Chapter 9

All My Love

 

She and Donghae decided to Grandpa’s house together on the weekend to gather. She missed him a lot but Donghae insisted to come too so they had to find a day with no schedule for him. The older man looked tired, pale, thinner and well, older. The wrinkled has grew more, the hair all has turned white and sometimes his hands trembled but he kept smiling and telling them that he’s fine and okay everytime they asked about his condition.  They gave a jade ring for him as present which was around his finger already. 

“So any good news for me?” the elder asked. They were having a lunch together in grandpa's house.

“News about what hal-abeoji?” she asked back after swallowing down the food.

“You know,” Grandpa put his left arm above the right one, his position like carrying a baby, and he rocked his arms to the left and right, “Baby...” He smiled. “Even Youngsoo has one already. Or maybe he got a twins? Or triplets? Aigoo that guy, can you believe he called me in the midnight to tell me that Hee Young is  pregnant. I still remember clearly when you and Youngsoo were in high school. She had no dating experience because Youngsoo always scare and threaten all the guys who want to date her. He acted like a big brother, it’s like i’m having two grandchild at the same time. He never told you this _____-ah, but every time he did that, he always gave me a call to inform me. I was mad at him because he kept the boys away from you. And he did that until you graduated high school! So one of the reason i introduced you to Donghae is because of him,  and i didn’t tell him anything about that. Once he knew, Uugh. It was scary i tell you. But now both of you have your own family now, except for Young Soo’s case. He will have a wife and a kid soon.  It’s a complete family. So when will yours? I want to see him or her before it’s too late..”

“We are still trying Grandpa. We want to have baby too but we don’t want to rush things.” Donghae answered calmly.  His emotion was mixed, he felt glad and kinda upset. He doesn’t like to be compared but he felt thankful too, without Youngsoo’s over protectiveness for her back then maybe he and _____ won’t be introduced to each other.  ____ just listen and ate silently.

“Why? You are not rushing things young man if you got her pregnant. Even though you’re an idol with busy schedule but family comes first arasso? Think about your health too, aigoo maybe you already tired when you come back home? I will send you ginseng and ____ can make you ginseng soup. You will be the patriarch of the family, you have to be healthy and strong to lead the family. You have to be a wise, patient, caring, trustful husband and father so that you can protect your family in the future. You have to think about the future, think about the consequence and the risk from everything you would do and every decision you would make. A lot of people divorced because they can’t protect the family together, especially young marriage couple.They didn’t share and discuss their thought and usually the differences make them conflict. If two of you ever got a problem, even if it just a minor one, you guys have to solve it quick ara? If you ignored it then it’d turn big and big and bigger.  Spend more of your time with your family. And you ____-ah,” Grandpa shifted his gaze to her, “to be a good wife you have to listen to your husband well. He is working to get you money so you have to prepare hot bath for him, massage him, cook him a good food and keep him healthy. Do not waste a lot of money for something unimportant ara?  And y-“

“Grandpa.. “ she whinned.

“Fine. I know i have talked a lot. That’s what she would do to you one day Donghae, tsk, this girl. “ he shook his head as he wiped his mouth with napkin, “I finished my food already, both of you can watch TV there, i’m going to drink my medicine first. Okay?” Grandpa stood up, patted Donghae’s shoulder once before he went upstairs.

The maid came to take the dirty plates away so i took Donghae to the couch and watched some musical drama on the tv. We both didn’t really pay attention to the show as Donghae kept planting kisses on my face and my neck. I just giggled, got tickled by his kisses. He brought me to his lap.

“Yeobo-ah, i’m thinking about Grandpa’s words earlier..” he said.

“Hm?”

“He’s right. Maybe right now my job is number one since i have to earn money for us then when we got our baby-“ he slid his hand under my shirt and rubbed my tummy, “You and our baby will be the first. I’ll be the best husband and father ever, promise that. I will protect you and our family from anything, nothing can separate us ok? I was a bit startled when grandpa mentioned about divorce. But i promise you we won’t get to that stage. Not even close.” He said while pulling me close into a hug and i pulled him closer to my frame. His hug seemed so warm and protective.

Then his lips lingered on mine before moving down to my neck. Gently laying kisses on it and nibbling on my collar bone. His hands began to move under my shirt but i stopped him before it gets more intimate.

“We can’t do this here, Grandpa might come down and see..” i said in low voice and tried to get off his lap but he just held me on my thighs, keeping me on sitting on his lap, letting me felt his bulge under his jeans, i just shot him a glare.

“What? You got me this hard babe! Stop looking okay? Let’s say good bye to Grandpa now so we can go home..” he smiled and gave me a last kiss, it was short but yet sweet.

“He’s upstairs, come on.” I pulled his hand and we began to climb the stairs fast. I knocked the door but no one answered so i opened it and we both entered. Grandpa was no where to be seen, and the toilet door was locked so we both assumed that he was at the toilet. I called Grandpa but he didn’t answer, i thought maybe he didn’t hear so we both settled down on the sofa.

“You don’t really have a schedule today Oppa?” i asked while playing with his fingers.

“I have one actually. One schedule with my wife at my home later.” He winked.

I slapped his hands away, “You ert hubbie! I never know you’re so into this.”

“Well..we want the baby aren’t we? That means we have to keep trying, we can do it here if you want. Anywhere and anytime baby.” He my neck. I wanted to get mad but my lips betrayed me. I smiled and blushed.

“Do you want the baby or do you want the process? Jeez Oppa can’t you wait until we are home? We just need to say Good bye to Grandpa.. Speaking of him, it’s been 20 minutes why isn’t he out yet?” i stood up, leaving Donghae on the sofa as i knocked on the toilet door once again. But no respond. I began to worry and my heart thump fast with anxiety.

“Grandpa! Are you there?” i shouted and knocked the door hard. No respond..

I knocked with my opened-palm on the door, making my hands stinks and causing a loud sound, but still no respond..

“OPPA! I think something have happened to Grandpa, help me!” i cried.

Donghae pushed me back. He was knocking like what i did before then he began to kick. His kicks were hard as the door itself began to splutter. A few kicks made the door broke, we immediately rushed in.

And we both gasped as we saw Grandpa lying on the floor, fainted. With the medicines all over the floor...

“GRANDPA!” We both yelled.

 

**

 

“Mr.Kim’s health is not in a good condition. His disease become worst than before. I am truly sorry to say this but due to Mr.Kim’s age, maybe he wouldn’t last long than 4 months. And there’s a bruise on his head, maybe he fell on the floor before you brought him here. It worsen his situation. There is only one way that we could do, that is surgery. But i’m telling you the chance is only 30%. ” The Doctor informed them with the nurse waiting on his side.  “I am sorry Ms, but i will still do my best, but if the time comes....no body can help.”

My grip on doctor’s coat loosen as i fell down on the floor. Donghae squatted down next to me as he wrapped my shoulder and pulled me closer as i buried myself in his chest, crying myself out....

You can’t do this to me, you can’t leave me Grandpa, you can’t !! You’ve promised...

 

That’s the last thought of mine before i passed out.

 

**

 

I sat next to the bed and scanned my Grandpa’s face. He looks tired, even with his eyes closed. Youngsoo and Heeyoung came to visit yesterday, while Donghae and some SJ members visited days ago. They were working right now so Donghae can’t keep me company. It’s been days since he is hospitalized, i've been visiting for every day now. Every visiting time came, i always drive here to see his condition. But he still looks the same,  The oxygen tube still there to help him to breath, hoses were connected to his body. When he was hospitalized before, he didn't used these.. Tears once again my puffy eyes. It just pains me to see his state right now for once again. I would very willingly to be in his position right now, to feel injections on me everyday, to lie on the bed or exchange my life as long as he’s healthy.... Please open your eyes and talk to me. Nag me, scold me, tell me what to do.. i won’t cut you, i won’t be angry..i will just listen until you finished. Grandpa...tell me what to do now. You can’t leave before you see me pregnant, you can’t leave before you carry your great-grandchild right? You want them so bad right? You can carry Youngsoo’s first, i won’t be mad.. I won’t be upset if you compared me to Youngsoo and Heeyoung again.. Just wake up, please..

 

“I’m sorry to interrupt Ms., but visiting time is up.” The nurse came to inform. She was holding a small box and she gave it to me, “I’m a big fan of Super Junior, can you please give this to them?”

I stood up, ignoring the dizziness inside my head that i’ve been feeling since yesterday morning, i squeezed Grandpa’s hand for the last time, kissed his forehead before i approached the nurse. “I will. Please take care of Him.” I weakly smiled to her before i went out.i bowed at the nurse and at my grandpa's assistant, who was standing at the corner like usual, before i closed the door..

 

The dizziness was getting worse to every step i took. My vision was getting blurred by the minute as i stop walking and placed my  hand over my head to  assuage the dizziness, but it somehow had gotten worse. I leaned towards the wall for support. My body felt like cold, i’m tired and weak... My vision turned black.. The box that nurse gave fell from my grip, as i collapsed to the cold floor.

 

 

What's happening to you ____ ? :0‎​ 

comments are highly appreciated...esp long ones :) 

Thankyou, enjoy reading & don't forget to click subscribe button (if u haven't ;) )