly leaving the hut, and walked to the mansion.


Later that night

After dinner with his parents, Taeyeon excused himself, and straightly went into his room. He then landed on his bed with an arm on his forehead, keep thinking about what his father has said this afternoon. After a while, he heard a knock on the door.

“Yes”, he shouted.

“Hi son, can I come in?”, Hyori asked.

“Hi mom. Yeah, sure”, he immediately get up and sit on his bed. His mother then slowly walked to his bed and sitting beside him.

“Is it something had bothering you today? You seemed quiet while eating dinner just now”, her mother tried to digged out his problem. He sighed softly, and began to speak.

“Yeah, dad told me that he wanted to rest, and it is the right time that he wanted to hand over his company to me”, he mumbled. Hyori smiled and patted his son’s back.

“Tae, I agree with your father. You should take over his business now. He’s not like when he was on your age. He should retire”, her mother said.

“But mom, I’m not ready yet. Plus, you know that I’m not interested to work with his company”, he grunted.

“I know son. But, what else can you do? You’re the only son of ours. As parents, of course we want our children inherited our wealth. You know what, Aimi, your little sister too will soon inherited her late father’s business after she graduated. I’m like your dad too. I will not forever working in the company. Aimi is my only hope to replace me”, she said.

“I had a little sister?”, he surprisingly asked.

“Yes, she’s now in her final year of study at the university. Wait, let me take my purse first. I keep her picture with me in my purse”, she stood up and immediately went out from Taeyeon’s room. A few minutes later she back with a purse in her hand. She sat back and opened her purse and shoved it to Taeyeon. “This is Aimi”, she said.

“Wow, she’s beautiful, just like you mom. I’m glad that I had a sibling”, he smiled.

“Yes, that’s why her late father wanted our company to have collaboration with your dad’s. He want you to know that you had a little sister. He want us to reunite as a family, not as an enemy. But, I never thought it will turned out the other way”, she mumbled sadly.

“Mom, everything has back to what we wanted, right? It’s just that dad is still in a state of receiving all these, and he’s now has showed us a good progress. Just give him some time, okay?”, he said as he caressed his mother’s hand.

“Yeah, you’re right son. Okay, I think I should go back to my room. I need to finish packing my stuff”, she said as she rose up from the bed.

“Yeah, me too. I will going back to Seoul tomorrow, and I can send you to the airport as well”, he replied.

“Oh, thank you son”, she thanked him as she caressed his cheek.

“You're most welcome. Good night mom”, he said.

“Good night son”, she replied while making her way to the door.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello chingus! Sorry for being hiatus for a while. I've been bound with my work and family commitment lately. 

To my subscribers and readers, thank you so much for your patience and hope you enjoy reading the story.

I'll try to update as often as I can. Don't forget to drop your comments as well. I appreciate it so much. See ya! ^^

Sincerely,

 

Your humble author.