*calling Minderaser | Love 102

ℝookie ℝeviews | A Review Shop | Closed & Catching Up (Please Read Chapter 68)

Love 102
Requested By: Minderaser
Reviewer: rectangular_smile
Review Requested: July 3rd, 2015
Review Completed & Posted: July 10th, 2015
**Please remember to credit us in your foreword with the banner on the right and comment to let us know you've picked it up**

 

 


Title (8/10)
I really like the title because I haven't seen something like it. However; I don't see where does it relate in the story, all I see is two celebrities who are in love with someone in between. I don't know where does the title's meaning have gone to because I'm not feeling it, if there is a meaning behind the title that us readers must come up with, then I'm sorry because I don't see it anywhere. But I still like the number in the title because its kinda mysterious and makes you want to dig in the reason why was it created. 
--The title may also have to do with the fact that it's a sequel, and the first story Love 101 may have had a meaning with that, so Love 102 is just a play off of that, which is clever to an extent.

Foreword (13/15)
Your layout is perfect, even though I was in from my phone I still find it good. It's what all writers do this time and it's just good, don't change it. 
To be honest, your foreword wasn't eye-catching, it was like all those stories that starts with the same foreword, the same plot and the same words. There is no originality but I'm going to give you some credit over the fact its a sequel. Sequels are most likely to be written like that because its only a continuation of the main story, so I'm going to be fair and give you a score you deserve.
It does describe the story well but I can say that it made it highly predictable and most readers are already piecing out the puzzles, they already know what's going to happen so I suggest you make more complicated forward that makes readers on their toes; in other words, you need a hook. I suggest you make one instead of simply laying it out like that. 

Characters (17/20)
I don't think you bothered to introduce the characters, I'm not talking about the two main but the others, not by the foreword or anything but by the development of the story progress. In all those eight chapters I haven't read anything related to the other characters beside Xiumin and Sunny, but they are another story because they are the sidekicks in the story. I don't feel like there is something else going on beside the two main characters, you need to write more side stories and introduce more characters, like the Exo members and SNSD, yeah we know them but in your story pretend that they are some characters from your mind, how would you introduce them? Try to think about it and to give you advice, try to give the spotlight to the other members or even characters from your mind.
I like that you introduced Luhan's parents even though they are not a part of the story, that was a good job ^^. 

Narrative Elements (27/30)
I don't have anything to say in here because they are all good, your grammar was perfect, your paragraphing was also perfect. The mood of the story was getting to me but not that much; the story didn't make me want to cry, it was too simple. I wanna point out something, the cheating part was way too fast, you haven't wrote anything from the story yet and there she is cheating on him even though she wasn't aware. You as an author need to stretch out the story a bit, give them some moments together *more than what you wrote* try to add some fluff. The angst was good though, maybe it didn't make me that sympathetic with Jessica, but it was still good. Also, the short chapters! That is not very good, I always find myself pressing the next button before even getting to anything, it wasn't so long which makes them seem plotless which also leads to boredom, you have to make longer chapters and create a huge twist that can make the story less predictable.
-- The short chapters made it seem slightly rushed, so lengthening those and spacing out the important events (this can be done by adding filler chapters, that although don't effect the plot too much, fill in the holes that may be there by not rushing it. i.e. If you have two important and separate events, but don't want to rush it, add some chapters between the events; maybe chapters with the other characters and side plots, so it doesn't get too boring.

Plot and Theme (30/35)
As I said before, the story is too predictable. Until now I haven't read something that would make me think something different would happen. It was boring maybe because I have read so many stories with the same plot but overall, it wasn't unique at all. Just try to make a twist that would make me cry some tears or squeal in happiness; your choice but you just gotta do it!
-- Add the excitement level. Plot twist are always a lovely thing for the readers to enjoy and you can hook them and leave them coming back for more by leaving a chapter on a cliffhanger.

Entertainment Factors (9/10)
Lets lay out the strict reviewer face aside and talk like a normal reader. I really enjoyed the story, it wasn't really heavy and easy going. It rolled off my tongue easily which sometimes can be bad, but because the story was light, it was good! I like their relationship, they seem so sincere to each other and I just like it.
Try to listen to my review and hopefully you'll improve, I see a lot of potential in this story because your writing style is so good and you have a good vocabulary. I'm really impressed with your grammar too so fighting for your story! I would like to read more of your works ^^
-- Despite it's slight predictability, your story was an enjoyable read overall, and if you add to it, it'll get even better!!

Overall score: (104/120) **This story has been added to the Hall of Fame**


Reviewer's Song Choice: