After the funeral

It has to be you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Watching the news on TV, Sungmin's hatred for his ex-wife's family doubled. The news were showing how the police managed to arrest Mr Kim and his daughter from a holiday bungalow, which they apparently had been hiding there for the past 1 week.

Sungmin was tired and stress. Right after his father's funeral, there were endless trips to the police stations, lawyer's office, and endless visitors, whereby their relatives and acquaintances, who couldn't make it to attend the funeral earlier, came over to visit his mum and to offer condolences. 

And without Kyuhyun, Sungmin felt empty and lonely.

With a heavy heart, Kyuhyun had to leave him in Ilsan and drove back to Busan after the funeral 3 days ago, because he has to attend his company's board meeting, which could not be postpone due to audit submission dateline. Sungmin had assured him that he would be fine and that he really has to stay behind to help his family as he is the eldest son, to handle the case together with Sungjin. Moreover, his company has granted him extended compassionate leave so that he could be with his family.

But 3 days without Kyuhyun has taken its toll on Sungmin. Kyuhyun has always been his strength, his battery to charge, his advisor, his brain for logical thinking, and his everything. Sungmin missed him terribly, especially his hugs and kisses. It wasn't that Kyuhyun didn't call, in fact they talked on the phone every night, but having Kyuhyun physically here makes a whole lot of difference. 

"Hyung, now that the culprit has been caught, it will take a while for the court hearing. Why don't you go back to Busan first? At least you won't feel so stress" Sungjin was saying as he passed a glass of warm water to Sungmin. 

"I don't feel good leaving you and Omma here, Jin. I'll go back this Sunday when Kyu are here. Then when the court hearing starts, I'll come back here" Sungmin said, resting his back and sip the warm water. 

"Hyung, about the company...." Sungjin started talking, but got interrupted by Sungmin. 

"You take over. I want you to own it" 

"No hyung, appa wants you and me to be the owner. And to me, you should be the CEO, not me" 

"Jin, I don't want the company, and I was never a part of it. Even if I am the joint owner, I will willingly transfer my ownership to you..."

"I want you to own it with me, hyung, even if you are not there to handle the day to day work. It's ours, not mine alone and please, don't transfer your ownership to me. You can just attend the yearly meeting and check whether the accounts and profit are correct. That's all I need you to do"

Sungmin was quiet. He was actually thinking about something, but he needed to discuss with Kyuhyun first. He shouldn't decide this on his own, about the future of his mother, Sungjin and their father's company. 

"Ok, Jin, let me think about it. I will let you know my decision soon" 

"It's fine, hyung, don't be stress about it. We can always discuss this another time. We need Omma's views too" 

"Yeah. But she will feel more sad talking about appa's company. We settle the court first then we decide about Appa's company. In the mean time, you run it first, okay". 

"Yes, I will. Is Kyuhyun-hyung coming this weekend to fetch you?" 

"Yeah, he's driving here after work this Friday. Will you and Omma be okay, just the two of you when I'm back in Busan?" 

"Don't worry hyung. Omma is stronger than we think. She'll be alright".

"I hope so..." and turned to his handphone next to him which started to buzz. He smile when he saw it was Kyuhyun calling. He still don't understand why, after all these years, his heart would always missed a beat when the lov

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter