Twenty-Eight.

Into The Forest.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

                Xiumin washed everything up after pouring two more glasses of orange juice for himself and Tori. When he was done he dried his hands and turned to Tori who was watching his every move.

“Up we get.” He said holding his hand out to her “I think it’s best you get to bed.”

She placed her tiny, delicate hand in his and he helped her up “You’re not leaving right?” She asked sleepily.

“Do you want me to stay?” Xiumin asked as he helped her towards the stairs and then up them.

She nodded “Please? I feel safer.”

“Okay.” He nodded even though she was focusing more on not tripping up the stairs; he helped her into her room and then forced her to lie down on the bed “I won’t leave okay?”

“Promise?” She asked with a frown.

He laughed as he pulled the covers over her “You’re a child when you’re sick do you know that?”

“I don’t care.” She said turning on her side to face him as he pulled the desk chair over “Does it bother you?”

“Not really.” He smiled as he sat back in the chair “Kind of cute.”

She blushed “Stop it.”

“Okay.” He crossed his arms over his chest “I think it’s time for you to go to sleep.”

“No.” She shook her head as she looked at him “The wolf-boy will come for me.”

Xiumin frowned deeply “Wolf-boy?”

“Sounds far-fetched huh?” She muttered sleepily “He was a wolf… he had me cornered but then he turned into a man.” She yawned slowly “He said they weren’t exactly human but… it’s my fault. I killed his kind and now he wants me. I’m a murderer.”

“Hey now.” He reached over and took her hand gently “You’re not a murderer. It was self-defence.”

She flipped his hand and laced her fingers through his which made him blink “They’re coming for me. I can feel it.” She murmured as her eyes fluttered closed.

“I will not let that happen.” He said as he gritted his teeth “I will keep you safe. We will make sure nothing happens to you. I swear it.”

“Promise?” She muttered sleepily.

He heaved a long sigh “Promise.”

“Good kitty.” She smiled before her breathing evened out.

                Xiumin went rigid at what she had said, but only smiled when he realised she had fallen asleep. Kitty, Xiumin found it highly ironic. He sat there for a while staring at how warm her hand felt entangled in his and he liked it. After a while he looked up at her face and resisted the urge to run two fingers over her delicate cheek.

                There was a time where he could only dream of touching Hana the way he was with Tori right now. If he had been in his human she’d have probably still have  been here today. The simple touch was enough for Xiumin because he had never been able to reassure Hana and he hated it. It was always his one regret because he couldn’t be who he really was because she had taken him in only as his fake identity of a small kitten.

                But Tori accepted him for who he was, she accepted them all without question and didn’t judge them. She helped Sehun without knowing him, she helped him without a care about the consequences and she didn’t force herself on them.

                His lips t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter