*calling aibeast | Never look back

ℝookie ℝeviews | A Review Shop | Closed & Catching Up (Please Read Chapter 68)
 

Egl8N9e.jpgNever look back
Requested by: aibeast
Reviewer: Yoon_Jeonghan
Review Requested: July 16th, 2015
Review Completed & Posted: 
July 18th, 2015
**Please remember to credit us with the banner on the right and comment to let us know that you've picked it up**

 


Title: (6/10)
The title was very cliche, and lacking creativity, but I loved it. The title fit well with the story and arouses many emotions from viewers, which is a great aspect for the title as it can gain attention from readers.

Foreword: (9/15)
No layout was used, but a layout is not required for a good story. Rhetorical questions were used to gain the audience's attention. I think that was a really good idea as it can get the readers wondering about how they would feel experiencing the same situation. The only thing I would like to point out is that, the two middle questions are quite similar to the first. I don't think it was necessary to have them as I believe the first and last question was already beneficial. 

Characters: (16/20)
All I have to say is Changjo is a selfish A-hole. I'm just kidding, I love it. I loved the characters. They were introduced through their feelings and role, which makes the audience connect well with them. The way the author portrayed the characters made it seemed like they were the only people who existed in the world. The character development was simply great. I loved how selfish Changjo was and how desperate L.Joe became towards the end.

Narative Elements: (22/30)
While the plot and narration of the story was beautiful, I think the story could use some proof-reading. There were times where the sentences were supposed to be connected, yet the author chose to separate them with full stops. Also, the swearing, it didn't fit in with the sentences. I know they were supposed to make the situation more intense, but I don't think they were really necessary. It was kind of a turn off (sorry for putting your story like this). 

Plot and Theme: (24/35)
The story was very bittersweet. The plot is cliche, but the author described it well, which makes up for it. Changjo is a selfish A-hole, I hope he rots (I'm just kiddinjg, I love him). Death and a break up was used as a theme in the story. It was a great combination as it evokes many emotions and tells readers that "you never really live until you find someone worth dying for." The ending was heartbreaking, L.Joe did not deserve to die, although death is something I love reading about. I think scene should be described more. How he died? Maybe not a full-blown description, but just a sentence, something like, "He took a step, plummeting to his death. Let this be the end." The conflict in the story was overwhelming, I loved every word I read about it. It shows the many conflicts couples face. It was well written, but the plot was cliche, which really didn't matter as the author wielded the plot perfectly, into her style of writing.

Entertainment Factors: (9/10)
The story was very sad. I know I have repeated this like twice, but let me repeat this again, Changjo is an A-hole. I loved the story, it was very bittersweet. The conflict was displayed throughout the story, which was one of the great aspects of the it. The character development was great and shows how much you can do for someone you love. I really recommend reading the story, especially if the readers are looking for a story that portrays a rocky relationship.

Overall Score: (86/120)

 

REVIEWER'S NOTE:
I loved the oneshot. The only things I'm concerned with are the foreword, the swearing and the occasional grammatical errors. Overall, the story was well written. A very cliche plot, but the author has managed to make it an advantage in her story. I really recommend the story.


Reviewer's Song Choice: