Thirty-Eight

Into The Forest.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                The week went by painfully slow for Tori and before long it was the day of the funeral, something she wasn’t looking forward to at all. She had gotten dressed last and was stood in front of the bathroom mirror looking at herself. She looked and felt terrible, she didn’t want to cry today but she knew that she would.

She heaved one last sigh before leaving the bathroom where everyone else was stood in the living room in crisp black suits. On a normal day she’d have openly stated how handsome they looked but she didn’t have it in her.

“Ready to go?” Sehun asked as he fiddled with his cuffs.

Tori nodded stiffly “I guess.”

“We’re here for you.” Chanyeol reassured her “You’re not alone.”

“Thank you.” Her voice broke and she cringed at the sound.

                Slowly they all moved outside where the cars were and she suddenly felt sick to the stomach, she had forgotten that she would have to sit in the limo alone and she didn’t want to. The others were already moving towards the other cars.

So she reached out and grabbed Xiumin’s hand before he could walk off “I-I can’t sit in there alone.”

Xiumin blinked at her “Do you want me to sit with you?”

“Please.” She pleaded with him “I just can’t.”

“That’s okay.” He gave her hand a reassuring squeeze before he led her to it, opening the door for her “Go on. I’ll be here.”

She ducked into the car and moved so Xiumin could get in beside her, reaching out to lace her fingers through his again “Thank you.”

“It’s okay to be upset.” Xiumin said after shutting the door.

She nodded softly “I just… I can’t believe they’re gone.”

“We’ll take care of you.” Xiumin said tugging her hand towards his other one and encasing it between his warm ones “I know that sounds incredibly weird but you don’t have to go anywhere you know that right? We want to be here for you… I-I want to be here for you.”

She looked up at him with surprise and she gave him the best smile she could muster up “Thank you.” She faced forward and let her head rest against his shoulder, taking him by surprise as she let out a soft sigh.

He bit his lip before he rested his head on the top of hers “I’m sorry for everything Tori. So sorry.”

“Stop it.” She told him softly “It’s not your fault before you say anything. I probably wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for you.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter