*calling tsinaee | Perished nostalgia

ℝookie ℝeviews | A Review Shop | Closed & Catching Up (Please Read Chapter 68)

Perished nostalgia
Review Requested By: tsinaee
Reviewer: rectangular_smile
Review Requested: August 3rd, 2015
Review Completed & Posted: August 17th, 2015
**Please remember to credit us in your foreword with the banner on the right and comment to let us know you've picked up**

 

 

 

Note: We are so sorry for the late review. It won't happen again.


Title (10/10)
Oh my gosh, so yeah. I freaking love your title. What does it refer to though? Her perished habits or what? Even though the title is awesome and pretty much new, I still can't seem to understand what it has to do with the story.

Foreword (20/20)
Again, perfect foreword and very few words, though it still made me very excited to read the rest. The hook is indeed there but one thing I still didnt understand. Why does it seem so angsty - the poster was all black too - so I wonder if the story holds angsty scenes? 

Characters (15/20)
T
o be honest I did not see many interaction with the main protagonist. All I saw was one mean who sleeps with anyone around. I can't judge it much because you only updated one chapter but still from that small chapter there wasn't much interaction with Exo members. Her relationship with Kai is good, however, but I didn't like the fact that she punched him so hard that it drew blood, but then she fainted. If you have blood fears you wouldn't be such a badass. I don't know it kinda refused to enter my head ;)

Narrative Elements (15/30)
H
mm, where do i start? First of all you have a lot of typos in your story. I've spotted a lot of repeated words in some of the parts that bothered me a lot. You have mentioned how many times you re-wrote the whole chapter and I was surprised there was a lot of mistakes.
I didn't like the girl's attitude, to be honest. I thought there would be a huge reason why she acted so trashy and mean with her friends and family but found none. From all the stories I've read - and from personal experiences - most girls act that way because they have a strong reason. Maybe there is a reason that would be mentioned in the future chapters but till now I haven't seen anything wrong with her life. 
I
 get that she finds pleasure in sleeping with other different boys everyday but it's quite unhealthy in reality, so you might want her to lay off the . Kekeke, that's just my personal opinion. You can ignore it if you want.
I don't get how her parents left her acting like that when she was such a ty - ahm, excuse my language - I get that they brought her a tutor to make her turn into a better person, but honestly I don't think they are being strict much - gosh, I feel like I'm judging a real life person kekeke.
B
ack to you. Well, your writing style wasn't that impressive. It was like all those normal styles many AFF users. I think you have great potential to make your story more meaningful - have more taste to it than just a girl who s everyone around and has someone else tutor her who is worse - I really get that your story is all about but really, it was close to being plotless story.
H
onestly your foreword was so pretty and written so perfectly that I had high hopes reading, but I got really disappointed and it's only the first chapter >.<

Plot & Theme (25/35)
I don't know why but I felt like the story wasn't angsty at all. I'm sorry if the story wasn't angst to begin with but the foreword - plus the poster - gave me the impression that it was an angsty, sad kind of story. If the story was indeed angst, then you should tag it as one, if it's not and was more into the fluffy, comedy side than you should also tag it, and maybe change the poster into something more light-hearted and colorful. 
A
s I said before, the plot wasn't really there and I was bored most of the time reading it - I'm really sorry for my harsh words - I really think you should make the story more deep and give it a meaning that would forever leave an impact. As I said, the story has great potential and if you were aiming for the bad girl vibe who was the iest of everyone in the planet but actually has a heart, then you should change it, because that plot is overused so much. 

Entertainment Factors (5/10)
I
 really didn't enjoy this story, maybe because it wasn't my kind of jams since I enjoy extremely different stories with extremely meaningful plots. Or maybe because you still haven't updated so many chapters that I wasn't feeling it? Anyhow, I just wanted to say that you need to make extra interactions with the lead protagonist and everyone around her. Lay off the curses because it makes a story cheap. I get they are all badass and stuff, but do they all have to cuss? 

Overall Score (90/120)


Reviewer's Song Choice:


For such a late review, here are some cute gifs of your biases (based on what you wrote on your profile page >.<).