Forty-One

Into The Forest.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                Kyungsoo helped Tori with breakfast the next day, knowing that no matter how much he tried to convince her that she didn’t have to go back to school yet that she’d still insist that she did. She was stronger than she looked and he knew that, but he was also waiting for that moment where she’d break.

“Do you think they’re right?” Tori asked as she turned her torso to look at him.

Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow back at her, tilting his head to the side “I think their hearts are in the right place but I have more than enough faith you can handle yourself Tori.”

“At least someone does.” She smiled sadly.

“I don’t think it’s them not having faith,” Lay’s voice came from the breakfast bar, making them both jump at how he appeared and didn’t make a sound “I think it’s more about the fact that you’ve been through something horrific and we don’t want you doing something that’ll jeopardize yourself. I see where they’re coming from and you heal at an alarming rate but it’s because they care.”

“He’s right,” Kyungsoo shrugged “Besides none of us know what’s going to happen with you.”

“Isn’t there anyone we could ask about this?” She looked from one to the other.

Kyungsoo shook his head “No, not that I’m aware of but I’ll keep looking.”

                Sehun stumbled into the living area then, looking like he just crawled out of his wardrobe backwards. His tie was barely done up and he looked absolutely shattered.

He sat down next to Lay and heaved a sigh “Remind me not to binge watch anything.”

“Here,” Tori handed him a hot cup of coffee “You need it more than me and you kind of tied your tie wrong.”

“Damn,” He hissed as he hooked his finger into the knot and began untying it “Stupid thing.”

“Ready to go back?” Lay asked “I mean I’m not pressuring you or anything.”

She smiled at him softly “Better now than never.”

~

                The walk to school was quiet, almost deafening considering the ones that had told Tori she couldn’t help them with taking down the wolves hadn’t apologized for upsetting her yet. It was bad to the point where Tori walked straight to her locker and didn’t even say goodbye to them.

Lay leant against the one next to hers and sighed “They’ll get over it.”

“They’re stubborn,” Tori said shutting her locker after putting her things away “Like cats, ironically enough.”

Lay walked alongside her and laughed “Yeah, you’re right.”

                The duo sat down in their usual seats, ignoring the whispers that came along with her socialising with the group and her eyes immediately moved to the window, looking at the edge of the forest that she had only been wondering about just months before.

“Don’t dwell on it.” Lay muttered beside her.

She turned to look at him and shook her head “I was just thinking about how I used to sit here and wonder what was so special about the forest.”

“Special?” He smirked, propping his head on his hand as he looked out the window “I wouldn’t call it that.”

“I felt drawn,” She admitted, turning to look back out of the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter