Ten.

Into The Forest.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                Xiumin woke up with a pounding headache; his last memory was seeing Tori’s face as she carried him through the forest. He had no idea why she was in the woods and he had no idea why she had taken on a gigantic wolf with no idea as to what she was dealing with.

                But she saved his life; he didn’t hear the wolf behind him. He had shifted into a fennec fox because it was small and extremely agile; he was hoping he could find a small place to hide until one of the others found him.

                He opened his eyes and was aware that he was still in his fox-shaped form. That and he was vaguely aware of the purple-painted room he was now in. He knew it was Tori’s room; he had stopped by the night of what happened with Daejoon to make sure she really was okay.

                He had no idea why he had done so but it gave him a peace of mind so he didn’t question it any further. She appeared in the door way and set out a wash cloth, a bandage and a bowl of water. Carefully she extended a hand towards him, Xiumin was extremely cautious.

                Of course he knew she wasn’t going to hurt him as she gently ran her fingers through his soft white fur. He had a horrible sense of de ja vu as she gently grabbed the wash cloth, dunking it into the water before cleaning away the blood.

                Tori couldn’t understand why the fox was being so calm with her, but she carried on treating it anyway. She looked at its long ears and couldn’t understand why it couldn’t hear or sense the presence of the wolf behind it. Had it given up before she saved it? What would she do now that she had saved it?

                Once she was happy with the cleaned critter, she wrapped a bandage around its hurt leg. Xiumin whimpered as she tightened it enough so that the bleeding would stop all on its own without the need of stitches.

                She completed her task and picked up all the things she had brought in before carrying them towards the desk and setting them down.

Her fingers ran through her hair as she sat down on her desk chair “I don’t even know where to go from here.” She muttered to the fox who stared at her intently “I went into those woods because I was concerned with how my seat-mate was acting. Then I stumbled upon you. You can’t even find fennec foxes in this country let alone in a forest.” She stopped and pulled her fingers from her hair to as she stared at the fox “I’ve gone insane. It’s official.” She stood up and tore her eyes away from him.

                Xiumin probably would have resisted the urge to laugh as she started muttering words of self-doubt over her sanity. If he wasn’t a fennec fox and was stuck inside of Tori’s bedroom right now.

Xiumin only manage

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter