A day at the beach

It has to be you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was quite hectic the day they officially moved in to their new house. Sungmin had to supervise where to place the old furniture, and then re-arranged them again to fit and blend in with the new ones.

He loved his kitchen the most, especially the island, and neatly arranging his baking and cooking stuff in the island cabinets. Mrs Lee helped him arranging all other stuffs like their dining sets, Bone China sets, cups and saucers, tupperwares, etc, and these were kept in the main cabinets.

Kyuhyun was busy upstairs, supervising the workers for his study room and the bedrooms, including their cosy space where he managed to convert a section of the hallway into a small library, complete with rattan sofas and a coffee table. Sungjin and Donghae helped him with arranging the books, vinyl records and song albums.

In-between arranging, Donghae would declare a break, and showed Sungjin some dance steps. They resumed their 'work' when Kyuhyun walked past and gave them a "What are you doing, get back to work!" look.

After vacuuming and some cleaning up, the house is clean, neat and tidy. Kyuhyun ordered fried chicken, fried rice, pizza, some tarts and desserts for everyone, and the food were yummy, maybe because they were all very hungry. Mr Lee bought few cartons of beer in a nearby convenient store which he saw on his way here, and Mrs Lee boil hot water for those who preferred tea.

"Let's toast for Kyuhyun's and Sungmin's brand new house!" Donghae said raising his can of beer.

"To your new house, may both of you achieve greater happiness and be blessed with more fortune together, forever!" Sungjin cheered. Everybody joined in the toast, which Kyuhyun thanking them for their well wishes.

Their official 'open house' has been set to be the following Saturday when Kyuhyun's family came down, and both of them would invite close colleagues from both companies, and also a certain family friend called  Donghae, who kept asking "how about me, how about me?".

Sungmin invited his family to stay in their new house, but since the apartment rental has been paid till the following Sunday, they preferred to go back to the apartment, and gave Donghae a lift home.

After everyone had left, the house seemed empty to Sungmin, but not very long. Kyuhyun hugged him from behind and kissed his cheek.

"Welcome to our new house, Min. It's really ours and I want to spend my life here with you till forever"

Sungmin turned around, smiling happily and said "I love this house, Kyu! Thank you for thinking of buying it the last time, and now that it belongs to us, I couldn't have been happier!!"

"Oh yes, I got a call from our house agent just now, somebody is interested to view our old apartment. Isn't it great, if we got a buyer, we can sell it, and pay the Bank a lump sum, so that it reduced the loan tremendously".

"You should keep it, Kyu, you bought that apartment last time"

"I rather use it to pay the Bank" Kyuhyun told him and Sungmin knew that his decision is final, so he agreed to it. Kyuhyun then continued "Anyway, want to drink wine? Our first wine in this new house!"

"Yes, shall we? How about that wine that you bought from Japan, wait let me look for it" Sungmin went to their mini wine cellar and look for the wine that he had arranged this morning. "Here it is! Iwanohara Wine, from Niigata Prefecture" 

"Ohh ok, yes great choice! I didn't drink Iwanohara Wine for quite sometime!! Min, you bring it to our veranda, I go to the kitchen and take our wine glasses". 

"Kyu, the wine glasses are in the display cabinet next to the fridge" Sungmin told him as Kyuhyun might not know where the glasses were kept. 

"Okay, got it!" Kyuhyun said and added "Wow, Min, you did a great job in the kitchen! Everything is arranged nicely!" 

"My mum helped me haha. I was basically at the island arranging the baki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter