Chapter 39

All My Love

 

It’s been a month since the last time she checked up her pregnancy. Now it has reached 9 weeks and her body figure started to change. Her baby bump could be clearly seen, and now she wears dresses or big sweater instead of jeans. Donghae promised her to go together for shopping dresses but Donghae broke his promise because the schedule didn’t end according to the plan. She ended up shopping by herself and mad at Donghae for the whole day. This time, Donghae made a promise again, and she really hoped he fulfil his promise. He promised her to accompany her for her second appointment with the obstetrician. But it seemed like he broke his promise again.

She has been waiting for more than an hour in SME, because he told her to wait for him there, but he hasn’t come back from his schedule place. She called him for several times but he didn’t answer it. She texted him numerous messages but he only replied once:

‘Just wait.’

That simple two words reply made her blood boiling even more. He didn’t explain further about why he is late and he told her to wait. She tried to be patience by keep waiting for him until she waited for 3 hours. She finally lost her patience and grabbed her purse, and walked towards the door. She was heading to the parking lot, and when she was about to push open the door when the door was pushed forward, she immediately stepped back and almost fell if the guy who opened the door didn’t hold her.

“Sorry, are you-.....” The guy pulled her so she can balanced herself, “____-ssi.”

She dusted her sweater and muttered, “Can’t you- oh. Hi Kai.”

“Sorry, i didn’t mean to make you fell. Are you okay?” he asked worriedly as if he made her hurt so badly.

“it’s okay.” She faked a smile to him. “i’m fine. Perfectly fine.”

He could feel her sarcasm there. He cleared his throat to break the awkward atmosphere between them two, “Are you mad?” he asked with his straight face.

“Me? I’m mad, i’m so mad! Today is just perfect! Pabo him!” she pouted and stomped her feet. Kai puzzledly stared at her, “did you fall so hard?”

She blinked and didn’t realize she just cursed in front of him, “Oh, you’re still here. Sorry, i am not mad at you. I’m mad at someone else.”

“Donghae sunbaenim?”

“I told you to call him hyung. Donghae Sunbaenim sounds weird to me.”

“Donghae hyung?” Kai repeated.

“Yes! That stupid fish! He broke his promised again! Ergh! He is so annoying!” she balled her fist and started to throw punches to the air. “i’m gonna kick his ! He will be sorry for making me wait! That guy!!”

Kai watched you all the time and he couldn’t help but chuckled. ‘she is still cute..’ he thought.

“Stop doing that, ____-ssi. You’re pregnant.” Kai tried to stop her by grabbing her hands and put it on her side.

“Hmpf.” She puffed her cheek cutely.

“just call his manager, probably he is on his way here now.”

“I’ve called and called. He didn’t want to pick up. I don’t care anymore. I’m leaving. Don’t tell him where i am if he asked you or the others. Where are Sehun by the way? And Chanyeol?”

“The others are at the dorm. We are on our free time. No schedule.” He grinned. “Where are you going to by the way?”

“i have an appointment with my doctor! But i’m late! I’ve to make another appointment then. Geez Donghae really is annoying.”

“he is busy, i think. Super junior is always busy. They are really famous you know.”

“i know that. Their fans are....something. awesome. And scary.” She shuddered remembering what his fans had done to her. The rumour about them and the fans haven’t quiet down but people didn’t really talk about it again. “I’m hungry. Gonna grab something to eat, wanna come? It’s on me.”

 

**

 

“One chicken fried steak, put a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top and please give more tomatoes, and one chicken salad croissant sandwich. That would be all, thank you.” She handed money to the cashier and closed the car window again. The cashier was confused at the order but he just take the money and started making the food. Kai took off his cap and ruffled his own hair before put the cap on again.

“You sure have a weird taste for food.” Kai mumbled.

“Don’t blame me! I’m pregnant woman!”

“Yeah...right.” Kai chuckled softly and watching ____ staring at her phone. Her phone vibrated but she just stared at it.

“Donghae hyung called?”

“Yeah. I won’t answer his call.” She said but her eyes never left her phone.

“i think you should answer. He deserves to know where you are.”

“i texted him once. I told him i am with you so he just need to calm down and stop annoy me like this. urgh! You know what, he is worse than old ahjummas when it comes to nagging. He nags a lot especially to me. I’m fed up with his nagging. He scolds me a lot. I can’t go out from the house if he doesn’t come with me. You know how busy he is right?” she started to complain while Kai just nodded his head as if he understand her feeling.

“He cares about you.” He silently murmured. She thought it for a while and smiled at her own thought about Donghae. Even though Donghae is an annoying husband but he really do care a lot about her. “Yeah he is.”

There was a knock on her window from the drive thru man, he handed her the plastic of their food and she stepped on the gas. “Let’s have our lunch!”

She parked her car near Han River and they enjoyed their meal in the car. She finished her tasty-and sweet fried chicken steak-with ice cream on top, and Kai also finished his food as well.

“Aigoo, so full! That was the best food ever.” she patted her stomach and leaned back at her chair. Kai his lips and agreed with her. He looked at her who was closing her eyes and smiled satisfiedly. He leaned closer to her and wiped the corner of her lips with his thumb, she immediately tensed and sat straight. “Sorry, you got a little ice cream there.”

“Oh. You should have told me.” She gazed at her fingers.

 Both of them turned silence and it was getting more awkward than before.

“Have you seen me before?” Kai asked.

“You? Yesterday was the first time.”

“Oh.” Kai nodded weakly, “Yesterday wasn’t the first time i saw you actually.”

“Really? We’ve seen each other before? I didn’t realize that.” She thought while caressing her chin with her thumb and forefinger.

“I saw you several times in SM building, you know.” Kai confessed, “But i didn’t know you are Donghae hyung’s wife until yesterday. I know he has a wife but i really had no idea about her.”

“Oo. I think Suho-ssi said he saw my wedding photo. When did you see me? I don’t remember.”

“Yeah, but i wasn’t interested with it at all. I just saw it yesterday. You are pretty.” He shyly glanced at her and smiled, “I saw you with Taemin hyung and Changmin hyung, sometimes with Donghae hyung or Super Junior sunbaenim members. The first time i saw you is in SM canteen. You were eating a lot of food with Changmin hyung.”

She tried to recall the memories... but she seemed couldn’t remember it.

“The last time i saw you is when you were crying with Changmin hyung and Taemin hyung in the canteen after so long. You didn’t come to SM building as often as you used to. It was the funniest day during my trainee days. I never saw Changmin hyung and Taemin hyung’s faces like that before. It was hilarious.” Kai finally felt comfortable around her and opened up with her, while she bitterly smiled at him. She remembered so well about that day, how Changmin and Taemin being noisy and annoyed her.

“I never see you in SM building again after that. I thought i would never see you again. I was starting to lose hope then you appeared in my practice room. I was so happy to see you, but i really lost my hope on you. I never thought you are Donghae hyung’s wife. I am really a pabo, right?”

“What do you mean? You seem to know me so well. Are you happen to be my stalker?” she thought Kai was just compliment her, so she playfully back.

“Maybe. But i’m no longer your stalker, ____-ssi. You’re nice. But i’m seeing you as my sister now, may i?”

“Of course! Older sister right? That’s sound great! I don’t have a brother too, so call you dongsaeng then?”

“Dongsaeng sounds good to me.I will call you Noona then, ” He smiled back sweetly at her. “Chanyeol, Sehun, Luhan and Tao must be jealous of me. Don’t take them as your brother, okay Noona?” he blinked his eyes like he was doing aegyo.  She slapped his arms and pinched his cheek, “Aigoo my Kai is so cute~! Who are Tao and Luhan?”

Kai rubbed his chin where she pinched him but he hid his smile from her. “They are EXO-M. They are in China right now so you can’t meet them.”

“Oh. I’ll see them next time then. Let’s go, i’ll drive you back to SM. Donghae is waiting for me in the house.”

 

 

 

 

“Noona thank you for the meal. Drive safely! Annyeong~” Kai waved with full energy while grinning like a kid. She never thought the cold Kai that she met yesterday could be cheerful like that.

“Annyeong~ See you next time!” ____ waved back at him and watched him entered the building before she sped up to the house.

 

**

 

“Where have you been?” Donghae asked with calm voice but there was anger inside it. She just could feel it.

“I should ask you the same thing to you.” She replied smoothly while ignoring his glare and just poured herself a glass of water. She finished the water and grabbed her purse, was about to climb the stairs when Donghae grabbed her arm. She turned around to face him and both of them started to exchange glares.

“i’m going upstairs. You could glare at the wall if you want.” She mumbled and slowly yanked her hand away from his grip.

“Where are you going? Who said you can walk away from me? I haven’t finished talking!” Donghae chased her as he climbed the stairs as well.

She paused, so did he. She slowly turned around and placed her hands on her hips, she boredly looked at him “Say what you need to say, i’ll listen to it. Quick, i’m tired.”

Donghae’s jaw tense in anger and didn’t say any words.

“Don’t wanna talk? Fine. I’m going to shower if you don’t mind.” She turned and continued climbing the stairs until she reached the room. She entered it while Donghae was glued on his spot. He was worry as hell but she pissed him more. He tried to calm himself and repeating to himself that his wife is pregnant. He was wrong and he has to admit instead of being mad at her. But he needs explanation.

He entered the room after a while and saw ____ was putting her new sleeping dress on. He tried to lift the atmosphere between them by compliment her, “You look cute on that.”

But she didn’t reply and just kept silent. She climbed to the bed and put the blanket over her body, closing her eyes. Donghae walked slowly and sat next to her on the bed. He her arm but she shift her body so his hand fell to the bed. He gulped and leaned closer, putting his head on her other arm, “Are you mad?”

“Do you really have to ask me about that?” she pushed his head but he just won’t move. He put his arms around her body instead.

“I am sorry okay? We have to do some interviews for China and Thailand TV that’s why i couldn’t arrive on time.”

“I don’t care. I am trying to sleep here. Move!” she pushed him again and now he just shifted and rolled next to her. He stared at her back while she didn’t make any movement at all. She was really pissed at him. She bit her lips and pushed away the urge to cry.

“Did you go to the doctor? With Kai?”

She silenced for a while, she wanted to ignore him but it was hard for her to do that. After taking long minutes to let the anger gone, she finally replied.

“No.”

“Really? So what did you do with him? I never know Kai is out going type. He usually practice dancing whenever he has time.”

“We had lunch.”

“Oh..” Donghae didn’t feel disappointed at her short reply, it’s lucky that she still want to answer him. “Is he nice?”

“Yeah. We talked a lot.”

‘Never knew Kai is talkative with someone he just met. But as long as he treats her right, then that’s fine.’ He thought. “SM TOWN concert is next week in LA. Let’s go check up our babies before that.”

“i’ll go by myself.” She muttered. She doesn’t want to put high expectation on Donghae’s company. He is busy and she better go alone rather than disturbing his work.

“I’ll go with you. I’m serious this time.”

“So you weren’t serious today?” she sharply said.

“____, don’t start with me. I don’t want to fight.” Donghae whispered softly. “I’ll go with you. You better wait for me next time.”

“You better not making me wait then.” She kept replying his words and he was frustrated.

“I’m going to change.” He stood up and entered the bathroom, locking and leaning against the door. He closed his eyes and massaged his temple. His wife is giving him hard times these days.  He splashed cold water to his face to fresh his mind. He stared at his reflection on the mirror. He recall his childish action in SM building hours ago when he couldn’t find ____ there. He asked the staffs, ran around, and going up and down the floors to look for her. He turned his phone on to contact her and saw many missed calls and texts from her. He was sure that he disappointed her a lot this time.  He even felt disappointed at himself. He had a cold shower to cool down after that.

After changing his clothes, he exited the bathroom and climbed to the bed again. ____ was already asleep. He leaned closer to kiss her cheek. She shifted a bit and turned to his direction, she threw her arm and her leg around his body and mumbled something. ‘Pabo’

He smiled and put his head on the pillow. Even in her sleep she still cursed him. Maybe she is really mad, he thought. Donghae put his arm around her too and pulling her close. She seemed to notice and she sleepily blinked her eyes, and pulling Donghae closer too. She rested her head on his chest before she closed her eyes again and fell asleep again.

“Mianhae, sweet dream yeobo.” Donghae soon fell asleep too with a little smile on his face. At least he got a chance to hold her in his arms after a day being away from her.

 

 

 

AN UPDATE~!

RIP SUNGMIN'S GRANNIE :(

i won't end the story soon, don't worry readers

hope this chapter explain enough about kai

i don't want to explain more about him! let all of you guess HAHA XD

just know that kai is african-korean. x)

 

comment !! thank you ;D

please don't unsubscribe TT__TT