Chapter 38

A Love So Beautiful

** I can't find the suitable pic.. but, coincidentally I saw Hyo was in this pic with TaeNy.. so, it's okay, huh?

 

 

 

Later that night

As planned earlier, the Hwang family were having dinner with Tiffany and Taeyeon. Taeyeon decided to bring them to his restaurant since this is the first time he met them, and he wanted to show them his workplace. Mr. Kim couldn't not join the dinner because he had to leave early to Gwangju. He had a meeting with his new client from Japan on the same night. Mr. Hwang also invited Jessica and Sooyoung to join them, but they already have their own plan on that night.

Since the Hwang family were their guest while in Seoul, Mr. Kim have asked one of his drivers to pick up and send them from the hotel to any place they wanted to go. Just in time, the driver has already waiting the Hwang’s in front of the main entrance of the hotel, ready to pick them up to the restaurant. A few minutes later, the Hwang’s went out from the elevator, heading into the foyer in front of the hotel lobby. He then saw a young man with a white uniform standing in front of the main entrance of the hotel.  Mr. Hwang slowly approached the young man.

“Excuse me, are you Mr. Kim’s driver, the one that he asked to pick us up?”, he asked.

“Yes, I’m Mr. Kim’s driver. Are you Mr. Hwang?” he asked back.

“Yes, I’m Hwang, and this is my family. Nice to meet.. err.. ”, Mr. Hwang asked with hesitation.

“Just call me Lee, Sir”, he bowed and smiled.

“Yeah, nice to meet you Mr. Lee”, he greeted him.

“Nice to meet you too Sir. Come, let me send you and your family to Mr. Kim junior’s restaurant”, he said as he opened the car’s door for the Hwang’s.

“Thank you Mr. Lee”, he said as he got into the car.

“You’re welcome Sir”, he replied as he started to drive the car, heading to the restaurant.


At the restaurant

Taeyeon and Tiffany have already waiting for them at the restaurant. Taeyeon has made a reservation for VIP room for them, and he also have asked Amber to serve them. A few minutes later, the Hwang’s arrived at the restaurant.

“Hey, welcome guys!”, Tiffany greeted her family. Each of her family members then gave her a hug while entering the restaurant.

“Welcome to the restaurant. Please come in”, Taeyeon welcomed them.

“Thank you son. Wow.. your restaurant looks very nice!”, Mr. Hwang said while admiring the interiors of the restaurant.

“Thanks uncle”, Taeyeon said.

“Call me daddy, son. You’re going to be my son-in-law son soon, so, you need to get used it from now on”, he said as he giggled.

“Uh.. o-okay d-daddy”, Taeyeon sheepishly replied. Tiffany chuckled upon looking at his reaction.

“Welcome, Sir! Please follow me”, Amber bowed, and greeted Mr. Hwang and his family. He then guided them to the VIP dining room.

"Err.. daddy, this is Amber. He's our part-time waiter here, and he’s a Sooyoung’s adopted brother", Taeyeon introduced Amber to him.

“Hello Amber, nice to meet you”, Mr. Hwang greeted.

“Nice to meet you too Mr. Hwang”, he bowed and greeted him back.

“So Amber, what else do you do besides working here?” he asked.

“Well, I’m still studying at Seoul University, in final year”, he replied.

“It’s good to hear that”, Mr. Hwang said. Amber just smiled.

“Daddy, Amber is from LA too”, Tiffany said.

“Really? Which part of LA are you from Amber?” he asked him excitedly.

“San Fernando Valley, Sir”, he replied.

“Oh, it’s a nice and beautiful place there. I used to love to hiking at Griffith Park when I was like your age. Now I can’t do that anymore, I’m too old to do that, and lose lots of energy”, he laughed.

“Yeah, that’s my favorite place for hiking too Sir”, he replied excitedly.


“Haishh.. stop calling me Sir, will you? Just call me uncle, okay?”, he smiled.

“Heheh.. yes uncle”, he grinned. “Alright, back to the menu. So, what would you like to order?”, he asked the Hwang’s.

“I’d like to have sukiyaki set, and a green tea”, Michelle made her order first.

“Me like to have sashimi set, and a coke”, Leo said.

“The sukiyaki set looks tempting. What would you like to have dear?”, Mr. Hwang asked her wife.

“Same as yours honey”, she replied.

“Okay, please give us two sets of sukiyaki with green tea”, Mr. Hwang made his orders.

“Hyung and Tiff noona?”, Amber asked.

“I’d like to have a bowl of carrot salad, chicken meat, gyoza, maki, rice and soup, with green tea. And you baby? What would you like to have?”, Tiffany asked her fiance.

“Just give me chicken katsu set, with a coke”, Taeyeon made his orders.

“Alright, done! Excuse me please”, Amber excused himself and immediately heading to the kitchen.

“So, son, how’s your work and everything?” Mr. Hwang asked Taeyeon.

“So far so good daddy”, Taeyeon replied with a smile.

“Hmm.. son, sorry, I have to ask you this. Why are you not working with your father? I mean, he’s a well-known and successful businessman in Korea, and normally for a businessman like him, most of the children will working with their own father”, he asked again.

“Well, it’s just that I like to live independently daddy. I know many of people out there has questioned the same thing, but I'd rather keep it silent. I just loved to do what I wanted to do, based on my ability. I like photography very much, since it reminds me a little bit about my mother”, he replied calmly.

“You’re just like Tiffany. She also loved to do what she wanted to do. That’s why I didn’t stop her when she told us that she wanted to become an artist in Korea. I’m pretty sure she knew what she wants, right babyyyy?”, Mr. Hwang cheekily asked her little daughter.

“Again, daddy, please don’t do your silly aegyo here. It’s really embarrassing!”, Tiffany grunted.

“Why? You don’t like daddy’s aegyo babyyyy?” he said as he batted his eyelashes at her.

“Yah, daddyyy! Stop it!”, she cried. All of them laughed at her.

“Okay, okay. Daddy stop, okay babyyyyy?”, he did it again.


“Honey, will you please stop teasing your daughter?”, Mrs. Hwang sternly said to her husband.

“Heheh.. sorry dear, can’t help”, he giggled.

Twenty minutes later, Amber and another waiter came with trays of food and drinks that they ordered earlier. They carefully laid the plates and glasses on the table. “Please enjoy your meals guys”, he said.

“Thanks Amber”, they said in unison. They continue to eat and chatting on random things.


Meanwhile, at Gwangju

Mr. Kim finally arrived at the cafe in one of the hotel in Gwangju where he supposed to meet his client. He was accompanied by his Marketing Director, Kim Hyoyeon who is also his nephew.

“Hyo, what’s the name of our client again?”, Mr. Kim asked while they entering the cafe.

“If I’m not mistaken, her name is Harumi Lee Hyori, uncle”, Hyoyeon replied.

“Lee Hyori? Is she Korean?”, he asked.

“Based on the information that I had, yes, she is Korean. She used to lived in Korea before moved to Japan twenty years ago after married with her Japanese husband”, Hyoyeon explained to his uncle.

Lee Hyori.. why did you name same as hers?

“Okay, let’s meet her”, he said.

Hyoyeon then went to the reception counter to asked the staff where they can meet this Lee Hyori. The staff then guided them to the table where she has already seated.

“Hello Mrs. Lee, sorry for keep you waiting. I’m Kim Hyoyeon from Kim Constructions and Industries. And this is my President, Mr. Kim”, Hyoyeon introduced himself and his uncle to her.

“Hello Mr. Kim”, she bowed and greeted him.

“H-Hyori?”

 

Uh-oh! O.o

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello chingus! Heheh.. another drama will be coming up next, so stay tuned! ^^

For my new subscribers and loyal readers, thank you for subscribing and reading my story. And, thank you so much for your comments as well. Appreciate it so much much more!

See you guys in the next chapter soon!

Sincerely,

 

Your humble author.