Twenty-Nine.

Into The Forest.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                Xiumin went home after he made sure Tori had another dose of medicine and something small to eat that he had made. She complained that she didn’t want to be left alone but he reassured her it was better than having to explain his presence to her parents and she immediately accepted him leaving.

                He greeted Suho after he had exited because it was his turn to watch over Tori and then he set off home. His thoughts were full of the fact that Tori felt safe with his not-so-human form. He remembered how his fingers felt laced with hers and how soft her cheek was despite her being sick.

                To him she still looked pretty despite her red nose, swollen eyes and bed-head look which made him chuckle to himself. He adjusted the straps of his bag and continued his journey with a grin on his face.

Kai was near the door when he had opened it once reaching home and he had a stupid grin on his face “Well look whose back.”

“What?” Xiumin asked as his face turned to a frown, he took off his bag and moved towards the Kitchen.

Kai laughed “You were smiling to yourself. Good day?”

“I was thinking of different ways to kill you on Tori’s request.” Xiumin retorted as he began to unpack his bag.

“How is Tori?” Luhan asked as he leant against the counter.

Xiumin nodded softly “She’s sick but she’s getting better.” And then Xiumin remembered, he looked at Luhan with a serious face and Luhan frowned at him in return “Tori told me about the wolf shifting back into it’s human form. She feels like she’s a murderer because he told her she had killed his kind. She also spoke about seeing me that one night under her window.”

“What?” Kai moved to Xiumin’s side at once “What did she say? Murderer? But ––”

“I know I told her that it was self-defence.” Xiumin turned to look at Kai “She said she was scared but not of me but of the wolf. She said that the ‘Snow Leopard’ –” He used his two fingers as quotation marks “– Made her feel safe.”

“Really?” Luhan broke out into an annoying grin “At least she knows we don’t mean harm. Better yet you don’t mean harm.”

“She said she was hoping that I would come save her when the ‘wolf-boy’ cornered her.” Xiumin said placing his hands down on the counter and closed his eyes in annoyance “I should have been there.”

Kai placed his hand on Xiumin’s back “She’s safe now. There’s nothing we could have done, I was pre-occupied I wanted to come tell you but it was ––”

“I know.” Xiumin cut him off immediately “But it doesn’t make me feel any less annoyed at not finding her sooner.”

“We won’t make the same mistake again.” Luhan said firmly “So don’t worry about it anymore.”

Kai smirked at Xiumin then “So what did you two do?”

“Go away.” Xiumin brought his palm up and pressed it into Kai’s face, pushing him back away from him “You’re annoying.”

“Ow!” Kai swatted Xiumin’s hand away.

La

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter