Chapter 41

A Love So Beautiful

“My mother was there”, he mumbled sadly.

“What?”, Tiffany was surprised.

“My mother, she was there, she’s at the hospital now. I-I don’t know whether I can face her after...”, he paused.

“Baby, listen to me. I know I’m not in your shoes right now. I know you have hurt. Did you still remember what I’ve told you before? No matter what she did, she’s still your mother, right?”, she said as she cupped his face. He kept silent as he stared into his fiance’s eyes. He slowly nodded his head.

“Good. Be good when you meet her later, okay sweetheart?”, she said while giving him a quick peck at his lips. He hugged her tightly as he seemed like trying to hold his pain in his heart. Tiffany understood upon his situation, he probably can’t think straight. She slowly caressed his back, and let him hugged her like that for a moment.


At Gwangju Hospital

The Hwang’s, Taeyeon and Tiffany arrived at the hospital three hours later. They went straight to the registration counter of the hospital to inquire about the location of the room where Mr. Kim had been admitted. Upon receiving the information, they immediately headed to the elevator to get to the second floor, where Mr. Kim's room was located.

As soon as the elevator stopped at the right level, they immediately went out and rushed to the room where Mr. Kim had been admitted. Taeyeon then saw Hyoyeon was sitting in front of the room with an older woman besides him. Hyoyeon stood up from the chair as soon as he saw his cousin was walking toward him.

“Hyo, how’s my dad?”, he said as he hugged his cousin.

“Hyung, your dad is still unconscious. But, you don’t have to worry. The doctor have checked him an hour ago, he said that it’s just a minor attack. He said that uncle need to rest a lot”, he said while patting his cousin’s back.

“Thank you so much Hyo for helping my dad”, he said while shifting his gaze to the older woman who was standing besides Hyoyeon. Hyoyeon noticed that, and then he immediately introduced her to Taeyeon.

“Hyung, this is auntie Hyori, your mother”, he said while turning his head to Hyori. Hyori moved forward and was about to hug Taeyeon when he moved back slightly from her. Hyori noticed the awkwardness between Taeyeon and her then just stood there. The Hwang’s only watched them quietly.

“Hello Taeyeon, how are you doing son?”, she started to speak.

“Never better”, he answered bitterly.

“Tae.. I.. “, she was about to continue her talk when suddenly Taeyeon cut off her words.

“I’m sorry. I need to see dad right now”, he said while walking towards the room’s door. Hyori was startled by his cold action. Hyoyeon then patted Hyori’s shoulder, tried to calm her down.

“He just shocked. Just give him some time auntie”, he said. Hyori nodded slowly. Hyoyeon than walked to the Hwang’s and slowly approached them.

“Hello Tiffany, I’m Hyoyeon, Taeyeon hyung’s cousin”, he greeted as he extends his hand to shake.

“Hello Hyoyeon, nice to meet you”, Tiffany replied while shaking hands with Hyoyeon.

“It’s nice meeting you too. I’m sorry because I can’t attend to your engagement ceremony. I supposed to have a meeting with our new client from Japan, which later I knew that the client was Taeyeon hyung’s mother”, he said with a small smile.

“It’s okay Hyoyeon. By the way, this is my family, they came from LA to attend the ceremony”, Tiffany said as she introduced her family to him.

“Hello, nice to meet you all”, Hyoyeon said and bowed slightly.

“Nice to meet you too Hyoyeon”, Mr. Hwang said.

“Oh, I almost forgot. This is Mrs. Lee Hyori, Taeyeon’s mother”, he introduced her to the Hwang’s. She bowed slightly to them.

“Auntie, I think you already knew that Taeyeon just engaged with Tiffany today”, he said.

“Yes Hyo. Nice to meet you Tiffany. You’re so beautiful. Taeyeon is so lucky to have you”, Hyori said while slowly approaching Tiffany and caressing her cheek.

“Nice to meet you auntie. I never thought that I finally meet you. Taeyeon has told me about you before this”, she said as she smiled.

“It’s okay honey. I know he still mad at me because of my sudden appearance here in this kind of situation. I felt guilty because I have caused this bad thing happened to his father”, she muttered sadly.

“Don’t say like that auntie. We can’t predict the future. I’m sure it’s not his intention to treat you like that. He just shocked for what had happened today. It’s just that too much for him to handle”, Tiffany replied, tried to calm her down.

“Thank you so much for your understanding Tiffany. I’m sure you can take a good care of my son”, she said as a small smile curved on her lips. Suddenly Hyoyeon interrupted their conversation.

“Guys, I think we better leave Taeyeon with his dad for a while. Why don’t we go to the cafe at downstairs to freshen up a little bit”, he suggested. All of them nodded and started to leave their seat, heading to the elevator.


Meanwhile with Taeyeon and Mr. Kim

As soon as Taeyeon entered the room, he saw his father lying helplessly on the bed. He walked slowly to the bed, and take a seat beside it. He carefully took his father's hand, and slowly caressed it. Without he realized, his tears suddenly fall slowly on his cheeks.

“Dad, why she’s here? What she had done to you dad, until you have become like this?”, he mumbled sadly, feeling a slight pain on his chest. He buried his face on his arm, and laying his head at the edge of the bed, crying softly. All of his sorrow has poured within his crying, hoping that the pain that he felt all this while will flow away.

“T-Tae...”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello chingus!^^ Sorry for the late update. It just took some time for me to think of what are the next plot should I expand on this chapter. So, hope you guys like the update. Next chapter will be a TaeRi (Taeyeon and her mother, Hyori) moment. Maybe there are some unexpected things will come out, so, stay tuned!

To my subscribers and readers, thank you so much for subscribing and reading my story. I hope you guys will stay with me until at the end of this story. So, have a nice weekend guys!

Sincerely,

 

Your humble author.