Forty-Six.

Into The Forest.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                After Kyungsoo unveiled a cake he had in fact baked whilst Tori was having a long shower, she was suddenly over whelmed by the amount of presents that were ed her way and she began opening them awkwardly one by one.

                She was happy that they thought to celebrate her birthday but she tried not to let it dwell on her that her parents weren’t there to celebrate either or the fact that she was probably, even if not most definitely no longer human.

                Tori retreated to Xiumin’s bedroom after they announced that she wouldn’t be going to school and more than half of them left earlier that morning to keep up appearances. That left only Xiumin, Lay, Chanyeol and Baekhyun in the warehouse because Tori couldn’t be left on her own but she couldn’t go to school with the worries of her shifting in the middle of class.

A knock came at the door and Tori cuddled the snow leopard plush as she looked up at the door that revealed Xiumin “Something you need?” She asked.

He shook his head “Can I come in?”

“Sure.” She shrugged.

He entered the room, closing it behind him before he walked towards the bed, taking a seat at the edge “Chanyeol and Baekhyun are playing that game that Kai got for Tao on his birthday. They wanted to know if you wanted to play it with them?”

“I don’t really feel up to it right now,” She heaved a sigh “Sorry.”

He frowned and then let out a sigh “What’s up?”

“Parents.” She muttered.

Xiumin’s face fell “I’m sorry Tori.”

“It’s not your fault;” A sad smile fluttered across her face “I’m just being stupid.”

He took the snow leopard plush from her grasp, causing her to frown at him as he flung it across the room “You’re not being stupid. You’re grieving, it’s normal. Not to mention everything that you’ve gone through.”

“Why did you throw it?” She frowned as she sat up.

He rolled his eyes and shifted so that he was closer “Because that snow leopard is modelled after the real one

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter