*calling mistressdean | Definition of Jungkook

ℝookie ℝeviews | A Review Shop | Closed & Catching Up (Please Read Chapter 68)

The Definition of Jungkook
Review Requested By: mistressdean
Reviewer: scookieez
Review Requested: July 15th, 2015
Review Completed & Posted: July 21st, 2015
**Please remember to credit us with in your foreword with the banner on the right and comment to let us know you've picked up**



 


Title (7/10)
I think its pretty creative but it doesn’t have that much relevance, but that might be because it’s not completed yet. I like the name as it’s not cliché and you can’t automatically tell what it’s about, but it leaves a sense of curiosity.

Foreword (15/15)
I honestly couldn’t find anything wrong with it. It has what the story is about and leaves a good sense of curiosity and makes the reader want to read it and also has a little humour in it. It’s short but gets to the point and doesn’t linger on one thing which is great! It’s clear and concise which in all honesty, makes up for a great foreword.

Characters (16/20)
I like the characters so far but I feel like you’ve not explained much on Taehyung but like the title, it may be because this story hasn’t fully had the chance of being completed. I like Jackson’s character but it seems like we don’t really know much about him. I think Jungkook’s and Minhee’s characters are really interesting and are strangely alike yet polar opposites, which sounds confusing but it makes me ship them more. The characters vary, which is good. From the loud and funny Jackson to the quiet and self preserved Jungkook and the two easily distracted ones; Sungyeol and Taehyung. It’s a comical story and the characters are pretty good so far. I enjoyed how you picked people from different groups and I could imagine this happening which was really interesting.

Narrative Elements (20/30)
I like how it gives Minhee’s point of view and randomly gives Jungkook's point of view, but it’s really random and I got confused sometimes as to who’s view it was. You’ve also randomly started with Minhee’s point of view, then gone into a third person’s point of view which was really confusing. I think that through Jungkook and Minhee’s point of view, you learn more about the individual characters and it makes the story more interesting and also humorous.


Plot & Theme (18/35)
I liked the idea although it does seem cliché since it’s the cold hearted guy and the new girl  in town who gets him to notice her and whatnot. However, you’ve written it in a new style that if I were just reading it and not reviewing, I would barely have noticed it. It was a new style and I liked how it was written. It’s not finished so I can’t give a whole opinion on it but I liked how you wrote it and the whole concept was interesting in it’s own way. Some things were cliché like how Jungkook was really smart and had the looks but I guess every story has to make the guy seem like he’s the best. 

Entertainment Factors (8/10)
I enjoyed it overall but it was slightly cliché and predictable. I think it was funny but I also wanted to face palm at some moments when Minhee and Jungkook spoke alone. I enjoyed the clash of different idols from different groups. It was new and I liked it.

Overall Score (84/120)

That is pretty great for an unfinished story! I’ll probably keep reading it since it’s pretty darn good! ^-^


Reviewer's Song Choice: