Forty-Two.

Into The Forest.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                It was Tao’s birthday and of course Tori spent a great deal of time making him a cake as well as the others a feast. Tao liked his beaded gem bracelet, as well as the cake and the other presents everyone got him but Tori felt bad, they couldn’t go out and do anything because of the risks that would cost and they were all on edge.

                No one had seen the wolves since the funeral and it was making their nerves go wild. Tori tried to put on a smile as Tao played on the new dance game that Kai had bought him, although they all knew it was more for himself than for Tao.

Suho sat down next to Tori, nudging her with his elbow as they watched Tao failing at the game “You’re awfully quiet today.” He pointed out.

“I just feel on edge,” She replied with a simple smile “Things are too quiet.”

“We know,” Suho looked up and noticed Xiumin frowning at him “We’re all the same,” He turned to look at her and nudged her again “I heard you and Suzy got into an argument. Want to talk about it?”

“Not really,” Tori frowned, shaking her head from side to side softly “She didn’t know what she was talking about.”

“They never do,” Suho sighed before he realised what he said “Sorry, humans don’t tend to understand us a lot.”

“I gathered that,” She gave him a soft smile “I was a part of that society for a bit.”

“Unlucky you.” Kris muttered as he walked past and Tori let out a soft laugh.

“We’re not exactly the most social bunch.” Suho said with amusement.

Tori snorted again “I know.”

                Something niggled at Tori in that moment, her head slowly turning towards the front door where she felt something. It was small to begin with, just a simple magnetic pull that made her want to look at the door.

It wasn’t until she sensed something bigger that she shot to her feet “Something’s here.” Tori said loud enough for everyone to come to a standstill and stare in the same direction as her.

“Did you feel something?” Luhan asked.

Tori nodded slowly “It’s coming.”

“Kyungsoo, Lay,” Xiumin’s voice cut through the silence “You’re in charge of taking care of her,” Xiumin’s hand wrapped around Tori’s arm and pulled her back “Tori stay with them no matter what okay?” He frowned when he realised she wasn’t looking at him “Tori look at me!”

Her eyes broke from the door and stared at him “Okay.”

Xiumin nodded at her before moving towards Luhan “Stay in formation. Whatever is coming we can handle it. Don’t single yourselves out. Always stick in pairs.”

Tori inhaled sharply, it was so loud that it made most of them turn to face her as her eyes warped again “its outside.”

“Why can she sense it and we can’t?!” Chen asked as he took a step back.

Kris shook his head “We shouldn’t be asking questions right now.”

A large bang erupted from outside of the door and then again straight after until Jaesoon was stood there with wolves behind him. There were so many that it even had Kris backing up a bit.

“Save that one for me,” Jaesoon gestured to Tori “She’s mine.”

“Over my dead body!” Xiumin snarled.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter