Reasons Part 1

Loveholic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You agitated to head back to school with Youngmin. Both of you worried to death about what happened and what your father did while at school.

When you arrived there, the gym where the prom was held was now empty except the tables and chairs. Da Eun draws closer to you and Youngmin the moment the two of you came in.

"What happened to him?" Youngmin asked.

"Well... Yoonhee's father came..." Da Eun said, lowering her eyes and looking at her feet.

"What did my father do here? What's that got to do with Kwangmin?" You asked.

"Well---"

Da Eun was about to say it but then Hyunseong suddenly appeared behind you. Youngmin, Da Eun and you looked at him in surprise.

"You should have seen how your father slapped Kwangmin's face, telling him about some stupid deal and then punch him in the face!" Hyunseong said, punching the air as if roleplaying your father. "It was unexpected."

* * *

Youngmin brought Kwangmin home and you went along with them. You felt guilty that he got hurt because of your father. Youngmin carried Kwangmin in their room and gently put his younger brother down and covered him in his blanket. Kwangmin was still sleeping, but he was also burning up with a high fever.

"Can you stay here for a while? I'll just get a bowl of water and a rag... Then I'll walk you home." Youngmin said and went out of the room. When he was out of sight, you sat on a chair beside Kwangmin's bed. You touched the back of his palm and could feel his body burning. He was sweating badly and you thought he must have been so shocked. You've always known him as someone who easily gets weak when someone misunderstood him and he would put all the blame to himself. However, whatever you were thinking, you didn't want him to feel that way for himself.

"Yoonhee-ah," all of the sudden, you heard him whisper your name in his sleep. He whispered over and over again, the only word coming out of his mouth was always your name. It made you squeezed his hand tighter and tighter, calling his name so he could wake up because you would always feel scared every time someone talks in their sleep.

It's become a habit to worry to death when people talk in their sleep.

"Kwangmin-ah... Don't worry, I'm here." You whispered and touched his forehead, "You'll be fine, Kwangmin-ah."

Like he heard you, he stopped calling your name. Earlier, he was having a hard time to breathe as if he was suffocating in his sleep but when you talked to him, he fell silent and his breath became stable.

"I'm sorry, Kwangmin-ah... This is my entire fault."

Shortly, Youngmin went back in with his terrified and worried mother behind him. You quickly take away your hands from Kwangmin's, hastily stood up walked a little far away from Kwangmin's bed.

Youngmin sat on the chair this time, placing the wet rag on Kwangmin's forehead and taking a glance at his mother then to you.

"I don't think I can walk you home, Yoonhee-ah." He said. "Minwoo is waiting for you outside."

"Eh? Minwoo's here?"

* * *

It was already late when you decided to go home and found Minwoo waiting for you outside. Youngmin didn't bother to at least watch you head home with Minwoo; he only took care of his younger brother.

"Minwoo-ah," you called. "Can we ride the bus?" You felt so tired so you wanted to ride the bus and take a rest there instead of walking home like usual. Minwoo agreed to you and paid the fair without you asking for it.

You sat beside the window and leaned your back on your chair. Minwoo was sitting beside you, trembling and nervous to talk to you. He knew you were exhausted so he stayed quiet and just waited for the bus to stop when you arrive home.

Exhausted after all that running, worrying and of everything that happened these days, you fell asleep. To be exact, you fell asleep...on Minwoo's shoulder.

Without looking at you, he felt his heart thump fast. His lips were effortlessly grinning. He looked at you and then looked away, showing crystal clear in his eyes. He suddenly cried softly, trying not to make any noises so nobody would notice and so you would not wake up.

He was crying because he wants to forget you, but he couldn't get himself to forget you. He wants to get away from you as soon as possible, he wants to walk away and turn his back on you, but no matter what he does, he always keep on coming back to you.

He has feelings for you, true feelings, which are different from how he felt about Suzy and him. He hates himself for that; he couldn't stop but c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter