Out of His Mind

Loveholic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Youngmin joins the tournament instead of you. There was no argues since the judges agreed, you twisted your ankle and that's enough reason to have another student of the same class join the game. Youngmin knows how to swim pretty well- you can still remember when the two of you were kids, he practiced a lot but it took him a few weeks of more practice to swim a higher feet than 5th feet.

The MC shouted on the microphone, alarming everyone to be on set. When they were set and ready to go, the counts one to three started and the participants dove in.

You couldn't stop looking back at them, at how Youngmin was doing but at the same time you were wincing while a nurse do something to your feet. She whispered something to you, but you didn't mind and you also didn't heard.

"YoonHee, she says you need to go to the clinic." Kwangmin repeated what the nurse had said. This time, you heard clearly which is also because Kwangmin was blocking you from watching his brother. "I'm going to carry you, is that okay?" He suggested. 

"I'm good here. I don't need to go to the clinic."

"Of course you do," Kwangmin ignored you complaining that you don't want to be in the clinic, that you need to be there and watch Youngmin, be there to support him. Kwangmin carried you in a bridal style, you were so close to him...and yet, all you could do was complaining, making him annoyed.

Kwangmin enters the clinic with you and the nurse followed inside while closing the door behind her. Kwangmin gently put you down on a bed in a sitting position.

"Stay here, okay?" He said and went out, leaving you there with the nurse who was doing something with your feet. It was too painful, unlike earlier. You thought you had escaped the pain, but now that Youngmin's not in your sight, you're suffering the pain again.

A few minutes had passed and the teacher went in with Minwoo and Kwangmin. You could see their happy faces so you couldn't avoid asking the question 'Where is he?' You have been looking for him, thinking of him but he didn't even come in to check your condition. Did he lose? No, it's impossible. Seeing your teacher holding the golden prize of a swimmer, showing honor for the school...He won. He won, but where is he?

"Ahm, Youngmin won? He did right?" 

"Sure thing, sweetie." The teacher said, walking towards you and hugged you tenderly. Then after pulling away, she said sayings from the bible--which she never did before, and then thanked god you're fine, and that Youngmin at least won the game. She can be annoying sometimes though, but who cares? You need to see Youngmin right away. He must have been exhausted. Shouldn't he come to you? He had said 'I love you'...He had kissed your forehead...He knows how you feel about him... 

"Where is he then?"

"Oh," was all the teacher could say. In a moment, she changed the topic and you were stuck with her. Minwoo and Kwangmin left the room, they told both of you that tonight would be the time to go home but if you want, you can rest for a while and they could change the flight date or something.

"No, I'm fine." You replied to them. Before you could ask them to bring Youngmin in, they already left and the door was already closed and that leaves you with a noisy teacher. 

* * *

Kwangmin goes near the beach where he had last seen Youngmin after the tournament. He wasn't there anymore. Well, he thought he wasn't.

"Let's talk," Youngmin said behind Kwangmin. Kwangmin turned around, glad to see his brother but inside him, he was disappointed of the scene he saw earlier before the tournament began- when Youngmin became your hero, when he kissed your foreword...and even though he's not sure that Youngmin said those three magical words, he still feels disappointed but he wants to be glad. He knew from the very start that you would never fall for him...Kwangmin understands that, and he had been dying to move on...

"YoonHee wants to see you. You should go see her," Kwangmin said in a ragged voice.

"No, I want to talk to you."

"Oh...Yeah, but later...You should see her."

"Kwangmin."

Both of them just stared at each other in a brief moment. Kwangmin was dumbfounded; he didn't understand Youngmin's voice or his expression. He was unreadable. He couldn't make sure if he's glad he won the tournament or if he's angry or sad about it.

Youngmin took back in his mind what he had been practicing to say. He wasn't ready yet.

"How's your arm?" He asked, only making a weird start of conversation.

"It had been well...since a few days ago..." Kwangmin replied. "Why ask?" 

"I...was curious."

"But you knew. You already know my arm is doing well after the accident. I bet you have something else in your mind...What is it you really want to tell me, hyung? Is there a problem?" Kwangmin wanted to assure this. Every time Youngmin says 'Let's talk', it would always be something serious and important and not something nonsense. "Tell me, hyung." He added.

Youngmin closed his eyes before saying the words he meant to say, "When you were drunk...You told me about killing father."

And Kwangmin's eyes widened in surprise.

"He tried to kill YoonHee...And he was the one w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter