*calling WeAreLikeFireWoRks | Let Me Go

ℝookie ℝeviews | A Review Shop | Closed & Catching Up (Please Read Chapter 68)

Let Me Go
Review Requested By: WeAreLikeFireWoRks
Reviewer: rectangular_smile
Review Requested: July 28th, 2015
Review Completed & Posted: August 6th, 2015
**Please Remember to credit us in your foreword with the banner on the right and comment to let us know you've picked up**

 

 


Title (6/10)
Honestly, the title wasn't original at all. I have seen plenty of similar titles with the same aspect. I can tell the story is angsty without even having to read the foreword and that might be good considering it views what genre the story is going to be, but the originality wasn't there. You could have used lots of other titles, especially since your story revolves around so many things. You could have used her memory loss to create another, creative title. You could have used V's job as a guardian angel. You could have used a lot of stuff to refer your story beside the 'love' part and still make it look angsty.

Foreword (15/15)
I
 really liked the first part of the story, where you seem like you ripped a paragraph from your story and placed it for all of us readers to see, I thought that it made the story more confusing and mysterious in a unique way. Your vocabulary is pretty impressive, too. The words you used are unique and aren't used much so I think it made the story a bit complex, which is a bonus. 
T
he second part was pretty mysterious too, even though it was obvious. It was pretty clear, but still caused a lot of questions to surface in my head. I kept questioning some things that weren't mentioned and I can simply say it was the hook for your story.

Characters (20/20)
S
o, this is awesome. I really liked the way they interact with each other. There was a lot of mysterious conversation that made me want to dig deeper into the matter. The gear on my head started rolling and I found myself questioning the simplest words coming out of their mouths. It was beautifully portrayed and it was pulling me in reading more and more.

Narrative Elements (30/30)
W
hat really caught my attention was your vocabulary. It wasn't too complicated and wasn't too easygoing. I really like reading hard and more descriptive words because it gives the story a unique sense of originality and to be honest a lot of authors should do that.
Y
ou have spotless chapters, they were all nicely written. I haven't spotted any grammar errors or any typos -except for one when you meant to write 'new' but wrote 'knew' instead, but its only one time- and it was really perfect.

Plot & Theme (35/35)
E
ven though angst stories aren't my forte, I cannot be biased. Your plot is new, I haven't seen anyone who made the idea of guardian angels and a memory loss in the same story before. I won't say I haven't read anything about a guardian angel or a disabled girl with memory loss, but I honestly didn't see the two ideas mashed up together. Your story had a lot of new things I haven't seen before beside the main plot which was amazing. All I can say is that you had made something really beautiful.

Entertainment Factors (10/10)
Y
our style was amazing. It flowed beautifully and it was completely amazing. I was enjoying myself too much while reading and I was totally absorbed in the plot. The words you chose made me think you have really good English -perhaps it's your main language?- and your vocabulary was perfect. I really enjoyed your story. 

Overall Scores (116/120) *This story has been added to the Hall of Fame*


Reviewer's Song Choice: