*calling potatounnie | Getting His Number

ℝookie ℝeviews | A Review Shop | Closed & Catching Up (Please Read Chapter 68)

Getting His Number
Requested By: potatounnie
Reviewer: scookieez
Review Requested: July 5th, 2015
Review Completed & Posted: July 15th, 2015
**Please remember to credit us in your foreword with the banner on the right and comment to let us know you've picked up your review**

 

 


Title (9/10)
I think it’s quite original since not many other people have this type of title. I think once a person clicks on it, they know what they’re about to read since the title gives you exactly what you need to know and is very relevant.

Foreword (13/15)
The foreword was good. Gave enough information without giving it all away.

Characters (12/20)
The story starts straight with the female protagonist. It doesn’t go into that much depth with her but the author explains Jungkook incredibly well. The character develops well through the story with the help of her friend. Throughout the whole story, we never know her name since she’s described as “she” or “the girl”. I think the friend’s character is also pretty vague but it was still interesting to read. The author describes her character a bit later on when the friend, Taehyung, is talking about her with Jungkook.

Narrative Elements (25/30)
Throughout most of the story, it was in a third person’s point of view. We merely see it from Taehyung and then Jungkook later on in the story but it seems to always go back to the main girl. The author makes a couple of mistakes with the spelling and punctuation and changes the narration once when she says “you” but that’s all it is. I think how she changes the point of views slightly to match Taehyung and Jungkook is interesting since it works with the story and keeps a consistent flow throughout the story. I would improve the grammar mistakes and make sure it’s in one point of view throughout the story unless you make it obvious it’s going to change.

Plot and Theme (32/35)
I think the plot and theme was incredibly original and great! I didn’t get at all bored or zone out and it kept me going and I was eager to know how she got his number at the end. I’ve never read a story like this so I think it’s great that its original and you thought of it yourself. I think you should’ve made her ask on the last day rather than when there was 6 days left but I still liked the whole plot. I liked Taehyung's character in it although you leave some things unanswered. I thought he liked her at one point but I couldn’t tell that well. Also, some bits didn’t add up. If she was “smart, pretty, and fit” then why would she get bullied? Also how wouldn’t she have friends? I thought it was great how you did the first paragraph. It makes you more eager to know what she does and how she actually does it all. It’s quite humorous and I think it makes you like the characters and the story more since it’s perfect for humour. I think it flowed well and keeps the reader interested.

Entertainment Factors (10/10)
I enjoyed this story so much! I really hope you do a sequel which is longer. It honestly made me laugh and I think most people can relate to it. I once had a crush and I remember freaking out whenever I saw him! Oh my goodness! This story reminds me of me when I was like that. I think this is one of the best stories I’ve read. I hope you write a sequel and do tell me when you do! ;)

Overall Score (101/120) *This Review has been added to the Hall of Fame*


Reviewer's Song Choice: