Forty-Four.

Into The Forest.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                Tori stumbled upon Xiumin huddled in front of a laptop the night after; everyone had already long gone to bed. Xiumin was staring at the screen as if an answer would jump out at him. She padded towards him and set a hand on his shoulder, making him jump before he let out a sigh.

“You should be in bed,” He pointed out “You need rest.”

“And so do you,” She said placing her hand on the laptop lid and pulling it until it was closed “You’re not going to find answers like that.”

He turned to look at her and frowned “I’m worried about what our DNA is going to do to you.”

“I don’t think it’s going to make things any worse,” She aired as she hopped onto the stool next to him “I don’t feel bad.”

“We’ve never come across this before;” He raked his fingers through his hair “It’s not normal. We’ve always been alone. There’s never been any sightings of female shifters before and –”

“Xiumin you’re worrying too much,” She frowned at him, setting her hand on his arm “We’ve dealt with everything this far we can handle it.”

“I don’t think you understand what I’m saying,” He stared down at her hand on his arm “When I said I don’t want to lose you I meant it.”

“I’m not going anywhere.”

“How can we be so sure?” He looked away from her and sighed “We’ve never handled this kind of thing before.”

“Xiumin,” She said his name softly, making him look at her again as his eyes widened just as her hand settled on his face “Stop it,” her eyes shifted to the clock on the wall and she turned to smile at him again “Happy Birthday to me.”

Xiumin frowned, his eyes moving to the clock before he looked back at her “Happy birthday.”

                The clock hit midnight and Tori was officially eighteen, everything went eerily quiet when Xiumin noticed something wrong with Tori’s eyes. They stared to warp as she frowned at the expression on Xiumin’s face before he grabbed her arms to look deeply into her eyes.

“What is it?” She asked “Xiumin?!”

“Ow!” He retracted his arms when he felt a sudden burning sensation on his hands “Lay!” he shouted as he tried touching her, only to with draw his hand.

She stood up and looked at her hands “What’s… what’s happening?!”

Lay bolted from his room as the others peered out with wide eyes “Tori?!” He tried to grab her only to stagger back with a hiss “What the hell?!” Sehun was about to run past but Lay pulled him back “Don’t touch her.”

“What’s going on?!” She was beginning to panic at the look on their faces. She opened to speak but fell to her knee when she felt something twist in her stomach, rendering her speechless.

“Oh god what do we do?!” Sehun shouted at them “What’s happening?!”

Kris stormed past, moving to open the front door “We need to cool her down.”

“We can’t touch her!” Lay snapped

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter