Chapter 76

A Love So Beautiful

**Hehe.. Happy Birthday Seobaby! ^^

 

 

 

 

As soon as the call ended, his phone rang again.

“Huh? Seo?”, Taeyeon looked at his phone screen weirdly.

“RING! RING! RING!”

“Yes Seo, is there anything else?”, Taeyeon asked curiously.

“Hmm.. boss.. hmm.. I wanna tell you about something. But, promise me that you won’t get mad, okay?”, Seohyun said.

“Well.. it depends. What is it, Seo?”, he asked.

“Hmm.. l-I had.. err.. I-Iast time”, Seohyun stuttered nervously.

“Haishh this girl.. what is it so important that you wanna tell me Seo?”, Taeyeon starting to get impatient.

“Hmm.. I-I had a lunch with Jessica unnie few days ago, boss”, she said.

“Heh? You called me back just wanna tell me on that? You’re weird, Seo”, he mumbled.

“No! I’m not finished yet”, she replied.

“Then what is it Seo? Can you please just tell me straight away?”, he exclaimed.

“J-Jessica unnie asked me on your whereabouts, and..”, she paused.

“And what, Seo?”, Taeyeon asked.

“And.. I-I told her that you’re in Japan right now”, she finally managed to say it.

“You what?”, Taeyeon raised his voice, makes the latter startled.

“B-boss.. are you mad w-with me?”, Seohyun carefully asked. Taeyeon just keep silent for awhile. He let out a soft sigh before started to speak.

“At first, I was really mad with you Seo. You’re supposed to keep the secret, right? But, you failed to do so. So...”, he paused.

“A-are you going to fire me boss? I-I’m sorry, I-I had to, boss, I had no choice.. I..”, Seohyun still keep on talking when Taeyeon tried to stop her.

“Seo! Stop it will you?”, he yelled. Seohyun immediately stopped talking. Taeyeon took a deep breath before continuing to talk. “I’m not going to fire you, Seo. Just do whatever I told you to do. Don’t worry, okay?”, Taeyeon said.

“Thank you boss. I’m so sorry once again”, Seohyun apologized.

“You’re welcome. Alright, I need to hang up now. Don’t forget the things I asked you to do, okay?”, he ended the conversation.

“Okay boss, I will. Bye!”, she ended the call.

Taeyeon rose up from the bench, and started to jog back to the mansion.


Meanwhile in LA

Tiffany, Krystal and the rest of the drama production team arrived at the hotel where they stay during the drama shooting in LA. After done with the check-in process, the team then heading to their respective rooms. Tiffany and Krystal shared a room together.

“Unnie, are you going to visit your family later?”, Krystal asked while putting her luggage beside her bed. She jumped on her bed, and rested her tired body after being on the plane for 12 hours. “Oh god, I’m so tired!”, she cried. Tiffany hopping on the bed, lying straight while putting her arm on her forehead. Her mind still thinking on her conversation with Jessica about Taeyeon earlier.


-- Flashback --

“Tiff, listen. I know where Taeyeon is”, Jessica said.

“What? Where?”, she asked impatiently.

“Woo..woo.., hold on Missy. He’s in Japan”, Jessica informed.

“Japan?”, she shockingly asked.

“Yes dear, he’s in Japan right now”, Jessica said.

“H-how did you know? Who told you?”, she asked.

“Seohyun told me. I had told you I will help you to find him, right?”, Jessica reminded her.

“Thank you Jessie. But, still I can’t do nothing if I knew where he is. I’m sure he doesn’t want me to see him”, Tiffany mumbled sadly.

“Tiff, are you going to let him slip away from you just like that? What if he found another girl, hotter than you there? Are you just going to sit there and do nothing?”, Jessica exclaimed. Tiffany took a deep breath and let it all go before she started to speak.

“Jessie, I really appreciate your help. As much as I want to see him, I should respect his request, Jessie. He told me that he want some space, and this is what I'm doing right now, giving him some space to think again about us. If he really loves me, I'm sure he will find his way to come back to me, Jessie”, she said.

“Alright Tiff, if you say so. Please take care of yourself, okay? Don’t do anything stupid, and don’t think about it too much. I’m not going to give up helping you and Taeyeon. Both of you are my best friends, and I want both of you to be happy. Call me if there’s anything you want to share. I’m going to hang up now. Talk to you later, okay? Bye!”, Jessica ended the conversation.

“Thanks Jessie, bye!”, she ended the call.


-- End of flashback --

“Unnie, unnie! Are you listening to me?”, Krystal snapped at her.

“Oh, sorry Krys. What did you said just now?”, she asked.

“Are you okay, unnie? You seems like spacing out since we landed here”, Krystal asked while looking at her worriedly.

“I’m okay Krys, just having a jet lag, that’s all. Don’t worry, okay?”, Tiffany replied with a small smile.

“Just now I’m asking you about when are you going to visit your family”, she reiterated her question again.

“Oh, maybe tomorrow afternoon after shooting. When are you going to meet your friends?”, Tiffany asked.

“I think I will meet them on tomorrow too, since you will not be around on tomorrow”, she replied.

“Okay. Krys, I want to take a nap. In case if I overslept, could you please wake me up later before dinner?”, Tiffany asked.

“Sure unnie. I want to take my nap too. I’ll set the alarm. Good night unnie! Heheh!”, Krystal jokingly said to her.

“Heh? Yeah, yeah.. good night you silly!”, she chuckled. Both of them then drifted off to sleep.


The next day in LA

After the drama shooting ended on that day, Tiffany immediately took a cab, heading to her parents house. Luckily, the shooting location was located not too far from her parents house. After about 30 minutes away, the taxi finally arrived in front of her house. After paying the fare, Tiffany rushed out of the cab, and immediately pressing the doorbell of the house.

“DING! DONG! DING! DONG! DING! DONG!”

A few seconds later, the door swung open, and a beautiful old lady was standing in the middle of the doorway with both hands on her hips.

“What the...”, she was so surprised when she saw the person who she thought was played with the doorbell standing in front of her.

“Mommm... I missed you!”, Tiffany dashed to her mom and hugged her tightly.

“Oh my baby, what a pleasant surprise!”, Mrs. Hwang said as she kissed her baby daughter’s cheek. She released the hug to take a good look at her daughter. “You look so thin dear, are you on diet?”, her mother asked. Tiffany has lost her weight a bit. She was not eating well for the past few days because, you know why, right?

“Hmm... it’s not like that, mom. I’m not eating well for the past few days because of my busy schedule”, she lied. Her mother just nodded her head.

“Haishh.. next time you should eat properly, and concern more about your health, dear. Come, let’s get inside. They must be surprise to know that you’re here”, Mrs. Hwang said as she put her arm around her baby daughter’s shoulder, and both of them went inside the house.


Meanwhile at Tokyo, Japan

Taeyeon just finished his meeting with her mother and the project team members. His mother had asked him to meet her in her room after the meeting ended. He just followed his mother to her room.

“Have a seat, Tae”, Hyori said. Taeyeon immediately sat down on the chair in front of his mother’s desk.

“So, how’s the progress so far?”, Hyori asked as she sat down on her chair.

“Huh? What progress? The project? We already discussed it in the meeting just now”, he replied.

“Haishh.. you know what? I feel like I want to smack your head right now. About you and Tiffany, pabo!”, his mother said annoyingly.

“Oh, about that. I thought you wanna know about the project. Heheh.. sorry mom!”, he chuckled nervously.

“Seriously Tae, I’m asking you, what have you done so far?”, her mother sternly asked.

“Alright. I’ve asked Seohyun to book my flight back to Seoul in two weeks time. And I’m planning to throw a surprise birthday party for her”, Taeyeon said. Her mother nodded her head, indicates that she’s satisfied with the plan.

“Good to know that. Remember, you need to fix this, son. Don’t let it get worse. I won't help you if it happened again”, she asserted.

“I know mom. I promise I will not disappoint you”, he promised as he raised his right hand.

“Good. Now let’s go out for lunch. I’m hungry!”, Hyori said while patting her tummy.

“Heh? Since when you have turned into shikshin?”, Taeyeon asked while looking at her mother weirdly.

“Haishh.. too much questions! Let’s go!”, she exclaimed as she got up from her chair and grabbed her bag. Taeyeon just shook his head and followed her mother out of the room.

 


Back to LA

Tiffany had a dinner with her family on that night. She was so happy that she could gather with her family members since she seldom got a chance to do so. She really missed her mother’s homemade dish.

“Eat more, dear. I made your favorite dish”, Mrs. Hwang said while putting more tteokbokki on her plate.

“Mom, dish ish sherioushly delishush!”, she said with her full mouth.

“Haishh.. this girl. Eat properly, will you? You might get choked”, her elder sister, Michelle scolded her. She wiped her baby sister’s mouth with her napkin.

“Thanks sis! Heheh..”, she grinned.

“You look so skinny, dear. Taeyeon didn't feed you well?”, Mr. Hwang said while munching his food.

“COUGH! COUGH!”

Tiffany’s eyes got widened in shock, and she choked her food when suddenly her father mentioned her fiance’s name. The name of the person that she was longing for.

“See, I’ve told you”, Michelle snapped while patting her baby sister back. She handed her a glass of plain water. Tiffany slowly swallowed the content.

“Ahhh.. thank god I’m still alive!”, she cried. All of her family members laughed on her words.

“Silly girl!”, Michelle chuckled. The Hwangs then continued to eat their dinner while catching up on random things.


After dinner, still at Hwang’s residence

Tiffany sat on the bench at the small garden at the back of the house. Mr. Hwang then joined her daughter sitting on a bench, having a small chat.

“How’s your life so far, dear?”, Mr. Hwang asked.

“Hmm.. everything is okay, dad”, she replied with a small smile. Mr. Hwang knew Tiffany lied to him. What Tiffany didn’t know was that Mr. Kim has already told him about what was happened between her and Taeyeon. That's why he purposely mentioned Taeyeon's name during dinner just now, he purposely want to see her reaction. He also knew on Taeyeon whereabouts, since Mr. Kim had told him everything.

“How ‘s Taeyeon? Is he still busy?”, he asked again.

“Hmm.. y-yeah. He’s always busy. We rarely could spend our time together lately”, she lied again. Mr. Hwang just nodded his head slowly. He kept silent for a while, seems like in a deep thought.

“Honey, can I say something?”, Mr. Hwang asked.

“Sure, daddy. What is it that you wanna say?”, Tiffany asked him curiously.

“I know what happened between you and Taeyeon actually”, he calmly said.

“What? W-wait.. wait.. H-how did you know?”, she was surprised as she asked his father again.

“Uncle Kim told me. So, what are you gonna do after this?”, her father asked. She let out a soft sigh before answering her father’s question.

“Honestly, I don’t know, daddy. He said that he wanna have some space, so, this is what I do to him right now”, she said as she facepalmed herself.

“Honey, are you giving up on him already? Don’t you love him?”, her father asked. Tiffany shifted her gaze to the ground.

“I do love him, daddy. It’s not that I have already giving up on him. I just wanna let him have some time to think”, she mumbled.

“Alright. But, don’t give him time too long. He might lose his interest on you later”, he smiled as he patted his baby daughter’s head and before he continued. “Just remember this sweetheart, every relationship need three things to last forever, trust, honesty, and lastly openness, got that?”, Mr. Hwang said.

“Yes, I got it, daddy. I will keep that in mind. Thanks daddy”, Tiffany replied as she hugged her father.

“You’re most welcome, sweetheart. Hmm.. your birthday will be coming up in two weeks time, right?”, Mr. Hwang asked.

“Yup. Why? You wanna celebrate it with me?”, she grinned.

“Nope. You should go back to Seoul, and celebrate it with him”, Mr. Hwang sternly said.

“You don’t want to celebrate your own daughter’s birthday? How could you, daddy!”, she cried.

“Haishh.. don’t be such a baby. You need to fix your problem with Taeyeon, and whether you like it or not, I insist you to go back to Seoul right after your drama shooting here ended, got that?”, he said with a straight face.

“Alright, alright. I got it”, Tiffany mumbled slowly, she frowned with her head hung low.

“Good girl. Alright, let’s get inside. It’s getting cold here”, Mr. Hwang said as he rose up from the bench, followed by his baby daughter. They immediately leave the garden and went inside the house.

 

 

 

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________

Hello chingus! Sorry for the late update. My brain was a bit rusty for the past few days. But, I'm glad that it still can function well, again! So, I'm back! What a lame joke! Anyways, hope you guys like the update. I'm planning to end this fanfic soon, maybe I'll add another 2 or 3 more chapters. I've already draft the new fanfic, but I can't tell you now because I still can't decide on which OTP characters I should include next.

For my subscribers and readers, thank you so much for your support. Keep on commenting guys!

Oh, before I forget, Happy Belated Birthday to SNSD maknae, Seo Juhyun! We love you always Seobaby! ^^

 

Sincerely,

Your humble author.