Nine.

Into The Forest.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                Tori could have sworn she woke up in the middle of the night to two glowing orbs staring at her from outside of her window but when she blinked it disappeared. She didn’t go to school for the rest of the week after that incident.

                On Monday morning she was nervous to be going to school, she walked their slowly, not in a rush to see anyone or do anything to do with the place. But she couldn’t put it off any longer, there were only so many days she could feign sickness to her parents.

                But when Tori reached the school no one even looked at her, Daejoon and Lao were nowhere to be seen and she moved towards her locker quickly. Removing her bag and grabbing what she needed.

“Tori.” Lay appeared next to her locker out of thin air, he smiled at her gently, revealing the dimple on his cheek “Good morning.”

She closed her locker and blinked at him “Good morning Lay.” She adjusted her things in her arms “Anything I can help you with?”

“Thought we could walk to class together.” Lay said standing up straight and gesturing his head in the direction of their lesson “How are you?” he asked as they began to walk.

She looked down at her feet as a sigh escaped her lips “I’m okay. Better than last week at least.”

“We were concerned when you didn’t show up.” Lay admitted as he easily walked beside her at her own pace “But we’re glad you’re okay.”

She looked at him and forced a smile “Thank you. For being concerned I mean.” She wanted to slap herself “Did you have a good weekend?”

“Not really.” Lay muttered as they entered the classroom, momentarily scanning the room before he continued to talk “Homework was piled up a little bit.” He gestured for her to take her seat first “What about you?” he sat down after she scooted into the window seat.

She frowned to herself as she set her things down on the table “I didn’t really do anything.” She admitted to him “I wasn’t really up for it.”

“At least you rested.” He smiled at her gently “Is your hand okay?”

She nodded as she brought her hand up to rest it on the table, the bandage was no longer needed “It’s still sore but it’s good.”

He eyed it thoroughly “Swelling has gone down, bruising is also at a minimal. I agree it looks good.” He winked at her.

                She wanted to respond to him but the teacher came in and silenced the words on her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter